Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread

Default EB II Multiplayer | Main thread

Last edited by Kranos; December 02, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Main thread

I'm interested.

Through hamachi? Or the steam multiplayer, if that was really added in the last m2tw steam patch.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I am in

Count me in! Multiplayer in EB setting will be a nice change for me as Im already tired of fighting the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Through hamachi? Or the steam multiplayer, if that was really added in the last m2tw steam patch.
    Thats your choice.

We still have a Hamachi network paid by our patron Brave sir robin but has limited slots and when you go offline youll still take one slot. You have to leave the network everytime provided that you have to type in the ID and password eveytime you come back. You can imagine that people forget or they are too lazy to do this everytime and thus the network gets filled with offline players. Moreover hamachi doesnt work for everyone.

LAN is the only way to play Mp if you still have the retail copy but you can do that only with other retail owners because steam game is no longer compatible with retail one.

Therefore I advise you redeeming your steam copies while also keeping your retail. We are more active on steam now anyway within our group there.
    Last edited by Kranos; August 19, 2014 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    Count me in! Multiplayer in EB setting will be a nice change for me as Im already tired of fighting the AI.
    I was waiting for you within EB 1 as well...

Still EB1 is and will be more proper for multiplayer since its a full fledged game with full rosters.
    Last edited by Kranos; August 20, 2014 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    I was waiting for you within EB 1 as well...

Still EB1 is and will a more proper for multiplayer since its a full fledged game with full rosters.
    Yea, I know. I just for some reason did not get back into EB after a very long break, and ironically started really playing it just a few weeks before release.
    that and Med2's battles are a little more appealing to me cause their not so outdated as RTW's. besides the units will get more complete over time, I hope...

Alright, i have a M2TW steam version but ever since trying to install mods to it 3/4 years ago and failing, i just bought a retail version.

Though in hamachi cant you create LAN rooms for free? and play through lan with anyone as long as they are in, which since is for free you can just create a room every time you schedule (and then delete it after playing) and not having 1 constant server which people will fill it up being offlne.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Alright, i have a M2TW steam version but ever since trying to install mods to it 3/4 years ago and failing, i just bought a retail version.

Though in hamachi cant you create LAN rooms for free? and play through lan with anyone as long as they are in, which since is for free you can just create a room every time you schedule (and then delete it after playing) and not having 1 constant server which people will fill it up being offlne.

yes you can create 5 slots free networks but we need a common place where to meet and arrange battles or where people can drop in and ask/find battles without scheduling. If you are only playing with a buddy or two this is not concerning the comunity we want to create.

Anyway Im sure you can make mods work with your steam medieval so beeter try on both.

Of course; up for EB2 multiplayer since EB1 was great.

I guess we fully gave up with Evolve? I ended up un-installing it.

pretty much.

Does the M2TW Gold from gamersgate can count as retail too? will it be compatible?

Dont thinks so but you have a cd key right to redeem it?

I have steam version and gamersgate one both with cd keys.

EDIT: gamersgate version is pretty much like the retail version regarding files and installation.
    Last edited by Dom Pedro II; August 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM.

The incompatibility occured only with steam update so prior to that all the version were eachother compatible so the gamersgate version is most likely still compatible with disk version but not with steam. But if you have both why you worry so much?
    Last edited by Kranos; August 20, 2014 at 01:08 PM.

I've only got the steam version of M2TW (my discs died a long time ago of a horrible scratch affliction).

That aside: Count me in. I haven't played M2TW multiplayer in forever so I'll be easy prey. But it's going to be fun nonetheless.
    "Thálatta! Thálatta!"
    -Xenophon, Anabasis, 4, 7, 24

Thanks for your interest - EB Multiplayer community has done excellent job in getting the unit balance perfectly right and it was really another dimension to play the game against human opponent. Sadly my connection and time prevented me from participating as much as I would have wished to, but anyway it was lots of fun.

But be warned - several of our members who tried multiplayer battles were experiencing difficulties with the game recognizing their builds as "different" and refusing to connect them.

It would be really awesome if you guys used the remaining time before release to study what might be various roadblocks preventing reliable multiplayer game and help us to fix any eventual issues with that or publish some guide on how to get it right in case it won't work out-of-the-box immediately. Thanks!

its simple: clean install of the game, clean install of the mod. Like in EB1 almost 100% of the cases of incompatibiliy where due to having all sorts of submods/minimods, mod not being patched to 1.2 etc. Ive managed to solve pretty much all of this individual cases together with the respectives.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast