Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Okay, I think I'm at a good point here. I tested with varied combinations of damage reductions, both explosion and damage from the shell itself, it seems there are now acceptable results. On a side note, I used a cheap trick to fix the annoying "Revolutionary infantry!" speech shouting out of troops. Will be included in next update.

Great work!

Keep it up!

I will have to check and research further but it might be a good idea to give lighter field howitzers strategic mobility similar to the lighter guns, such as 4 pdr or such.

EDIT

For the Gribeauval howitzer a barrel weight (total is a bit hard to find but likely in proportion) of 320 kg is specified while the 4 pdr was 290 kg. A four horse team was specified for both.
    Last edited by marcello; October 24, 2014 at 05:30 AM.

keep it up,i only play with lme and your sub-mod, i check often wishing for updates.Its already great but who know what can you can accomplish in the fine tuning =)

Thanks. An update should come in a while but for now I am busy helping Steph with Masters of Europe's campaign map so I cant make any promises in the near future. Things I want to add though are

-fixing the wrong voices
    - historic uniform for frankfurt fusiliers and grenadiers
    - fixing artillery ranges

i just can not download it , can you send me a email add it to a attachment ? bevis987@gmail.com thanks a lot

250 mb? No sorry. Besides the link provided works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    250 mb? No sorry. Besides the link provided works perfectly.
    Hey do you know if you could get 2 ranks to fire at once and then fire at will like in the civil war mod for Empire Total War

Realism Core v5.1 for LME4 is OUT!

Changelog:

Solved the wrong voices problem with "revolutionary infantry" being called out in place of regular line regiments

Fine tuning of the following units:

Austrian 1st Hussars - Better melee attack and stronger charge, less melee defense (thus encouraging strong, fast flanking hits)
    British 15th Hussars - Less melee attack bonus, was too strong compared to Hungarian Hussars
    Austrian Hungarian Hussars - Better melee defense, balances the weaker attack (but stronger charge) of the British and French hussars.
    French 5th Hussars - Less melee attack bonus, was too strong compared to Hungarian Hussars
    Austrian Hungarian Fusiliers - Better charge bonus, was too weak compared to French Fusiliers and european counterparts. Now they can be deployed as a key element in the weaker Austrian army to secure victory at crucial moments. They have the strongest charge bonus of the entire common line infantry set. Also, they are now restless and will charge without orders at times if you dont keep them in check.
    Baden-Wurttemberg Line Infantry - Better melee attack as they are strong men with raw force at their disposal. Now they are an excellent line infantry at a fairly low cost and the finest of the second powers alongside the Kingdom of Italy and Bavaria.
    Westphalian Line Infantry - Less charge bonus, less morale bonus. The lack of national unity and purpose make them one of the less reliable in europe, but still fairly powerful if kept under control and motivated by a strong lead. This is especially important now: if your general dies, the units will go in disarray very quickly and rout faster than ever. If you reach the enemy with a good lead however, you can deliver a good blow at their ranks due to the fairly decent melee fighting skills of these fine german gentlemen. It is generally advised to use strategy here if you wish to gain the upper hand, and come in strong numbers compared to your foe. If you can, gather a friendly army nearby to help you. This is not mandatory, but is recommended.
    Austrian Hungarian Grenadiers - Slightlty bigger charge bonus to close the distance with the French grenadiers.
    Prussian and Spanish Militia - Slightly better melee skills all around, were too weak compared to what they were actually capable to do.

Groupformations.bin - Changed the spacing when selecting more than one unit (experimental) to match more realistic spaces in battle.

Small artillery pieces tuned down - average kills 2-6 men max with 3,4,6 pdr.I couldnt balance it better I'm afraid as far as NTW is concerned.

New historically accurate textures and variant model for Frankfurt Line Infantry:

Enjoy and give me feedback, its really important!

Download Link: HERE
    Last edited by Sirlion; December 09, 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Outfuarkingstanding. LME has given me the best total war experience ever (and I have played ALL total war games) and this mod of yours has made it that much greater.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Realism Core v5.1 for LME4 is OUT!

Changelog:

Solved the wrong voices problem with "revolutionary infantry" being called out in place of regular line regiments

Fine tuning of the following units:

Austrian 1st Hussars - Better melee attack and stronger charge, less melee defense (thus encouraging strong, fast flanking hits)
    British 15th Hussars - Less melee attack bonus, was too strong compared to Hungarian Hussars
    Austrian Hungarian Hussars - Better melee defense, balances the weaker attack (but stronger charge) of the British and French hussars.
    French 5th Hussars - Less melee attack bonus, was too strong compared to Hungarian Hussars
    Austrian Hungarian Fusiliers - Better charge bonus, was too weak compared to French Fusiliers and european counterparts. Now they can be deployed as a key element in the weaker Austrian army to secure victory at crucial moments. They have the strongest charge bonus of the entire common line infantry set. Also, they are now restless and will charge without orders at times if you dont keep them in check.
    Baden-Wurttemberg Line Infantry - Better melee attack as they are strong men with raw force at their disposal. Now they are an excellent line infantry at a fairly low cost and the finest of the second powers alongside the Kingdom of Italy and Bavaria.
    Westphalian Line Infantry - Less charge bonus, less morale bonus. The lack of national unity and purpose make them one of the less reliable in europe, but still fairly powerful if kept under control and motivated by a strong lead. This is especially important now: if your general dies, the units will go in disarray very quickly and rout faster than ever. If you reach the enemy with a good lead however, you can deliver a good blow at their ranks due to the fairly decent melee fighting skills of these fine german gentlemen. It is generally advised to use strategy here if you wish to gain the upper hand, and come in strong numbers compared to your foe. If you can, gather a friendly army nearby to help you. This is not mandatory, but is recommended.
    Austrian Hungarian Grenadiers - Slightlty bigger charge bonus to close the distance with the French grenadiers.
    Prussian and Spanish Militia - Slightly better melee skills all around, were too weak compared to what they were actually capable to do.

Groupformations.bin - Changed the spacing when selecting more than one unit (experimental) to match more realistic spaces in battle.

Small artillery pieces tuned down - average kills 2-6 men max with 3,4,6 pdr.I couldnt balance it better I'm afraid as far as NTW is concerned.

New historically accurate textures and variant model for Frankfurt Line Infantry:

Enjoy and give me feedback, its really important!

Download Link: HERE
    downloading immediatly!
    also ive noticed that spanish chasseurs lay down while in ''ligth infantry mode'' and some other nations dont,is it wanted?

Oh yes sorry I forgot to mention. I changed the animations for some light infantry units so they are less visible and shoot under cover. Some french units like chasseurs d montagne and spanish guerrilla have this ability.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

I'm loving this mod Sirlion, you done an excellent job.

Thanks. I suggest you to use my other mod Battle Chaos to enhance the experience. Would anyone be interested in a port of some of Masters of Europe's uniforms over to this mod? I did some for my personal use but if there is request I can add the majority of the uniform table.

Also please note, this mod works with the 1812 period onwards, the game has not been tested for 1807 and earlier.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Thanks. I suggest you to use my other mod Battle Chaos to enhance the experience. Would anyone be interested in a port of some of Masters of Europe's uniforms over to this mod? I did some for my personal use but if there is request I can add the majority of the uniform table.

Also please note, this mod works with the 1812 period onwards, the game has not been tested for 1807 and earlier.
    I already use the Battle Chaos mod
    Why don't you make two mods, one with the Masters of Europe's uniforms & this one. I'm using your mod with the 1805 campaign & have played the1792 campaign with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    I already use the Battle Chaos mod
    Why don't you make two mods, one with the Masters of Europe's uniforms & this one. I'm using your mod with the 1805 campaign & have played the1792 campaign with no problems.
    i play mostly 1792 campaign also and no problem in general but one...as spain i attacked portugal and they had 5 batteries of 9lbers so i was fearing the barrage,but they didint unlimber and shot one single canon shots....should i turn uai off?

also the sicilian line infantry have shakos in 1792 ...minor i know

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    i play mostly 1792 campaign also and no problem in general but one...as spain i attacked portugal and they had 5 batteries of 9lbers so i was fearing the barrage,but they didint unlimber and shot one single canon shots....should i turn uai off?

also the sicilian line infantry have shakos in 1792 ...minor i know
    What's "should i turn uai off?" mean.

the uai option within lme

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    the uai option within lme

I've always had it checked so I don't know, give it a try with it turned of.

i guess i will have to test it...because there is nothing better in that sub mod that a ai on the defense that give you a hard challenge with its arts