Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

These are models from another game converted for NTW piece by piece by me in a custom pack. I cannot share it I'm afraid, not as it is. However I plan to make some adjustments to what is already there.

I probably made some mistakes in the uniform tables for MoE, I'll double check to make sure. And yes the unit cards must be MoE's. The fact that you see them implies that the variant is recognized.

Does this mod change the unit spacing when moving the units. What I mean is that when I select multipe units and drag them to form a line, theres a noticeable gap between the units. Any way I can make it not to that?

Indeed it does. Why would you not want them out of each others' way? In any case you can delete groupformations.bin if you find that not to your liking

Sorry for not replying, and thanks! After playing with it for a while I found that I quite like that change, However I have another issue, Im trying to play this with the ultimate sounds mod, That I enabled from the launcher, But I only get the vanilla sounds. Is there a way to get the sounds from the mod?

First of all, thank you for your continued work on this mod!

I do have some issues with the LME_MoE version though. There is no sound at all (a problem I have not experienced with previous versions of your mod), the MoE Unit Cards are not there and in one case (I think Légion polonaise) even blank.

Here is a picture of my data folder:

This is my user.script.txt (unicode):
    battle_camera_shake_enabled false;
    battle_time_limit 120;
    gfx_picture_in_picture false;
    mod LME4_Camp1807.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4_MoE.pack;

mod "MoE_LoadingScreen.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Germans.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Italians.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Scandinavia.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_UI.pack";
    mod MoE_Faction_Poland.pack;
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Iberia.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Poland.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitParts.pack";

mod "Pdguru_Equipment_Mod_2_2.pack";
    mod "sir_battleterrain.pack";
    My copy of the game is of course legitimate.

It might just be some small detail I overlooked, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnkka View Post
    Sorry for not replying, and thanks! After playing with it for a while I found that I quite like that change, However I have another issue, Im trying to play this with the ultimate sounds mod, That I enabled from the launcher, But I only get the vanilla sounds. Is there a way to get the sounds from the mod?
    Glad to hear that. Well I did not test any other sound mods than mine, namely my battlechaos mod, so I cannot say which addon for LME crashes the game or causes problems, I'm sorry. You can consider every other addon potentially incompatible with my work in any case.

MoE pack issue: I have already given the correct user_script here. I'll double check, maybe I forgot to add something in the file itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    MoE pack issue: I have already given the correct user_script here. I'll double check, maybe I forgot to add something in the file itself.
    My user.script is copy pasted from your quote one page before. I just noticed that there is "mod MoE_Faction_Poland.pack;" as well as "mod "MoE_Faction_Poland.pack";" in it though.
    I haven't encountered quotes in user.scripts before I think, so I don't know what difference they make.

By the way the non-MoE version of the 20/9 release is working just fine.

Update 09-11-15:

Peninsular war:

Naval supply port - Turns to surrender in region +2
    Military supply port - Turns to surrender in region +2
    Military complex - Turns to surrender in region +4
    Supply depot - Turns to surrender in region +6

1812 Campaign:

I have changed the position and army composition of Wurttembergian, Italian, Neapolitan and Bavarian troops to reflect the multinational Grand Army of 1812. They are all very close to Napoloen's French main forces as they should have been, so you can have multinational engagements in the depths of Russia. Dont worry about the fog of war, as per the second turn it will be lifeted and you can select your units. Sorry about Murat not really being part of the plan, but the devs of LME probably made some mistakes as he can be recruited as a general but he also appears leading his own cavalry regiments in another unit. The same goes for Ney. Nothing I can do and may be lots of work for very little.

General:

French small artillery pieces are more efficent. Russian long range artillery is more accurate.

The new pack sir_extra_units replaces the original new units I had put inside LME4 main pack as it resulted in crashes and some units were not seen as intended. Add it to the list in the user_script and it should be all set.
    Also for your convenience I included in this release every major pack I have done here on TWC so you can combine them.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I have also extended the recruitment time. Average time for line infantry is 1.5 months, guardsmen of importance take from 3 to 6 months. Navies get a far greater value as anything non commercial takes from 1 to 2 years to complete.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Sirlion; November 11, 2015 at 06:21 AM.

So ummm....it says I need a decryption key to unlock the download?

So ummm....it says I need a decryption key to unlock the download?

No. Try again now. It works perfectly

Hi, Sirlion. The link above works, but the one at oppening post (that should direct to the same download) dont work.

EDIT: Taken a look at the packs, I have some questions:

1) To enable the non-LME4 packs, I need lines at user.script?
    2) What does NTW3_SmokeVolume.pack?
    3) sir_battlechaos.pack is your sound mod, right?
    4) What about sir_battletarreain.pack?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; November 11, 2015 at 09:09 AM.

Thank you for the report, I have fixed the link in the first post.

1) You can enable any non LME4 mod that you like, compatibility is not guaranteed of course exactly like the original LME4 release.
    2) NTW3_SmokeVolume is a simple and detailed particle effect pack that I usually add with NTW3, it contains a lot more smoke and sparks for the muskets as well as cannons.
    3) yes indeed it is my sound mod.
    4) I have explained a few posts earlier, it is a mod that I made to increase terrain for campaign battles to 4 vs 4 size, and I also added more farms / cities / potential places for farm fields and made new basic maps for more variety.

Ok, now I have read all the thread and new questions arrived:

1) If I want to try your submod WITHOUT any extra (just LME4.pack) for now, I still need Pdguru_Equipment_Mod_2_2.pack for it to work?
    2) That big list of MoE files are needed only for the MoE version (LME4_MoE.pack) or are mandatory for your basic mod (LME4.pack) to work too?
    3) Any other mod I need for your LME4.pack to work?
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; November 11, 2015 at 11:13 AM.

You know, I'm also confused. What is required for the mod to work? You stated a few pages back that the Pdguru mod was required. However, I feel like everything that's required should be listed in the OP -___-

Yes PdGuru's modified mod file is required. And it is the only file required outside of LME4.pack.
    Everything else is optional. MoE files are indeed part of the uniform add on LME4_MoE.

So after following all the advice throughout the thread, I immediately CTD on launch. Awesome.

Do you have other mods installed? Previous Darthmod install? Anything in movie format? Make sure of that and if it still crashes do a cache check.

Thanks, Sirlion, the game is working with your submod. Will try it now.

Just to make sure, could you, please, confirm if the following unit sizes...

- line infantry = 279 men
    - militia/light infantry = 240 men
    - skirmishers = 150 men
    - foot artillery (6 lb) = 30 men (6 guns)
    - horse artillery (6 lb) = 18 men (4 guns)
    - heavy cavalry = 84 men

... are correct for unit size = ultra?

Only with unit size = medium I found no odd numbers. Weird thing is: if 0.5x (medium) =140, 1x (ultra) should be 280, right?
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; November 11, 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Ask the original devs of LME. I didnt modify the numbers at all. I can tell you how I usually play. I have a custom save file with 80 units per army and unit multiplier set at 0.3. That way I find the best compromise between large armies and number of men.