Thread: Experience bonus lost if game saved, flash flood fix, and two-handed bug

Default Experience bonus lost if game saved, flash flood fix, and two-handed bug

I have 2 persistent bugs for which I believe there are fixes, and one question. I have searched (under experience bonus and variants for the first, and flash flood fix and variants for the second) without success. Please forgive my inefficiency with this.

I am using the boxed UK Gold Edition of Kingdoms. M2TW is v1.3, and Kingdoms is patched to v1.5. This runs on Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit; 8 Gb RAM, and Intel Core 3.3 Ghz CPU.

1. Unit experience bonuses from training do not get applied if I save before turn end. For example, Armoured Spearmen getting +1 from high level Barracks, or Knights getting an experience upgrade for a Master Swordsmiths guild do not get their bonuses if I have saved, and I have to retrain (at extra expense). I did see a fix for this some years ago, but really cannot locate it.

2. Flash floods permanently prevent the building of forts or watchtowers in that region, and reduce movement by a third. These effects continue after a flash flood has occurred in another region, and I may end a game with 3 or 4 regions affected like this. Again, I saw a fix some time back, but cannot locate it.

3. Question - was the two-handed unit error ever fixed, and if so, how effectively was it fixed? Was the fix in a patch, or are there further manual adjustments that could be made?

Thanks for any help with this.
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Experience bonus lost if game saved, flash flood fix, and two-handed bug

Flash floods can be fixed by commenting it out in the descr_disasters.txt. Before doing this I had a flood in the same region twice in the same campaign. The second cancelled the actions of the first and back to full speed.

Default Re: Experience bonus lost if game saved, flash flood fix, and two-handed bug

Thanks for the flash flood fix irishron. You are helpful and quick as always. Much appreciated.

Does anyone have any ideas about my points #2 and #3

Is there a fix for the game failing to add the experience bonus to newly or retrained units if you save before queuing them?

Was the two-handed bug ever fixed, or can it be fixed, or can you point me to any thread that discusses this? I have read that the Turkish Janissary Heavy Infantry were not affected by the bug, but can anyone confirm, or were there others?
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I don't know about the other two.