Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

I have to agree with Ragimund, this is the best mod for a mod I've tried. The battles in MOE are to fast for my liking so Sirlion you have to get Steph to implement all your changes to Masters of Europe, I've all ready copied the formations bin to MOE, it works a treat. Or you could make a sub-mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    I'm glad you like it. I've been trying to convince Steph to implement my changes in Masters of Europe but to no avail until now hahah. Yes I have changed the morale system and the experience points gained. They are now a curve, the more experienced, the less effective morale-wise. I love some realistic mass routs in my games.
    and its not like it cripple the ai....in fact it help the ai,because if you get stalled in a situation where there is a lot of lead flying and you didint send reserve you can be surprised by a rout yourself...and if it was the flank you didint expect action and the general is not close...watch out for your buddies thinking''ah well i think we should follow them'' lol and they flee too ...even if they dont run out of the map all your attack is out of syncro and you get yourself in a frontal bashing you didint expected...should i move in and press the attack or i stand here...will they break or my troops...its terribly more exciting than the good ol exterminate to the last man ai have no chance at all approach lol =) ....i never thougth i will say that but steph is wrong! haha

Well maybe we can make it work with MoE. I'm the responsible for the Multiplayer aspect of MoE anyway so you be sure I will change the battle system for multi battles if SP gets only a sub mod.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Well maybe we can make it work with MoE. I'm the responsible for the Multiplayer aspect of MoE anyway so you be sure I will change the battle system for multi battles if SP gets only a sub mod.
    Go for it!

do you think it would be possible to get firing arc back....i just....i just cant make it any further without it....my plan was to fix it myself and pass it to the other fellow here that want it back too....but i cant find what file it is to fix it.....so i have to humiliate myself and ask you .....can you make a tiny pack that gave us the arcs back we are suffering from missing arcs syndrom we make sad puppies face while playing

thats how we sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZeSYsU0Uk
    thats how we look ...all i want is the firing arc,there where is my sad little paw.
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; April 21, 2015 at 12:03 PM.

at644's Avatar Laetus

Yeah it's a good idea to reset the arc firing !
    But i have another request can you add Nassau and belgian troops ( such as grenadiers, light infantry, jager and line infantry) to the the british faction for the 1815 campaign and custom battle please. It will be interesting to have british allied troop to to make a reconstruction of the battle of waterloo

good idea
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; April 21, 2015 at 12:31 PM.

at644's Avatar Laetus

Thanks for your support Ragimund Von Wallat
    I found a marvelous website wich present all the uniforms and flags for all battaillons, regiments, landwer and divisions of all the troops who fought at waterloo (a french
    website) : http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/unitesFR.php. It's the first link

for example this is the uniforms of the 2nd light regiment of Nassau-Usingen : http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com...p?uniformes=45
    I often use this website to paint my little toy soldiers in scal 1/72

A reskin for french voltigeurs and grenadiers for the 1813-1815 period like this : http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com...rapeau=8RI.png could be quite interesting.....

ah! ah! im not alone having a more or less sane obcesion about pre 20th century uniforms...once you start looking into it you cant stop.like i said to my wife showing her a painting of murat riding on a tiger skin:how could anyone ever fougth without this! this is needed! haha

I might consider doing that. Of course the morale for belgian troops during Waterloo should then be reworked as they were not so happy... but I'll consider it. As for firing arcs, all you have to do is open the LME4.pack, and then go to:

LME4.pack /rigidmodels/ 3dindicators / texture / fire_arc_diffuse.dds

and then delete it and save. Simple was it?

at644's Avatar Laetus

Wouhouh !!!
    Thanks to you Sirlion it's great !!!
    Good to talk with some passionate of napoleonics wars !

at644's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    ah! ah! im not alone having a more or less sane obcesion about pre 20th century uniforms...once you start looking into it you cant stop.like i said to my wife showing her a painting of murat riding on a tiger skin:how could anyone ever fougth without this! this is needed! haha
    Yep Your not alone I takes into account most of the details to well to paint my figures !

I might consider doing that. Of course the morale for belgian troops during Waterloo should then be reworked as they were not so happy... but I'll consider it. As for firing arcs, all you have to do is open the LME4.pack, and then go to:

LME4.pack /rigidmodels/ 3dindicators / texture / fire_arc_diffuse.dds

and then delete it and save. Simple was it?
    thank you sir,you truly are a god amongs men!

how we look now:

would it be possible to get tigther formation for non skirmisher infantry...it make the ai less clumsy in manouvering big regiments...also what scale its balanced for? i guess its huge because of artillery size? i just wanted to make sure.thanks and great job up to now.also as spain in the 1792 campaign i can always get almost all the trading pod and within 2 years i almost have 1 millions in the banks...literally i cant recruit enough men to waste my money! and my city wealth in madrid is close to 11000 by 1796 while the french republic is always bankrupt and i run them over with there moral in the negativ(due to bankrupcy)

so if too thats possible would it be possible to make the ai devlop more...because in the game only the player wealth increase and not the one of the ai
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; April 25, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

Making the formations even tighter is not practical. The low movement rates already do what must be done in order for the AI to take advantage of the situation. As for the CAI I only modified that of 1807 and 1812. I'll see what can be done for the other periods.

And yes the sizes are based on huge and possibly no less than 400 men. I like big armies you see

i like them too =D but my poor computer have difficulty handling them...thats why i wonder if any dumbed down graphics is doable.for the formations i was refering to the distance of soldier into a single unit...not in between different unuit...if it was what you refered to then ignore that sentence.

note:for people with poor computer like me,playing with sound option can give you a nice increase in performance =)
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; April 27, 2015 at 04:05 PM.

ive found a little ''error" when played at huge certain artillery units dont have enough men to crew them...in my case russia but i guess some others too.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    ive found a little ''error" when played at huge certain artillery units dont have enough men to crew them...in my case russia but i guess some others too.
    I always change the amount of guns to 3 for howitzers & horse artillery & 5 for all foot artillery. Each artillery type has 6 men per gun. If you have more than 3 guns & 6 men for horse artillery they wont work properly.

You are right. I've tried many options to fix this issue, but to no avail at the moment. I'll decrease the number of artillery pieces as it seems the only solution. About the distance of the soldiers inside a single unit, I dont think it will affect their clumsiness.

ok thank you both for the hints....i have a pretty enjoyable campaign as russia for the moment =)