Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These are NOT bugs (please don't report them)

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: These are NOT bugs (please don't report them)

I will edit Gibraltar to have it crossable. How the hell am I supposed to have an expeditionary force in Britain, eh?

^ that would be nice, assuming the barrier isnt there to stop something gamebreaking from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirila the Kitten View Post
    I will edit Gibraltar to have it crossable. How the hell am I supposed to have an expeditionary force in Britain, eh?
    Well, building some boats in Northern Gaul? Why do you want to invade Britannia without controlling the Gaulish coastline?

3) Elephant vs. Elephant is inconclusive
    I guess this is intentionnal?

Is it not possible to add a huge morale debuff for "fighting against elephants" so one side can rout the other?

I have to say, my concern was that folks would be all over the family thing - the interest in elephants is a surprise. Let's put this in perspective:

1) A fringe unit
    2) A geographically limited fringe unit
    3) An expensive, geographically limited, fringe unit
    4) An expensive, geographically limited, fringe unit that only has inconclusive combat when fighting exclusively against others of its kind.

Don't worry about this, people.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I have to say, my concern was that folks would be all over the family thing - the interest in elephants is a surprise. Let's put this in perspective:

1) A fringe unit
    2) A geographically limited fringe unit
    3) An expensive, geographically limited, fringe unit
    4) An expensive, geographically limited, fringe unit that only has inconclusive combat when fighting exclusively against others of its kind.

Don't worry about this, people.
    What??, how by the hell could i make my full stack army of elephants?

I don't know if this was reported yet or not, but I was messing around in Custom Battle with the Saka, with the Ysaninu Aysna unit, when I realized that there was an invisible man riding a horse (this was my only unit so I assume it must be the general/captain).

Here's some screenshots.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm guessing either something went wrong with my install or these are placeholder textures?
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

It's a silver surfer. It appears the textures for this model for this specific faction were forgotten to be assigned in the modeldb. This is a bug. Will be fixed when the first hotfixes are released.

I am having difficulty installing the sounds/music for the mod. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this even the right place to talk about this? I am unsure how to use this site.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

I can't to hear voices in the campaing map.

I'm having a problem in which the tooltips such as recruitment costs etc. doesn't show. Instead the space is taken up by "code"-senteces.

I can't to hear voices in the campaing map.
    They said they will add those in a later patch.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I would add the faction select ctd to this list.

Amazing job so far guys. I've only been able to play the historical battle and some of the Nabatea campaign, but what I've seen has been quite impressive.

nevermind
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Brune; August 26, 2014 at 12:46 PM.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

ive got a recurring ctd as the romani when the rebels in massalia sally forth to fight me.

here is the log code:
    21:38:36.161 [game.script] [always] slave: Faction turn pre-start
    21:38:36.332 [game.script] [always] slave: Faction turn start
    21:39:10.931 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    21:39:10.935 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    21:39:12.525 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    21:39:12.526 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    21:39:12.751 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    21:39:17.770 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_oil_effect.txt is missing
    21:39:17.770 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    21:39:17.778 [system.io] [warning] open: data/globallighting/Midday/textures/mid_cloudy.texture is missing
    21:39:17.806 [system.io] [warning] open: data/banners/no_banner.mesh is missing
    21:39:18.435 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing
    21:39:18.450 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    21:39:18.496 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt is missing
    21:39:18.501 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    21:39:18.535 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt is missing

good job on this amazing mod by the way!

This thread is not for reporting crashes. Actually, it's not for reporting anything at all, except things that are NOT bugs.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

ill keep that in mind, though i got the problem fixed in case you were wondering

You should add the campaign faction selection bug to this list. The one when it crashes when you click to many factions. While I guess it is technically a bug but it is a M2TW bug and not an EBII one.

Could you please add the last update-date in the title of this thread?! It would make things more convenient.

Also I'm not sure, if players are supposed to post here or only view the OP?!?

And:

To be upfront, the titles of the stickied threads in this subforum in general are very confusing and quite unmeaning...

Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here) -> String? / 'post here' = posting allowed?!!
    Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! -> Isn't the launcher part of the installation?
    These are NOT bugs (please don't report them) -> Is this thread open for reports? Or is posting not allowed, as there is no '(post here)'-attachment? Is this the main, official thread to post bugs?

What about renaming the threads and/or making new ones? Only some, imo, player-friendlier suggestions:

Installation issues / Installation issues for all platforms / Installation and Launcher issues ...or something along that line
    CTDs and game-breaking issues ...or something along that line
    Bug report
    Known bugs / Known bugs (don't report them) ...as closed thread

Regards, CT!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    You should add the campaign faction selection bug to this list. The one when it crashes when you click to many factions. While I guess it is technically a bug but it is a M2TW bug and not an EBII one.
    Done. Also the CTD from going Custom Battles-Campaign Map. And the non-functioning Tutorials.
    EBII Council

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast