Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

These are just models from Mount and Blade Napoleonc Wars. And the weapons in the mod are part of PdGuru Equpiment mod with additional realistic muskets taken from real photos. It would be easy to take them one by one but as a whole it's a lot of work, a LOT. Not worth it. Maybe for specific units.

I've remade the main Saxon roster with correct regimental colors and better uniforms. Same with main polish line and polish veterans. There are many regiments \ additional units that are not present in MoE so when a MoE compatible version is finished, you can have both with no conflicts. I'll try to make a better sailor basic model and decent danish sailors next, since Britain and France are already covered, and the danish fleet was still usable before the brits decided that they needed to be the masters of the seas.

French naval crew revised

Major update coming this weekend with 80 new uniforms and correct regimental colors for Denmark, Naples, KoI and Wurttemberg. Substantial improvements to the Saxon roster too.

Wurttembergian light infantry

and Jagers

Denmark sharpshooters

and mounted jagers

Hi Sirlion, excuse me for my bad english. But I have one question... I don`t think this excellent mod works for me, but I followed all of your instructions and I really hope you or someone else can help me with this. Thanks, FreakOne94

You could describe the problem, as a start. If I dont know what the problem is, I cant help. In any case, I have postponed my update for RL issues but things are proceeding as intended. You may wait a week or two for the new version if this one doesnt work for you.

Well, I can see you changed the units stats and it feels like it, too. But I can`t see the things from pdgurus mod or any other difference between the look of the units. And I don`t use any other mods, just LME4.2 and yours.

If you are referring to the images above, the ones that I posted recently, that is just a preview of the things to come in the next update. If you are talking about the eagles on the standards or the different muskets, those are in place so you should see them.

Neron25's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Sirilion, how can i change range and accuracy stats? Thanks.

in units_stats_land, you will find all the units and their stats.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Just a heads-up. It appears that using this mod makes the english spies and armies without generals speak spanish (for some reason), and armies get the voice of the spy. I have no idea what may be causing this, but it sure is annoying xD

This is my current user.script;

mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Musket sounds and smoke effects change to vanilla versions when im playing on Realism Core, why?

Did you just copy-paste the user_script info that is given in the first post? If so, you need to add back the LME4_BSM pack which is the file that adds the smoke effects.

Proper Wurttemberg Landwehr

and Chevaux-legers

with decent equipment

and Generals Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Did you just copy-paste the user_script info that is given in the first post? If so, you need to add back the LME4_BSM pack which is the file that adds the smoke effects.
    No i didnt copy-paste the user script. It looks like this:

mod LME4_BSM.pack;
    mod LME4_USM.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1815.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

And you dont have any other mod installed? That's curious. My mod at this stage doesnt have any smoke or sound submod integrated so it cannot be the cause.

I dont have any other mods, only Realism Core. Another issue, armies in campaign map speak spanish even if they are French or British.

Btw, is Universal AI compatible with your settings?

double post
    Last edited by Sirlion; November 14, 2016 at 11:22 PM.

If you look up I have answered both. No UAI is not compatible. And the voice problem cant be solved, CA's fault not mine. I'll investigate this smoke-sound matter though. You are the first to report this.

New version up, link in first post.

Changes in this version are quite massive, from morale to unit models. As stated above, A LOT of new unit models using the ETW format have replaced many incorrect uniforms and attributes \ equipments from Saxony, Kingdom of Naples, Kingdom of Italy, Wurttemberg, Denmark. Probably more will follow at a later date since I got used to this method and I find it quite enjoyable.

The morale has been reworked to emphasize the need for flanking support and I've tried to resolve the usual NTW problem of cavalry vs infantry and cavalry vs square infantry.
    I admit I think I have found a suitable solution here: any unit on foot not supported by allies on their flanks and rear will most likely rout before impact with cavalry. Inexperienced units \ raw conscripts and militia will simply rout in panic and reform well before contact is made. Apart from Cuirassiers, Dragoons and French and British cavalry with a really great morale, almost no other "light" type of mounted foe will reach its destination without breaking if it is not supported by allies or inspired \ encouraged by the general, which has a greater role now.
    In my tests the rate of cavalry vs square has considerably decreased and even if the cavalrymen reached the square, they would break in a couple of seconds.
    I'm still not happy with the results though, I would like to reach a point where the balance of forces is so on point that I can safely remove the anti-cav bonus to squares and instead give it a negative value, as to simulate infantrymen forming square too late, getting panicked and routing while being sabered - this of course, when squares cannot be phisically reached without a considerable reduction in morale for the cavalrymen.

Issues with this system at the moment are the usual ones that CA has never fixed: the game cannot recognize when cavalry is attacking a routing unit, so if you ask them to retreat to your lines behind them, they may get the "attacked in the rear" negative bonus when they turn around. This is utterly pathetic, but there is no way around it sadly. Although this CAN happen, it is not the rule, as long as your cavalry unit is well trained, fresh, as infantry support and has been inspired by the general, they'll manage (considering these factors only, of course in the context of a battle anything is possible).

tl;dr - I would like to make contact between cavalry and infantry impossible unless infantry is routing. One or the other MUST break before contact, especially true for squares. At the moment the square gives a nice boost in morale so everything works as intended but the variables are too generic \ not enough to fine tune this system to perfection.

Feedback is especially appreciated.