Thread: Massive public order drop for no reason?

Default Massive public order drop for no reason?

Hey everyone, i'm new to Stainless Steel and i've just been playing the Byzantine early era campaign. The campaign was going great, I had Venice and Hungary in the palm of my hand (with regular bribes of around 500 florins and map info) and the crusader states were my ally against the Muslim factions (which was handy since there was a jihad called on Constantinople). Everything was going good, I was planning on weathering the Jihad and then pushing deep into Anatolia...until suddenly there was a MASSIVE drop in public order across almost my entire empire. Where settlements were once green face or yellow now turned red and the HRE declared war on me with a full stack crusader army on my land. My question is, why? Does it have something to do with the face that I was basically executing all of the Muslim prisoners I had taken causing my faction leader to lose all his chivalry? BTW I was playing with BGR IV.

Default Re: Massive public order drop for no reason?

Presumably, one of your generals neglected orders from your faction leader. Check your leader's traits. Maybe you will find something along the lines of "leader defied". If that is the case, you have to identify the culprit(s). Check your generals' traits for someting like "defied orders". Hovering your cursor over the trait will tell you how to solve the problem. Also, you should read the BGR IV manual.

Yeah you're right, one of my council members attacked a Seljuk army in Seljuk territory when only the emperor and heir could carry out operations on foreign soil. But it only said that he would be fined and a warning, I didn't know it would cause a empire wide revolt. I did read the BGR IV manual, but you can only get so much from just reading.

Thanks for the quick reply

I wish I didn't save over that campaign , at least now I know I can commit atrocities without fear of rebellion

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

All disobedience by nobles might cause revolts, but only for a turn or so. The deeper revolts are caused by banishment and summons not being heeded or until they are.
    Last edited by Byg; August 25, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    All disobedience by nobles might cause revolts, but only for a turn or so. The deeper revolts are caused by banishment and summons not being heeded or until they are.
    Thanks byg, good to know. Love your mod.

Hey Byg, now that EB2 is out ever thought of making a bgr for it?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by thumbnailviewer View Post
    Hey Byg, now that EB2 is out ever thought of making a bgr for it?
    Funnily enough I was thinking about that an hour ago, but probably can't be arsed.

Since Byg has posted here, how many turns does a general that has been summoned must stay at the capital? does the FL must also remain in it?
    I put my dishonorable general there for like 5 turns with the emperor, then I moved him out but still was causing revolts and stuff. I got tired of him and made a suicide attack to solve the problems

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by intestino View Post
    Since Byg has posted here, how many turns does a general that has been summoned must stay at the capital? does the FL must also remain in it?
    I put my dishonorable general there for like 5 turns with the emperor, then I moved him out but still was causing revolts and stuff. I got tired of him and made a suicide attack to solve the problems
    You'd be wise to put a general with higher stats than the affected noble in charge of the settlement so that the criminal does not become governor. Also I believe I set it so that a criminal can reside in the vicinity of the settlement rather than in it, I.e. within a square.

He has to stay there forever or until a new Faction Leader takes over or until you/he decides to escape. The latter triggers another revolt amongst disloyal nobles, which again gives you the option of giving in and issuing a pardon, with potential attendant consequences.

A pardoned noble has his stats restored. Pardoning is only worth it when you really need that general, but it is a gamble.
    Last edited by Byg; August 27, 2014 at 04:13 PM.