Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Was the enemy stopping in front of your artillery to engage your infantry? I've had a few battles across Empire and Napoleon which also gave stupid kills. Looking at what happens if a single infantry unit charges your artillery might inform you better about if canister is OP.

Wonderful mod! I am wondering how to change the unit speeds even lower. I tried editing the battle_entities tables with packmanager but it's not showing in game?

Hi guys Is this save game compatible?

Greetings Sirlion. You wrote (I can't find where here anymore) that you had a difficult time and you're planning some big things in the future. Could you please summarize what you are planning? (I hope something like enlarging the campaign map)

Quote Originally Posted by rafael-cz View Post
    Greetings Sirlion. You wrote (I can't find where here anymore) that you had a difficult time and you're planning some big things in the future. Could you please summarize what you are planning? (I hope something like enlarging the campaign map)
    Nothing related to NTW. I'm dedicating myself fully to Rise of the Eagles for MTW2. Check the description in my signature.

Next secondary project for NTW will be about european wars between 1852-1902.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Hi Sirlion, I was hoping to ask you a couple brief questions. Is there a way to change the firing mechanics of infantry so only the first 2 lines fire, also is there any way to implement kneeling while reloading in the first row? I noticed when engaging, the infantry have very sporadic fire/reload...Basically was wondering if you changed the volley behavior so it was less simultaneous/synchronized (how to change back?) ? Finally, I wanted to ask about the sound effects used for muskets...I've come to enjoy the 'popcorn popping' style of sound, after downloading your mod I noticed the musket sounds were different. But it seems enabling the sound mods included in LME4 doesnt change the musket sounds (ive tried x-factor and ultimate)...Am I doing something wrong? Did you even change the musket sounds? I read something about how the sub-mods in the script.txt have to be below the main sub-mod or something like that.... Any help is appreciated, I'm really enjoying your mod btw...In many aspects its quite extraordinary, the AI seem to make comparatively logical choices and I was impressed by how the AI were able to problem-solve like never before...

Its been a while but I believe the sound effects have been integrated alongside with PdGuru's original equipment submod, so you'd have to pick them manually from LME4.pack and change those or delete them for other sounds to work properly.
    About the kneeling and 2 rows only firing, which is not realistic at all, its an ability of the units themselves, therefore you'd have to change the properties of the unit_abilities tables. Sorry that I cant be more specific than this but I've been working on MTW2's engine only for the past 5 years so my memory is a bit fuzzy and I cant check atm.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

When I extracted the file for the submod, I noticed that there are campaign folders and the lme4 pack. Do I put the campaign folders in the data folder like the lme4 pack?

Never mind, I figured it out.

which lme4 version? I know 4.2 but i cant can you give me link? I downloaded Torrent_LME4 NTW Mod Setup from iutland torrent files. Is it okay? Thank you.

Apologies for my ignorance, but exactly how do you start a game using the script ? Thank you kindly

"Special note: do NOT use the LME4 standard Launcher, instead, utilize the user_script provided below and apply directly."

You either download one of the User-made mod managers, or go to your version of
    "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts"
    And open your user.script. Inside you copy paste the suggested userscript Sirlion suggests.

Apologies for not replying sooner I've been very busy with other matters as of late. Hazzard's suggestion is correct.

I'm just passing by to remind people interested in the Napoleonic Wars (why would you even be here otherwise) that Rise of the Eagles is on ModDB. Please consider checking it out and give feedback.
    My Mods and Projects

Hi Sirloin,

thanks for the great work and effort on this submod.

I have read through all the pages in this thread and I want to test your changes.
    But before I do, I have a few precise questions, if you don't mind. Thanks in advance and +1 Rep from me!

- Does the version on the OP include the 1815 Hotfix you did?
    - Does the version on the OP contain your other minimod "Diplomatic restrictions for 1807"?
    - If I wish to use your "Sir_Battleterrain pack", where must I past the script in the lists of scripts in the user scripts: on top, or it doesn't mater?
    - Since no other submods must be used with RC5, which smoke variant does RC5 have?
    - In the download folder, apart from the PACK document, there are several Campaigns folders. What must be done with these? Replace the LME4 files?
    - LME4 offers the chance to:

> An example you play as Prussia with "old style" uniforms in 1805 and 1807 and "new style" uniforms in 1812 and 1813.

Old style uniforms

New style uniforms

Unfortunately the feature is not activated automatically so when playing as Prussia in the early years 1805-1810 use the 1805 or 1807 campaign button to activate the old style uniforms and when your campaign progresses and you want the new style uniforms use the 1812, 1813, or 1815 campaign button to activate the new style uniforms. The feature is fully savegame compatible.

This feature also applies when playing as Austria, France, Saxony, Russia, Hessen, Britain, Kingdom of Holland.

>> Is it still a necessity for RC5?
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; January 05, 2021 at 02:04 PM.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

@Der Böse Wolf

in order:

-As I recall, yes it does.
    -I believe that's not included.
    -Doesnt matter.
    -RC5 has my own smoke variant Sir_Smokevolume
    -Replace the Campaign folders entirely otherwise the AI will be messed up. Keep a backup of the originals just in case if you want to go back to LME4 vanilla.
    -Unfortunately you'd have to change uniforms manually in the script file otherwise the automatic script will add stuff that's not needed and will potentially screw with my mod.
    My Mods and Projects

Hey Sirlion

First congratulations for your mod. It's one of the best experiences of period warfare I have so far encountered for Total War engine, and I play those games for almost 10 years. I have already finished my UK campaign year ago and wanted to try France now. Unfortunately AI rarely gives a decent challange, so I wandered how to modify files to better suit my taste.
    I have already modified marching and lowered fatigue penalties as enemy AI seem to be unable to keep his units fresh. I have some questions regarding units behaviour:

1. What is the best way to slightly raise musket effectiveness? I tried to hit a sweet spot between your mod and vanilla LME4, which I find too bloody. I already tried reducing misfire chances, and now I am working in kv_rules. Is missile_distance_for_half_chance_hit and projectile_damage_distance_multiplier main difference in musketry between RealismCore and LME4 ? I don't see great differences in projectiles_tables or units accuracy in units stats. Could you direct me to values that are decisive to you fire mechanics?
    2. Is there a way to modify marines muskets to be more deadly during naval combat? It seems that historically those folks could occassionaly decide naval battles even before boarding sweeping decks with their fire, but in game naval musketry is completely useless. Maybe it would be possible to give some sort of negative bonus for being under musket fire? The same goes for Rifles in land battles- even after raising accuracy to 90, my 95th Rifles still kills maybe 20-30 enemies during long engagement. I was wandering if there is some value in the files that could imitate their ability to shot enemy officers.
    3. How to modify cannons to better crash fort walls? I know sieges are awkward, but liked old challange.
    4. Is it possible to cut some files from Bran CAI (not BAI) and paste them to try if they work with your mod? His battle AI is very fast and bloody, but I liked CAI very much. Also you stated that Universal Battle AI is not compatibile with your mod - I tried it, and it seems to work quite well for now.
    5. Just a sidenote, but is it possible to give bagpipes as sound to scottish units? Somebody said in text tutorials that sounds are hardcoded so answer is no.

That would be it. Again, great work.

Just those

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    @Der Böse Wolf

in order:

-As I recall, yes it does.
    -I believe that's not included.
    -Doesnt matter.
    -RC5 has my own smoke variant Sir_Smokevolume
    -Replace the Campaign folders entirely otherwise the AI will be messed up. Keep a backup of the originals just in case if you want to go back to LME4 vanilla.
    -Unfortunately you'd have to change uniforms manually in the script file otherwise the automatic script will add stuff that's not needed and will potentially screw with my mod.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Regarding "Sir_Battleterrain pack", I read somewhere that it is "video format" and thus, does not to be added to the user scripts.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

just tried the submod and i think it adds alot to the mod. and overall great. i did make some changes for myself and just wanted to let you know maybe you agree or disagree or you had your reasons to make it that way.

groupformations. enemy ai has no clue on what to do with the thin long lines in battle. when battle starts they get in front of eachother and make one huge mess while walking towards you getting destroyed. i feel its realistic, but the ai cant handle it.

I was of surprised seeing regular line infantry scaring horses. alot of times i had cav charging into weak inf only to have the cav rout. found out this was the reason. cav shouldnt destroy anything in its path, but i dont think it should be terrified by literally most average unit in game, maybe grenadiers and elites only?

I was of surprised seeing regular line infantry scaring horses. alot of times i had cav charging into weak inf only to have the cav rout. found out this was the reason. cav shouldnt destroy anything in its path, but i dont think it should be terrified by literally most average unit in game, maybe grenadiers and elites only?
    True. Perhaps resizing each cavalry unit by 25% and raising morale would give it more stability? It's very fickle now. On the other hand, squares in this submod are BEST mechanic I saw in NTW thus far- no more horses galloping over thin lines of the square.

Quote Originally Posted by Menandros85 View Post
    Hey Sirlion

First congratulations for your mod. It's one of the best experiences of period warfare I have so far encountered for Total War engine, and I play those games for almost 10 years. I have already finished my UK campaign year ago and wanted to try France now. Unfortunately AI rarely gives a decent challange, so I wandered how to modify files to better suit my taste.
    I have already modified marching and lowered fatigue penalties as enemy AI seem to be unable to keep his units fresh. I have some questions regarding units behaviour:

1. What is the best way to slightly raise musket effectiveness? I tried to hit a sweet spot between your mod and vanilla LME4, which I find too bloody. I already tried reducing misfire chances, and now I am working in kv_rules. Is missile_distance_for_half_chance_hit and projectile_damage_distance_multiplier main difference in musketry between RealismCore and LME4 ? I don't see great differences in projectiles_tables or units accuracy in units stats. Could you direct me to values that are decisive to you fire mechanics?
    2. Is there a way to modify marines muskets to be more deadly during naval combat? It seems that historically those folks could occassionaly decide naval battles even before boarding sweeping decks with their fire, but in game naval musketry is completely useless. Maybe it would be possible to give some sort of negative bonus for being under musket fire? The same goes for Rifles in land battles- even after raising accuracy to 90, my 95th Rifles still kills maybe 20-30 enemies during long engagement. I was wandering if there is some value in the files that could imitate their ability to shot enemy officers.
    3. How to modify cannons to better crash fort walls? I know sieges are awkward, but liked old challange.
    4. Is it possible to cut some files from Bran CAI (not BAI) and paste them to try if they work with your mod? His battle AI is very fast and bloody, but I liked CAI very much. Also you stated that Universal Battle AI is not compatibile with your mod - I tried it, and it seems to work quite well for now.
    5. Just a sidenote, but is it possible to give bagpipes as sound to scottish units? Somebody said in text tutorials that sounds are hardcoded so answer is no.

That would be it. Again, great work.

Just those

1 - core_marskmanship in unit_stats_tables and marksmanship_bonus in projectiles_tables. They work together to make the magic happen. However, there's also a ton more values to tweak. Like bullet velocity, base misfire chance.... You need to find a balance with those. It's very tricky but doable.
    missile_distance_for_half_chance_hit is very dangerous I would be extra careful to change it if I were you.
    2 - yeah just like any other "type" of projectile. Find it and change it accordingly as I said in point 1.
    3 - No idea I never played with fort assaults once after the "no forts" mod came out. I think its one of the worst mechanics in Total War history.
    4 - No idea what Bran did. Of course you can try at your own risk but I guarantee nothing. My startpos are modified, tailored to my own CAI, so it is possible that some factions after you change to Bran's CAI will not do anything at all. But you can try.
    5 - I think its possible but not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous Murat View Post
    just tried the submod and i think it adds alot to the mod. and overall great. i did make some changes for myself and just wanted to let you know maybe you agree or disagree or you had your reasons to make it that way.

groupformations. enemy ai has no clue on what to do with the thin long lines in battle. when battle starts they get in front of eachother and make one huge mess while walking towards you getting destroyed. i feel its realistic, but the ai cant handle it.

groupformations - I agree the AI cant handle those. I wanted them for myself mainly because I love roleplaying in NTW and I often let the AI do its thing to a degree so that we are mostly on even odds, so the result of the battle is what I desire. Of course it is not ideal but I hated how vanilla NTW handles the formations.

line infantry scaring horses - that is an attempt on my part to make it so that horse charges against squares and front assaults against infantry shooting them wont end up in them winning. I wanted them to rout before reaching the squares, mainly, and the player would have to put some reinforcements near them to inspire confidence during the charge to prevent them from routing. I wanted the player to work a bit for their success.
    Problem is the AI cant handle that, again, this is unfortunately on CA's end. Still, I find it good for roleplay and really good for multiplayer - I always take into account MP battles, if you played some with my mod you would be pleased I believe.
    Anyway I'll consider your request. Sounds fair.
    My Mods and Projects