Thread: "Ita_Campanian_Cavalry" unit not recruitable?

Default "Ita_Campanian_Cavalry" unit not recruitable?

Hello

I noticed that it is impossible to recruit the vanilla unit named "Ita_Campanian_Cavalry", despite being present in "building_units_allowed" file.

Any idea on how to solve this issue, just to make the unit recruitable in the main campaign?

Thank you.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Default Re: "Ita_Campanian_Cavalry" unit not recruitable?

looks like no one has them in the units_to_groupings_military_permissions table so add them there to who ever you want and it might work(sorry did,t look to much into it as im making a unit atm)

Thanks Regoso for your quick reply.
    I have made an attempt to add "roman" ownership in the units_to_groupings_military_permissions table but the problem is still there, the unit remains not recruitable. I'm wondering if some further missing entries in other tables may affect the avialability of the unit...

probly just make a new mod with all the tables you need to make a unit and then go thru them and add any missing info

Thanks ...I'll try in that way.
    It's a very strange affair, since all the db files stuff related to that unit seems to stay in their place.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

is the unit also included in unique unit/faction table ? Forgot the actual name but there's one table where it listed certain units can only be recruited by certain faction. I remember it listed Etrucan Hoplites can only be recruited by Etruscan even if you change the groupings military.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I've modded them into my game. Just go find the tutorial on adding new units and go through the 6-7 tables it lists as being required for a new unit and make sure campanian cav is there. They're a sword armed version of italian noble cav, basically. Just FYI.

edit: It might just be the unique faction table as OVO mentioned. I noticed that some of the new DLC units are in there.

units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions is the table name and yes they are in there