Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

To be honest I didnt test with the UAI on. I always had it off, but if the experience is good enough for you then no complaints here. Allright, I'll simply upload a second mod pack with the uniform tables from MoE then. And yes, I'm fully aware of the shako problem, that is exactly because I have changed many unit variants intended to play 1812 onwards. Never played with 1792 campaign as I know its full of CTDs.

Well as far as craters are concerned I dont think I can do much because the crater decal is hardcoded. As for casualties I'll see what I can do. Will post next patch results fairly soon with new historically accurate uniforms and tweaks.
    It’s good to see people focusing on the realism aspect of amod.

Sirlon, you can vary the size of the crater (& the amount of damage the explosion causes)
    Just look at the projectile explosions table, there is a setting in there for blast radius.

This is a fine mod & we at 'The Lordz' have shared information & resources with the modders here.
    Our mod, NTW3, is also hosted at TWC. We have always put maximum effort into realistic 'battle mechanics'. The mod was originally developed specifically for realistic Multi-player battles.

I encourage people here to try NTW3 for its focus on Multi-player games. We still have, after 4 years, a strong community of MP gamers.
    Our latest version (V5) has just been released, it includes a Developing Campaign setting as well as our unparalleled MP enhancements. There is well over 2Gb of new maps, uniforms & factions contained within.
    Last edited by Avon_Ulysses; December 15, 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Thank you sir Avon but I'd rather have some users play my mod in SP as I too put effort in what I do. And personally I still find too many casualties from your muskets. No need to spam how great your community is I think more than enough players know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    To be honest I didnt test with the UAI on. I always had it off, but if the experience is good enough for you then no complaints here. Allright, I'll simply upload a second mod pack with the uniform tables from MoE then. And yes, I'm fully aware of the shako problem, that is exactly because I have changed many unit variants intended to play 1812 onwards. Never played with 1792 campaign as I know its full of CTDs.
    the 1792 is totally ctd free for a longwhile now it was some error with the royalist that caused the ctd,you can play it no problem,i personally dont have any ctd since it has been fixed (in 4.0 i think)

New update! In this release:

Fine tuning of the following units, done comparing each country's stats and historical accounts which I found:

- Russian Elites (Marines, Finland regiments, Lithuania regiments, others), balancing based on French forces
    - Freiwillig Hessen Mounted Jager, reduced Melee Attack
    - Huge rebalance of national cavalry (Chevauxlegers) with more faithful values for each country. Boosted up
    german allies like Bavaria, Hessen and Wurttemberg, reduced potential for Savoy, Oldenburg, Mecklenburg, Westphalia
    - Croatian light infantry, Morale increased
    - Frederiksvaern Skirmishers, Less marksmanship Bonus
    - Lolland Jager, Less Melee Attack
    - Hertuginde Livjaegere, slight Marksmanship Bonus reduction
    - Italian Bersaglieri, Better Melee skills all around, Marksmanship Bonus slightly increased
    - Prussian Garde Jabger, better Melee skills all around, greater charge
    - British 95th, 60th, KGL, greater Charge Bonus (made no sense before, being as low as militia)
    - Prussian Skirmishers, better Melee Skills all around
    - Saxon Skirmishers, greater Charge Bonus
    - Polish Lancers inspire allies, have policing bonus.

Sieges: only Grenadiers can use grappling hooks.

Attrition: Always present anywhere you go, except when entering towns where you will replenish your forces. Done as to simulate starvation, desertion, deaths from wounds etc. Experimental, but works absolutely fine. This will add an extra layer of realism. Stay in buildings and occupy cities often if you dont want to wipe out your armies. No terrain is safe outside, as young hungry soldiers may desert or sick individuals may cause damage.
    This also encourages you to siege when you are sure of winning the battle quickly. As for the note above, take Grenadiers with you or lots of guns to open a breach or you'll likely have to retreat.

Have fun!

Download HERE (main) and HERE (event for desert attrition modified).

Known issues:
    - At the moment I have absolutely no idea how to change the text displayed in the predefined events. Creating new ones is easy, but hardcoded ones is kind of tricky from what I understand. So... for now, just ignore the "desert attrition" message, it is not useful anyway. As always, feedback please ^^

roy64's Avatar Tiro

There's a problem with the attrition in that the AI can't manage it which makes the game to easy with all the depleted AI armies.

Mh, I see. Too bad then, but understandable. I have tested with few turns so that's my fault. I had the intention to implement WALI functions to add attrition to the player only, but my programming knowledge is very limited and memory editing is simply out of the question. Apologies, will come back to you with a new update without attrition mod (but many other balancing tweaks)

I still have the issue of enemy armies moving around too much. Why would an entire army suddenly march to the right, for no apparent reason? Wouldn't the armies just march towards each other and fight? I'm not talking about flanking, the armies just move around and take too much time before the actual battle begins. I would wish that the two armies would just march straight forward and not break formations so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dea Paladin View Post
    I still have the issue of enemy armies moving around too much. Why would an entire army suddenly march to the right, for no apparent reason? Wouldn't the armies just march towards each other and fight? I'm not talking about flanking, the armies just move around and take too much time before the actual battle begins. I would wish that the two armies would just march straight forward and not break formations so much.
    it has been a well know ntw engine problem,it can only be releived a little depending on the battle ai,because the problem is hardcoded ...so modder can only try to fix tumors with plasters

Hardcoded issues. Many of them. The AI takes some minutes due to the nature of the walking speed and fatigue values. It tries to match a decent formation from groupformations.bin, while at the same time reacting to the player's movement picking up some units out of the formation. There are examples of AI in scripting_library.lua inside data.pack, to understand how the engine does the calculations, and there is also extensive documentation from Shougn 2 in Battle.XML guide. However, one can only script the behaviour of the AI in a custom battle, not in the actual game, that matter is entirely randomized. To have it decent we should do memory hacks on the exe and understand what the hell is going on, injecting the proper commands. But I dont see this coming anytime soon. Another patch for the mod is underway in any case.

Besides, why waste energy on that matter when in June Scourge of War: Waterloo will be released with full tools for modding? Might not be the best place to say it, but I really look forward to that game.

Why does every single country declare war on me? Like literally in one turn, three of my allies (england, österreich and preussen) all cancel trade rights and declare war on me, even though we had Very Friendly relations :-O Why is this? It makes me so mad. All of a sudden the games over because 10 stacks land outside my capital. I'm playing as Sweden.

"Nation joins your enemies"

Why would all my allies betray me? Now I am at war with every single major nation, and have not a single ally left.

Why does every single country declare war on me? Like literally in one turn, three of my allies (england, österreich and preussen) all cancel trade rights and declare war on me, even though we had Very Friendly relations :-O Why is this? It makes me so mad. All of a sudden the games over because 10 stacks land outside my capital. I'm playing as Sweden.

"Nation joins your enemies"

Why would all my allies betray me? Now I am at war with every single major nation, and have not a single ally left.
    Complain to the original creator of the mod. I have zero issues and I'm sure I didnt touch any value for AI behaviour in the campaign map, nor did I ever touch the ESF files. So possible causes are 2:

1 - you have another mod that conflicts with LME;
    2 - your version of LME is corrupted / not well patched

My mod only affects BAI in combat and units / projectile stats, and some variants.

Hmm.. i dont use any other mods. Is it perhaps that the game is made to be played on VH/VH? Because I've been playing on H/H.

is there any way to force peace? Or something. I mean, the most annoying part is they NEVER accept peace, even if I offer them like 10,000 gold and 3 techs, and if they do, they immidietly join the war again. Sucks ass :'( not sure if this issue is with ntw as it is or with this original mod..

EDIT: And I must say, howizters suck and should be removed. I've had litrally an entire unit destroyed in a single bombardment (of several shells). One shell takes out like 20 men and creates a maassive asteroid-like crater. Edit2: Maybe slightly exaggerated, but still annoying as hell...
    Last edited by Dea Paladin; February 06, 2015 at 05:08 AM.

Hmm.. i dont use any other mods. Is it perhaps that the game is made to be played on VH/VH? Because I've been playing on H/H.

is there any way to force peace? Or something. I mean, the most annoying part is they NEVER accept peace, even if I offer them like 10,000 gold and 3 techs, and if they do, they immidietly join the war again. Sucks ass :'( not sure if this issue is with ntw as it is or with this original mod..
    I'd suggest using UAI. In all my LME playthroughs, I haven't had any betrayals by my allies. If you want to force peace, then use the "threaten" option when sending diplomatic terms. I've forced my enemies to submit to some extremely unfair peace terms by destroying their armies and using the "threaten" option.

Look I want to help you but you have to tell me which campaign are you playing first.

In any event, here is another update:

- Removed attrition mod from the last patch
    - Slightly more effective cavalry against infantry during charge
    - Modified artillery firing and number of cannons, now cannonballs will miss more often, killing less men (remember the effect on morale will remain)
    - Modified morale for Young Guard Tirailleurs, Dutch Grenadier Guards and Old Guard. For Grenadiers of the Old Guard here I mean the "Oldest of the Old", the ones that never broke, would never have allowed themselves to, and never will. Therefore, as I imagine them as 1st Grenadiers of the Imperial Guard, I gave them an apparently insane morale boost (40). This is not true due to the nature of the mod: they will be extremely resistant and will withstand any attack, but they are not superman. You can exhaust them to reduce their abilities and aiming skills and bend them with a combined attack from multiple sides. I made this change due to the very nature of these men (25+ years service) and their history. BUT due to this, they will be more expensive in both SP and MP, and their numbers are limited to 1 in MP.

Download and provide feedback ^^

BONUS: No rebellions for 1812-1813 campaigns

Do you hate your own nation going against you in the most unhistorical fashon possible? How about you give yourself some rest, playing a decent historical campaign even if you reach bankrupt. With these simple scripts you can!

put the folder you need in "../data/campaigns" and overwrite. Always make a copy just in case.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll download your update.

I've tried playing as Sweden both in the 1805 campaign and in the 1812 campaign, just got attacked by all my allies 10mins ago = another game ruined. This time it was 1812, and this time I tried playing with UAI.

im trying the new patch without the attrition immediatly,thanks for your efforts sir,its very appreciated

Tried to write to the original dev but he hasn't answered. I want to play :-( Can someone help me?

Please be patient. I'll arrange a script for 1812 - keep in mind that your allies will never betray you after that and you wont be able to go to war with them in return.

My next concern will be historical battles. i think that something can be done. It wont look like NTW3 HB but will be a little more accurate.

I appreciate your help, thank you. But is there no other way than making me not be able to declare war? The issue is with every single country declaring war on me, so if you turn that off, I won't be able to go to war with anyone at all? :-O Is there no way to remove the "Join war" option instead? That's the main issue, since my allies join my enemies in their wars, for example, Prussia, Russia, England, and France might join Mecklenburgs war against me. Or maybe there's some way to script so that factions don't want to join wars? Or become less inclined to war