Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Realism Core v5 for LME4

After a lot of work, here it is. My mod ported to LME4.2. But it is not only a port, its a BIG pack!
    Download and override LME4.pack to get the full changes.

I did really A LOT of modding in here. Basically, the whole concpet has been changed.
    And a BIG THANK YOU goes to PdGuru for he has let me use his wonderful facial skins from his French and Allies mod!

THE CHANGES

- Different weather
    - Changed battle mechanics for much slower and longer gameplay
    - Changed all the unit_stats_land table related values to suit for the new battle mechanics
    - new variantmodels with new skins (see here for some previews)
    - CAI has four levels: Aggressive_major for major factions, Aggressive_minor for minor factions that are on the offensive (usually with France), Moderate for defensive minor factions, and of course the major factions have their own CAI.
    - Only grenadiers can use grappling hooks to assault during siege battles
    - New equipment submod based on PdGuru's fantastic work
    - Season-based diseases unused by CA added back

This overhaul of LME4 is the ultimate experience for those of you with over 1 hour to spend in a single battlefield and are not afraid of big challenges. Certain nations not good at - or not willing to - combat are treated as such. Play as Saxony or Westphalia to get a brutal challenge!

Enjoy

Download Link LAST UPDATE NOVEMBER 2021 HERE

Vanilla version NOT UPDATED HERE

HOW TO SET UP THE MOD

- Install LME4 4.2, the last version;
    - Download LME4.pack from the link above and put it into the ../Napoleon Total War/data/ folder. When asked to overwrite, click "Yes" (Make a backup copy just in case);
    - The mod should now work fine.

Special note: do NOT use the LME4 standard Launcher, instead, utilize the user_script provided below and apply directly. Please make sure not to use other mods that modify the CAI or BAI with it as it may conflict heavily with the main mod.

The basic user script:

Code:
    mod LME4_Camp1807.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;
    The campaign pack can be any from 1792 onwards. What I did NOT modify despite some claiming it is modified, its the startpos itself aside from the CAI references. Therefore any CTDs that you might find in LME4 are still present at this time.

The last update also includes other mods by me, ALL MODS LISTED HERE ARE OPTIONAL:

- Sir Battleterrain made so you can enjoy 4 x 4 maps with 8 armies in the same area (thanks to the larger control zones for generals and colonels), I have modified all basic maps heavily so there are more randomized tactical features and some maps make more sense / are more challenging.

As of February 2016, PdGuru's modified submod is integrated into the base LME4 pack.
    Last edited by Sirlion; November 02, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    After a lot of work, here it is. My mod ported to LME4.2. But it is not only a port, its a BIG pack!
    Download and override LME4.pack to get the full changes.

I did really A LOT of modding in here. Basically, the whole concpet has been changed.
    And a BIG THANK YOU goes to PdGuru for he has let me use his wonderful facial skins from his French and Allies mod!

- Different weather
    - Changed battle mechanics for much slower and longer gameplay
    - Changed all the unit_stats_land table related values to suit for the new battle mechanics
    - new variantmodels with new skins (see here for some previews)
    - Changed the CAI
    - And a lot more!

This overhaul of LME4 is the ultimate experience for those of you with over 1 hour to spend in a single battlefield and are not afraid of big challenges. Certain nations not good at - or not willing to - combat are treated as such. Play as Saxony or Westphalia to get a brutal challenge!

Enjoy

Download Link (Its a BIG file, 250 MB): https://www.mediafire.com/?f89ua3l295wqwu8
    It seems to be nice ! But did you change something in the total_cap of certain units ?
    Go belgium!

No, the total cap is exactly the same. I thought it was very fair for the game.

Ok thank you
    Go belgium!

May I play this submod with Bran Mac Born DMN ? Must I play new campaign ?

i try that immediatly!

people you need to try that,,,the battle are so good now...men dont fall any longer like they would dual wield famas/m16 combo....and moral system is just awsomely realistic,and cavalry require more skill and action in mass to be decisive,infantry really feel now like the bulk of the army rooted to the battlefield solidly in place,,,,and general now are more important.the formations and deployement are now more important than ever.

yes the battle can be longer but its still possible to bash your way just deploy in column fire a volley or 2 and charge in...majour rout is now a reality...and loss are now realistic..you can win or loose with alot of dead or few depending on the actions....now you can loose a battle but your army may still be fine to figth again...ennemy cavalry comming to a routed army without your own to stop them now mean heavy loss

anyway great job,great great job! this HAVE to be offered as an option in the laucher its just too good not to be

just one idea...the ligth infantry behaviour should be removed as the cpu never use it and it dont seem to have a great utility.
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; August 27, 2014 at 03:39 PM.

Is Realism Core v5 compatible with submod of Bran Mac Born ????? New campaing need ??

I think it could have conflicts between the 2 submods because Bran submod modify CAI and battle mechanics...
    Go belgium!

Thank you for the kind words. I spent a lot of time on this mod, so it is encouraging!

Every mod that changes the campaign variables, morale, fatigue, rules tables, unit stats, unit abilities and unit appearance can create BIG conflicts. So no, I dont think Bran's mod is compatibile with mine, but you are free to experiment.

Thank You for answer !

what bug me is the depiction of militia...they should be more 'line infantryesque'' less good accuracy and reload..less morale and less less movement on the campaign map...but its a minor thing

sometime as spain i like to gather big militia to swell my number.just as the bourbon really did

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Loving this mod Sirlion, I'm playing as France with 40 unit armies & the battles are epic. The only thing I don't like is there is no firing arc, but that's no big deal I'm getting use to it. Thanks for your work

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    what bug me is the depiction of militia...they should be more 'line infantryesque'' less good accuracy and reload..less morale and less less movement on the campaign map...but its a minor thing

sometime as spain i like to gather big militia to swell my number.just as the bourbon really did
    Well militia have very poor accuracy level in reality, but very fast reloading skill. Its very strange that you see them shooting good, they shouldnt, really. I made this opposed to slower reloading times to simulate young men fresh from the farms panic and try to shoot as fast as they can without thinking. The regular line infantry takes longer to reload but they have bigger aiming bonus. On a side note, if I had to get their morale even lower, they would rout almost instantly, that is something I had considered but found impractical.

no what i meant is i wish they would like line inf but less good.
    militia of the bourbons kingdoms were not levy of panic they were people each city or territories had to send training a certain amount of time every week,they were uniformed by the house of the king and armed,and at the call of the king they had to gather at a certain point at the border.you can find the detail easily.

but anyway its just nitpicking i really enjoy the sub mod,i only play lme with it,i hope you wil continue to work on it!

Have you considered a tweak to howitzers?
    The game uses shells which have effects comparable to modern artillery, with large craters and the ability to cause several tens of casualties with a direct hit in a formation, although not frequent. In reality black powder was somewhat lacking as filler compared to picric acid and what followed. In terms of effects if a shell knocked down a file, landed nearby and the fragments of the following explosion killed/wounded an handful more it was a pretty much the best case scenario. They brought some advantages such as the ability to hit ground that guns could not hit and the shells could start fires but the effects were such they still played second fiddle to guns. In the first half of the 19th century they became increasingly gun like in design, with longer barrels and smaller calibers until lightweight 12 pdr guns, which if necessary could fire shells at modest elevations, were introduced in the 1850s replacing them altogether.

I dont think my artillery (any kind) does kill more than 3-4 men at best. I have tested many types of artillery during the modding proces and I assure you casualties are reduced to a minimum and long distance shots almost always miss. But the psychological effect on troops is quite high of course. Can you tell me which howitzers would need a tweak in your opinion?

Guns, round shot and cannister are OK, it is the shells for howitzers and such that have issues. I have only tested the Gribeauval howitzer with this particular mod but the issue has been around since day one for shell firing weapons in general. Granted, a direct hit is not a frequent occurrence compared to airbursts or misses, but the large craters and the occasional shell wiping out 20/30 men do happen. Here a comparison between the effects of a 8 pdr and field howitzer is drawn at chapter VI, I will try to post a screenshot when I can.

Well as far as craters are concerned I dont think I can do much because the crater decal is hardcoded. As for casualties I'll see what I can do. Will post next patch results fairly soon with new historically accurate uniforms and tweaks.

This was the theory. It may well possible that a very lucky shot might kill more, I have read about an instance of a shell generating about 30 casualties at Gettysburg though probably fired from a gun, but that is what it can be likely expected.
    I will try to see if there is some other modification that could compensate for the reduction in casualties, like movement rate or such.
    Last edited by marcello; October 21, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast