Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread (Do not install any other submods besides EB teams new campaign AI!)

Has anyone managed to get over the incompatibility within retail medieval?

On steam there is no such issue but it kinda laggs tough.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread (Do not install any other submods besides EB teams new campaign AI!)

Anyone want to play through hamachi?

Edit: Did CA enabled gamespy? I heard they cut it offline a long time ago.
    Last edited by Garensterz; September 02, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

How do you guys play MP through Steam? When I tried the "MP" button it was asking for a gamespy password.

Im up for hamachi. Am using Moros v2 faster battle mod and V2 CAI. Not using the javelin mod and the trait mod for now.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Im up for hamachi. Am using Moros v2 faster battle mod and V2 CAI. Not using the javelin mod and the trait mod for now.

Although we have the same addons that you listed on the thread. But I also have other addons installed in my EBII directory, that is the "improve skirmishing" and a "sound mod". You think it's going to be compatible?

And oh. are you using any mod managers?

Edit: P.S. For the guys who are playing multiplayer battles. Dont forget to record and upload it on youtube! I would sure love to see your epic battles someday!
    Last edited by Garensterz; September 02, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

No mod manager, retail gold M2TW. The sound mod -probably- doesnt mess with the compatibility, but the improved skirmishing surely must. I will install it now though. Best time for me is is at the weekend.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    No mod manager, retail gold M2TW. The sound mod -probably- doesnt mess with the compatibility, but the improved skirmishing surely must. I will install it now though. Best time for me is is at the weekend.
    Sure thing man.

You guys think we should make a hamachi group for players who uses retail version also? If theres one already, pls let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Sure thing man.

You guys think we should make a hamachi group for players who uses retail version also? If theres one already, pls let me know.
    Dont leave me out fellas I wanna play some mp.

When will we see some hotseat campaigns?

Guys we really need to establish a standard, a common list of submods we are/should use . Otherwise we are not going anywhere. Any submod whatever it affects the campaign or the battles it will affect compatibility and syncronization in the battles.

I will list some very popular that I will try myself and I suggest others do the same and not installing any other submods

Not sure about Improved Javelin Skirmishing mod if this is what Wulfburk reffered too. Im waiting your guys opinion on it. Is it chnages (some of) the stats that the Faster Battles submod already operates?

Ill update the OP with them and keep an eye on the updates as you all should do.
    Last edited by Kranos; September 03, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread (Do not install any other submods besides those listed in OP!)

Well, if the skirmishing mod changes the same stats as Moros, i'd say its best to just go with Moros' stats.

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread (Do not install any other submods besides those listed in OP!)

yup BTW Ive tried that sound mod. Its decent but some sounds are missing. So until he weill fix those I remove this from required submods.

Im not using it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Anyone want to play through hamachi?

Edit: Did CA enabled gamespy? I heard they cut it offline a long time ago.
    Its history now but instead steam added support for MP. You have to redeem your Medieval II copy on steam with your CD key. You can keep them both and therefore to be able to play with both retail and steam users ( they are no longer compatible).

You might wnat to join our hamachi network. Follow the link in OP. Also be sure you have those submods and only those for EB II.

Quote Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
    How do you guys play MP through Steam? When I tried the "MP" button it was asking for a gamespy password.
    I suppose you have steam version of Medieval and not tryng to go on steam with the retail. Try to enter the Online battle lobby of the Medieval II and see if the error persists. Tell me exactly the message and when it occurs: when selecting Multiplayer menu option or when you try loggin into Online lobby?

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread

For the faster battle submod do we all have the 1st or 2nd version?

Im using the 2nd since its the one the devs need the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    I suppose you have steam version of Medieval and not tryng to go on steam with the retail. Try to enter the Online battle lobby of the Medieval II and see if the error persists. Tell me exactly the message and when it occurs: when selecting Multiplayer menu option or when you try loggin into Online lobby?
    Thanks!

What threw me is that clicking on "Multiplayer" from the main menu asked for a Gamespy password (like M2TW did before the recent Steam MP patch of summer 2014). However, clicking on "Online Battles" will take you to the new Steam lobby anyway, and I'm guessing the GS password is not used.

Now the more difficult part, I think, will be finding people to play...

Hmm give em your steam name to add you !

My steam name display name is rawr and user name is echo2716, but I've been told by others that they can't find me.

We definitely need more balanced maps for multiplayer. I can add new ones in EBII/data/custom_locations file but I need to discover them on the campaign map so I have a small request for the SP campaign guys:

Whenever you fight a battle on the campaign map, if the terrain can guarantee fair starting positions for the two players with minimal trees ( flat or equable spread small mounds etc.) open the console ( for desktop Keyboards that would be the "~" key ) point the cursor over your army, type show_cursorstat and hit Enter and give me the position and region id as shown in the screenshot. You can take note of this data either before you actually play the battle (if you are afraid youll not recall the exact point the cursor was) or after if you recall the exact point (in most of the cases where your general campaign model stands but sometimes it might move after the battle)

Additionally if you happen to know, you can give others details such: the near city, the mountains, the river, the coast of a certain sea etc.

Thanks!

Thanks!

post the data in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-balanced-maps

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Kranos; September 05, 2014 at 10:01 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast