Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why not release a Non-Steam installer?

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Why not release a Non-Steam installer?

People, please, take a deep breath and remember:

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Squiggle's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    It's been eight years. Another day or two or ten doesn't matter.
    Another way to look at it: Its been eight ing years, why are they torturing us with extra days unnecessarily?
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    No more issues were found until now.
    Who said you will be waiting 8 more days?
    People are going to speculate when you don't tell them one way or the other

We've managed to avoid that trap for, what, 8 years now? I think we can manage a few days more.
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    We've managed to avoid that trap for, what, 8 years now? I think we can manage a few days more.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not criticizing, I'm simply saying that none of this behavior should be surprising to anyone. People act in very predictable ways when their expectations are not managed carefully. The moment you guys said August you ripped the lid of of it

Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm not criticizing, I'm simply saying that none of this behavior should be surprising to anyone. People act in very predictable ways when their expectations are not managed carefully. The moment you guys said August you ripped the lid of of it
    And is it not still "August"? Which is the only FORMAL release date announced by the Team as a whole. If it's not released until September, any and all can criticize to their hearts content.
    EBII Council

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggle View Post
    Another way to look at it: Its been eight ing years, why are they torturing us with extra days unnecessarily?
    If you think a properly working mod and installer are unnecessary for the release and installation of a mod, then I can only hope most others don't share that opinion, especially the developers and releasers of the mod. Luckily, I get the feeling you're alone in this.

Hmmm...maybe if we bother Kull enough with constantly complaining about the delay he may just go "Ah screw it" and release it as it is? Maybe?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn View Post
    People are going to speculate when you don't tell them one way or the other
    I noticed and the more explanations you give it's still for nothing, they'll find something to rant about...

Quote Originally Posted by raven63 View Post
    Hmmm...maybe if we bother Kull enough with constantly complaining about the delay he may just go "Ah screw it" and release it as it is? Maybe?
    So we can penalize those who are patient and allow the complainers to rant about an installer that doesn't work? No thanks. We're doing the right thing because we know that 95% of you deserve a good product.
    EBII Council

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    I noticed and the more explanations you give it's still for nothing, they'll find something to rant about...
    That's always the way of it, isn't it? Explain to them what they've been complaining about and they'll find a new issue. Or completely ignore you and keep on complaining.

Devs take your time do it right no BS halfassed fixes. Take 3 months, what a for this to be released and could not install because of steam or CAs little patch of recent days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12