Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Will those new uniforms be on a separate pack or will it it come with the realism core.pack?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

You'll still need to download Steph's original files. I dont want to change them or add them separately as it is not my work and I have no right to do so.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Oh ok. Im expecting that you will probably list which of Stephs files we'll need to download for the new interation of RC?

I'll post the user_script file. You will need faction specific texture and unit models packs as expected

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for keeping this updated. It would be helpful if you would link to the specific texture/unit model packs to which you are referring.

Universal AI Submod in LME Launcher must be offline? Right?

The pace of the battles in this mod are outstanding. However, has anyone noticed that the AI is constantly exhausted since it runs all the time? What's the house rules for getting around the AI's tendency to run everywhere? Always be attacking? Should I turn BAI to VH?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Personally I would have the BAI & CAI set to normal, it gives you a much better game. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do about the AI running around like a total . Out of all the mods I've tried this mod is as good as your going to get.
    Leicestershire

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by deeptrance83 View Post
    The pace of the battles in this mod are outstanding. However, has anyone noticed that the AI is constantly exhausted since it runs all the time? What's the house rules for getting around the AI's tendency to run everywhere? Always be attacking? Should I turn BAI to VH?
    What I did is I copied the battle entities table from the normal LME mod into this one for all unit-types except cavalry. That way the units move quickly enough that they at least get to where they're trying to go, and the running generally looks more realistic that way anyway (as opposed to the moonwalking I noticed in this sub-mod).

Thank you for the kind words. I have found that the AI changes formation very often depending on orientation of your army and terrain, also it recognizes if it is a defensive or offensive battle. Personally I manouver my troops very slowly making them walk in formation (often columns) doing so allows the AI to position their own troops and when we are sufficiently near each other they usually are "Fresh" again. I recommend not to add too many men per unit as this affects formations heavily, the AI must have its space to perform the correct actions.

Ahem... anyway, this is the new version of Realism Core, including:

- New difficulty level at "Very Hard" with massive morale penalty for players and a good morale boost for AI, as well as other parameters. Everybody claims Very Hard to be too easy, with this it might seem even unfair, but given the AI level of attention and the average player's strategic ability, I thought this might be a chance for veterans and newcomers to enjoy a really hard campaign.

- Zone of Control for Generals and Colonels increased so multinational encounters with AI allies are more likely to happen and much more frequently especially between allied borders. Do you want to see Wurttemberg kicking asses with Bavaria and France for a change? Now you can.

- MoE uniforms some at least, the most needed perhaps. This is a separate version entirely but it retains the same features of the main RC mod.

- New PdGuru pack modified by me with an additional item, since it is mandatory to play the latest version anyways, I added the small sword every soldier had attached to their backs, just to get some more realism into it. I know it is a small addition and its nowhere near complete, but for now it'll do. I planned to make one for each country, we'll see how it turns out.

- New mini mod Sir Battleterrain made so you can enjoy 4 x 4 maps with 8 armies in the same area (thanks to the larger control zones for generals and colonels), I have modified all basic maps heavily so there are more randomized tactical features and some maps make more sense / are more challenging.

USER SCRIPT:

mod LME4_Camp1812.pack; -----> Any campaign is fine
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack; -----> This you may modify if you want to use the "MoE version"

mod "MoE_LoadingScreen.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Germans.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Italians.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Scandinavia.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_UI.pack";
    mod MoE_Faction_Poland.pack;
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Iberia.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Poland.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitParts.pack";

mod "Pdguru_Equipment_Mod_2_2.pack";
    mod "sir_battleterrain.pack";

DOWNLOADS:

PdGuru custom pack: HERE

RC Latest Version 20-09-15 HERE

MoE Version HERE

Sir_Battleterrain HERE

Thank you for the quick replies! I will download the new version and up the difficulty to VH and report back with some results! Is this save compatible or should I start a new campaign to see the full results?
    Last edited by deeptrance83; September 21, 2015 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetGorilla View Post
    What I did is I copied the battle entities table from the normal LME mod into this one for all unit-types except cavalry. That way the units move quickly enough that they at least get to where they're trying to go, and the running generally looks more realistic that way anyway (as opposed to the moonwalking I noticed in this sub-mod).
    How does this work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by deeptrance83 View Post
    Thank you for the quick replies! I will download the new version and up the difficulty to VH and report back with some results! Is this save compatible or should I start a new campaign to see the full results?
    You need to start a new campaign for the full changes to take effect I'm afraid. As a general rule it is the wisest thing to do anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    You need to start a new campaign for the full changes to take effect I'm afraid. As a general rule it is the wisest thing to do anyway
    I did just that. Started a 1807 as France. I also tried the above suggestion and changed the Battle entities from original LME pack (the slooooooooow retreat was just too much for me). For starters, within first 3 turns a sizeable Brit force landed in Normandy. Took them on with my garrison in Paris and got whipped because my General died and a panic spread through the ranks. Retreat, retreat. But not full retreat, I withdrew my shaken boys back to my guns and let the brits charge (well, mostly march, thankfully) up to my new line and take a pounding of canister before eventually flanking my lines and pushing the rest of my army off the map. So, in adding a significant challenge in the morale department.
    I didn't mess anything up other than marching speeds and charge radius and such by making the changes in the pack file, right? I ask because the line infantry seems like it couldn't hit water from a boat in the ocean now.

if you change the battle speeds you wont affect the bullet velocity or rate of fire in any way. Perhaps now that they move faster you get a feeling of urgency for the battles to be faster as well.

Meanwhile, since I was in a good mood today:

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

hey just a couple of things I want to let you know about: Russia in custom battle crashes the battle on the loading screen. I am still testing all the factions but it seems to be only russia right now.

EDIT: Prussia as well. Also France has some missing unit cards
    Last edited by Joseon194; September 21, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

Not true for me as I have just tested both and they both work. Make sure you have no other mods applied which may modify the unit variants. Also which version are you using? MoE or normal? What type of units?

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Not true for me as I have just tested both and they both work. Make sure you have no other mods applied which may modify the unit variants. Also which version are you using? MoE or normal? What type of units?
    I am using the MoE version. I do have a few other mods such as the Beales gunpowder marks for cannons and also the pdguru coalition mini mod. But I took those off already and tried again, which failed as well. Also Should I keep the LME4 Pdguru pack installed? I ask this because Im wondering if the MoE version adds those units in anyways. I did copy/paste all of the necessary unit variants and etc to my data folder and followed the user script you posted. I also noticed that alot of the units of the major factions have their own MoE styled unit cards: Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

I'll try other methods and if worse comes to worse, I'll do a clean install.

Hi Sirlion, what Equipment mod you use that your soldiers have a nosebag and bottle with strap and all this nice Details of Equipmen like in your pics?!