Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No terminating error in your log - is this the one following the crash?

You're not doing yourself any favours with this excessively long path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War (for example, mine is D:\M2TW\).
    Yes I'm sure this is the log just after the CTD. I know it's wierd but I crashed and I took the log, dunno why it hasn't the terminating error. About the long path, that makes the crashes easiers?

Quote Originally Posted by alexsnipers View Post
    Yes I'm sure this is the log just after the CTD. I know it's wierd but I crashed and I took the log, dunno why it hasn't the terminating error. About the long path, that makes the crashes easiers?
    Yes, there's a very old bug, whereby if the path the game is using gets over 127 characters (handling files with long names, buried in many layers of folders tends towards this) it crashes. The shorter your path, the less likely you'll ever reach that.

Philoceraptor's Avatar Foederatus

I just downloaded the mod yesterday, and I'm having a repeating CTD on the loading screen before a large battle about 10 turns in. I know nothing about reading logs, but, based on what I see, I'm guessing it's an installation issue.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:00:12.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 43447, column 3Building DB error - faction f_saba has gap in building prior to stock_two
    21:00:12.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 43447, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to pergamon3
    21:00:12.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 43447, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to pergamon4
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to small_gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to palaistra
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to gymnasiumacademic
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to zurkhaneh
    Building DB error - faction f_lugia has gap in building prior to lugia_allied
    Building DB error - faction f_lugia has gap in building prior to lugia_confed
    Building DB error - faction f_lugia has gap in building prior to lugia_home
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to small_gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to palaistra
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to gymnasiumacademic
    Building DB error - faction f_arevaci has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_arevaci has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_boii has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_boii has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_belgai has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_belgai has gap in building prior to stock_two
    21:00:12.080 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 43447, column 3
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to stock_one
    21:00:12.080 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 43447, column 3
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to stock_two
    21:00:12.084 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_walls.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:00:12.097 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1CB37238,10673

There was also a lot of lines of text in the log after this point, however, no more errors.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Philoceraptor View Post
    I just downloaded the mod yesterday, and I'm having a repeating CTD on the loading screen before a large battle about 10 turns in. I know nothing about reading logs, but, based on what I see, I'm guessing it's an installation issue.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:00:12.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 43447, column 3Building DB error - faction f_saba has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to pergamon3
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to pergamon4
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to small_gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to palaistra
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to gymnasiumacademic
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to zurkhaneh
    Building DB error - faction f_lugia has gap in building prior to lugia_allied
    Building DB error - faction f_lugia has gap in building prior to lugia_confed
    Building DB error - faction f_lugia has gap in building prior to lugia_home
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to small_gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to palaistra
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to gymnasiumacademic
    Building DB error - faction f_arevaci has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_arevaci has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_boii has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_boii has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_belgai has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_belgai has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to stock_two
    21:00:12.084 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_walls.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:00:12.097 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1CB37238,10673

There was also a lot of lines of text in the log after this point, however, no more errors.

Thank you!
    There's no terminating error in that log - is that from immediately after a crash?

Constant CTDs when starting or finishing a battle on a battle map (sometimes it allows me to start, but it surely crashes when i finish it and go back to strategy map). After dozens of tries i only had one battle that I could actually finish, which makes this thing basically unplayable. Which is a real shame since otherwise the mod is exceptionally well done. Wish I could actually enjoy it. Tried all the known solutions already, such as borderless mode, directx and microsoft packages. The only thing I haven't tried is shorter path, but I'm gonna lose my mind if I have to reinstall the game one more time. Here is the log, maybe it'll help identify the problem.

eb.system.log.rar

CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

Hi, not sure if I should start a new topic or post here. I constantly get CTD before starting battle, during loading (once just after starting battle), it is when defenders attacks me at the end of the siege. What is weird, if I attack this or another village and attack them instantly (they have no walls), then I get an error after about 20 minutes of battle.

Logs, both error and trace included. I get bunch of errors but as far I've investigated there are "normal" errors, which shouldn't prevent normal gaming, such as "Error in battle script command 'unit_set_experience': invalid unit label 'Eu39'." or Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'MAu1'. The last error is:
    [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.

Kingdoms 1.05
    EBII 2.35
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated), driver version 16.08.2018
    8 GB RAM memory
    Retail version installed in: C:\SAGA\

What I did:
    - Followed instruction (including starting vanilla camapaign and finishing the turn, installing DirectX and C++ libraries, installing outside Program Files)
    - Shaders set to version 1, all graphic settings to low, V-Sync turned off.
    - Large Address Aware in kingdom.exe set to True. Tried with LargeAddressAware.exe and 4gb_patch both. 4gb_patch does the same. LargeAddressAware.exe shows me that this flag is set to True.
    - kingdom.exe set to run as admin and as Windows 7
    - deleted the map.rwm file (in: "mods\ebii\data\world\maps\base") (as suggested in some topic in TotalWar's official forum). Of course I also tried staring battle many times before deleting/renaming this file.
    - starting new campaign with same faction
    - starting battle from another position/angle on map
    - exited all programs when launching Total War.
    - Windowed, borderless, custom resolution 1600x900
    - no problem when auto-resolve

Please help. I loved EBI, but it was extremely unstable, I hoped that EBII will be better in that matter. If needed I can upload trace log too (though it is over 80 MB).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi everyone, I got a CTD when playing as Hayastan. I was besieging Ani-Kamakh and I received this error:

09:17:52.919 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:17:52.921 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    09:17:53.056 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.

If you need me to attach the error log I will do so. Thanks!
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces