Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD LINKS - The Elder Scrolls Total War - Patch 1.2 Released!

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Thank you very much. Now i can play this. It downloads at 1Mb/s
    Last edited by cenkiss; March 03, 2015 at 07:09 AM.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

A very early release with unplayable campaign (diplomacy bug) but fun custom battles.The units are awesome

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I forgot this was coming out! I will download as soon as I get home.

Do you have to do anything with the install of this game for steam because when I try to launch it it keeps crashing

Quote Originally Posted by ForBalin View Post
    Do you have to do anything with the install of this game for steam because when I try to launch it it keeps crashing
    Edit The_Elder_Scrolls.bat, delete the text, and replace it with this:

@echo off
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (
    kingdoms.exe @mods\The_Elder_Scrolls\The_Elder_Scrolls.cfg) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (
    medieval2.exe @mods/The_Elder_Scrolls\The_Elder_Scrolls.cfg) ELSE (
    echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW executable.
    )
    )

still not getting any luck with it

Does your installation look like .../Medieval 2/mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/<folders + .bat file>? Did you download the English patch?

yes and yes but I deleted that folder and replaced it after hearing it was broken

First impression: FINALLY a total war game about TES, only for that this game is already great but there's lot of flaws. First the map, huge but with a lot of empty spaces (strategically interesting, but aestheticaly boring), some textures look a little out of context, but otherwise it's a brilliant work. The units are good but at the same time disapointing. The game lacks a concise motif for the empire (with units from skyrim, mowworind and oblivion) and there's a HUGE contrast in the units quality, there's beautiful units (like the draught from the undead army) but really lame ones (empire legionaries, for example). Besides what already said, the gameplay of the game is a little bit boring in the first turns, while preparing the economy and army for the great war, it came sooner than expected (I'm playing with the empire) and I'm already engaged with the thalmor before the events of oblivion. That seems to be the great event of the game (like the storms of chaos from call of warhammer), while playing custom battles I could taste the overhelming strenght of the daedric armies.

Anyway, this is a great project but, as today, it's far from completed. I hope you guys continue the development, this games have everything to become a TW classic.

ps: The translation need an urgent update, as for now, it's borderline unplayble.
    ps2: maybe bad english

i cant download it its just sitting in my bloody mid folder and I cant figure out how to play the stupid thing please
    help!!!!!!!!!!!

Download it and put it in your mods folder. Then download the descr_strat.txt posted by Arandir Tur-Anion above and drag it to you data/maps/world/campaing/imperial_campaing folder. Now enjoy the main campaing.

Also, for those experiencing problems with English translation cutting off or non-existing (like in Diplomacy menu, etc..), go into your text folder and delete all files with .bin
    after their name. This will generate new ones, with all English translations (except for some other things like the descriptions of items, which the devs haven't changed yet).

Putting this here incase people have issues or didn't know.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you're actually using the English patch found here (moddb page)

Quote Originally Posted by capablecenturion View Post
    Also, for those experiencing problems with English translation cutting off or non-existing (like in Diplomacy menu, etc..), go into your text folder and delete all files with .bin
    after their name. This will generate new ones, with all English translations (except for some other things like the descriptions of items, which the devs haven't changed yet).

Putting this here incase people have issues or didn't know.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you're actually using the English patch found here (moddb page)
    That unfortunately causes a CTD for me when I create a new campaign. Could be because I've been translating some of the .txt files.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Hey my campaign does not start. Whenever i choose a faction and press start, the game returns back to main screen.

edit: the descr.strat file in the previous page and deleting bin files in text folder after putting the english transtlation made it work perfectly. There is no menu bug or missing text anywhere.
    Last edited by cenkiss; March 04, 2015 at 02:07 AM.

Always enjoyed the Elder Scrolls, so I decided to reshape history a little by playing as the Sixth house, Dagoth.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    With the Ghostgate taken (and the prophesized Nerevarine dead), the last defence against the blight is gone, now the ash creatures can pour forth.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Southwestern Vvardenfell now belongs to the Sixth house, with Balmora wrestled from House Hlaalu (whom I am now at peace with) with Caldera soon to join the denizens of corprus.

[IMG][/IMG]
    The warrior-poet Vivec now stands alone in this terrible conflict, and watches as the Empire lift not even a finger. The Godlike Chimer must raise a flag of victory here,
    or Morrowind will be at the mercy of House Dagoth, and descend into a newfound dark age...
    (On a side note, House Dagoth really could do with some priests.)
    Last edited by spam500; March 04, 2015 at 11:28 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutex View Post
    That unfortunately causes a CTD for me when I create a new campaign. Could be because I've been translating some of the .txt files.
    Just start quick battle ( or custom,...), and then campaign should work fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Just start quick battle ( or custom,...), and then campaign should work fine
    THANK YOU!

There are some English translations at the bottom this post:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/com...elder_scrolls/

The main campaign is not working every time I click start it sends me back to the screen with Main campaign, custom battle etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutex View Post
    Shouldn't be so, but maybe. Have you tried to use unmodified ones with the same process?

Also did you download the handy descr_strat.txt fix someone posted in this thread? Very helpful!

EDIT: Guess I was late! Sorry, didn't realize there were other posts
    Last edited by capablecenturion; March 04, 2015 at 06:42 PM.