Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Unofficial Mod Overview] For the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Oct 01)

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] for the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release [WIP]

If I could rep you multiple times for this, Casual Tactician, I would - thanks very much for taking the time to put all this together!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Foederatus

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] for the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release [WIP]

Cant wait to mix hobbits to my mash potatoes lunch good work all the modders

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] for the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Aug, 21)

Very good idea Casual Tactician. You have already done amazing job on “The Comprehensive Guide & Mod Overview for Europa Barbarorum 1.2!”, and this mod certainly deserves something similar. Good luck!

By the way, starting date seems to be FO 356, reappearing on most screenshots here.

Also, under videos you could add this TWC Podcast featuring interview with Aradan, and few unpublished screenshots of campaign map (Tharbad, Lorien, Dale/Erebor).

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] for the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Aug, 26)

I wasn't sure about the start date, but I reckon your right to assume it's FO 356. And thanks for the TWC podcast, I had forgot about that!

Update:
    - added start date (thanks to Jagmodo)
    - added TotalWarCast interview with Aradan in the 'Videos' section (thanks to Jagmodo)
    - added a list of contents and hyperlinks
    - some polishing

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] For the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Sep 14)

UPDATED - Sep 14, 2014:

- added links to previews of Harad and Elves
    - added links to newest WIP images
    - improved presentation (hopefully?!?)

HELP NEEDED for the following:

- correct alignment of ALL factions needed (eg. Men of the ...)
    - in game names of some factions needed (eg. 'Chiefdom of Rhun' for Rhun):
    Dorwinion
    Dunland
    Dwarves
    Elves
    Far Harad
    Rhovanion
    Rohan
    - links to sites, that offer accurate information on Middle-earth; I've got a few sites bookmarked myself, but I'm not sure if they offer accurate information; I've only read the Hobbit, the LotR, the Silmarillion, the Children of Hurin and some of the Unfinished Tales - and all of that is many years ago
    - any missing information whatsoever
    - also feedback and criticism is welcome!
    EDIT:
    - information on: end date, turns per year and numbers of provinces
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; September 14, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] For the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Sep 14)

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    - in game names of some factions needed (eg. 'Chiefdom of Rhun' for Rhun):
    Dorwinion
    Dunland
    Dwarves
    Elves
    Far Harad
    Rhovanion
    Rohan
    Kingdom of Dorwinion
    Chiefdom of Dunland
    Dwarven Realm (someone else in the team has to confirm this)
    Elven Realm
    Principality of Far Harad
    Kingdom of Rhovanion
    Kingdom of Rohan
    - links to sites, that offer accurate information on Middle-earth; I've got a few sites bookmarked myself, but I'm not sure if they offer accurate information; I've only read the Hobbit, the LotR, the Silmarillion, the Children of Hurin and some of the Unfinished Tales - and all of that is many years ago
    Encyclopedia of Arda is, hands down, the best site related to Tolkien's work on the net:
    http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/
    Tolkien Gateway is decent, though it has some errors here and there:
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Main_Page

- any missing information whatsoever
    More like an error: you wrote "Beoring unit cards" instead of "Beorning unit cards", on the screenshots section.

Nice. Thanks a lot! I'll implement that right now. +rep

And see fit to point out any other typos, grammatical mistakes etc.

EDIT:

What about the alignments? Anyone?
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; September 14, 2014 at 05:52 PM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] For the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Sep 15)

Elven Realm and Dwarven Kingdom are the names in game ATM.

The alignments are Ways of Darkness, Ways of the Shadow Cult, Ways of the West and Foreign Influence (No factions have this one, it just represents a generic foreign culture.)

Thanks Aradan
    Last edited by webba84; September 15, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

Default Re: [Unofficial Mod Overview] For the upcoming 'Dominion of Men' release (upd: Sep 15)

Foreign influence is used for something else, it's not a real alignment, ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Elven Realm and Dwarven Kingdom are the names in game ATM.

The alignments are Ways of Darkness, Ways of the Shadow Cult, Ways of the West and Foreign Influence (No factions have this one, it just represents a generic foreign culture.)

Thanks Aradan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Foreign influence is used for something else, it's not a real alignment, ignore it.
    Are there at all any alignments or the likes, I could add to the faction section?

Yes, but a couple of changes are being considered atm, so we'll have to get back to you about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Yes, but a couple of changes are being considered atm, so we'll have to get back to you about this.
    No trouble - take all the time you want/ need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12