Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Salamis?

Default No Salamis?

I was looking at the eb2 map and noticed you removed the settlement at Salamis from the map (compared to eb1). Any reason for this? Was a great settlement when playing as KH.

Apart from that it all looks amazing and I can't wait to get playing. Massive thanks to all of the EB team past and present who put in the work to make this possible.

Default Re: No Salamis?

Salamis is still there in EB2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oh you're completely right. My mistake what about euboia and lesbos o.o

They're present in game too, either as region or small settlement (PSF).

Made me a very happy man And thanks again for all the effort put in and the speedy replies.

Campidoctor

From the title, I thought this was another thread about naked fanatics and loincloths.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Good lord! Is that the Nile or the Suez Canal?

Can armies cross that thing without using transports?

Thats the Suez, and i guess for gameplay reasons you can cross it without ships.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Thats the Suez, and i guess for gameplay reasons you can cross it without ships.
    The 150 years old?

Wait, why is there a Suez Canal in first place?

You're right Wulfburk.

Well actually there probably aint no suez canal, its the nile delta with a river where eventually the suez would be built, at least from the pics thats what looks like... IIRC in EB1 you coudnt take ships from the red sea to mediterranean so same must apply here.

edit: well there you go.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

It's historically accurate - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canal_of_the_Pharaohs I would like to apologise for offtop, but I've got one question. What are those permanent stone forts for? Just to improve the defences of provinces or they are generating some income?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canal_of_the_Pharaohs

Even though the article says it's disputed if it was even completed. May i ask based on which sources you decided to include it EB team?

The PSF in battles are just like a open land battle. The eb devs are using them to create chokepoints and etc. I dont think they generate any kind of income though, BUT if you put some troops in them you can have a unit without any upkeep.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    The big one that can only be crossed with ships shown on that pic is part of the Nile delta. That old Suez canal is the wimpy crossable river below that shown on Pedro's image.

About the PSF's...

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Pretty sure we never got around to inserting the names - that will have to wait. As for the PSFs themselves, all are open fields. The thinking was that RTW and M2TW after it were half jokingly referred to as "Siege Total War". This is one way for EB2 to help change that dynamic. Think of it this way. Most ancient battles took place near towns, and that's what these PSFs represent - the battlefields just beyond the sight of the town.
    Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Yes, we're trying to avoid having a "Siege Total War" gameplay.
    The only purpose is to encourage AI to form stacks in strategic position and make use of the free slot units.
    And they also have a nice visual impact on the campaign map.

Phew, I was scared for a moment. Unfaithfull me, I doubt for a while in EBteam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbangbong View Post
    Oh you're completely right. My mistake what about euboia and lesbos o.o
    Mytilene is no longer a province capital, it's a minor settlement represented by a permanent stone fort. Looks like Chalkide has gone the same way.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

What about Malta? I know Malta isn't big enough to have a settlement but what about a PSF?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast