Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD LINKS - The Elder Scrolls Total War - Patch 1.2 Released!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by ForBalin View Post
    The main campaign is not working every time I click start it sends me back to the screen with Main campaign, custom battle etc.
    You need download descr_strat.txt.

Does anybody know, when the gates of oblivion are opening? im playing as Tamriel Empire, soo im really looking forward to this

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Bravo, guys, bravo, very good modification. For the first time Elder Scrolls is coming into M2TW. I suppose this is an alpha version still, but i have some points.

1) Cities like the Imperial City are too small in size, to effectively play in them. I couldn't even move my units in it, because of the small distance between buildings. Also, this applies to city Vivec as well. I think that you should increase and spread the city in size, for easier gameplay. I couldn't even get my units at the walls.

2) In unit graphics, there is no consistency. Parts of the graphics are taken from TES3, TES4 and Skyrim. Units do not appear at part of a finished and polished modpack, but more of a packet of modifications "all in one". I understand that this is still early version, but i'd say, as an idea, to rework the textures, applying more vanilla game graphics and less from the TES series, in order to have some consistency in the modpack.
    Last edited by Darth Red; March 07, 2015 at 10:19 AM.

This is an awesome mod project! It is fascinating and excellent, I recommend everyone to play it and try it out.

Sorry but I'm the only one who crashes after the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Darken91 View Post
    Sorry but I'm the only one who crashes after the video?
    Did you check system.log?

But you can not figure out where the error....

log
    to= logs/system.log.txt
    Level=* error

But you can not figure out where the error....

log
    to= logs/system.log.txt
    Level=* error
    Are you using English patch?

yes, but it does not work

yes, but it does not work
    Delete .bin files in text folder, maybe that'll do it

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

A better english translation (90% translated) is coming tommorow on moddb. Maybe fully translated, don't know.

[QUOTE=Jadli;14402847]You need download descr_strat.txt.

Tried that now I get a ctd ahh I really wanna play this

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ForBalin View Post
    Tried that now I get a ctd ahh I really wanna play this
    Why you guys just dont check previous comments? It was said hundred times

here http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/com...elder_scrolls/

1) Cities like the Imperial City are too small in size, to effectively play in them. I couldn't even move my units in it, because of the small distance between buildings. Also, this applies to city Vivec as well. I think that you should increase and spread the city in size, for easier gameplay. I couldn't even get my units at the walls.
    Imperial City is WIP. We working on it.
    Why you guys just dont check previous comments? It was said hundred times
    It's clear - I will take it to first post.
    And now we working on first patch. For Russians it will be just patch, English-speakers will have full version with mod+translation+patch, because, as I see for now you have many problems with installation.

Gaming Emeritus

Soo, this mod is really amazing. Im now in turn 33 as Tamriel Empire ( still waiting for arival of deadras of Oblivion to kill me ). Im having war with almost all my neighbouring factions, but im still relatively winning. Im Morrowind i made an alliance with Tribunal and Redoran against Hlaalu, Dres and Telvanni. My other enemies is Clan of Crowned, Kingdom of Pelletine, Aldmeri dominiom and recently Skyrim too ( they will probably be very difficult ).
    So, AI is really good, units awesome, etc.

However, there are still some things what should be improved i believe :
    - Settlements cant be upragded (soo vilages will be still villages and so on), it sucks.
    - Falinesti has the same custom model as Imperial city ( in battle)
    - Economic and population growth should be more balanced and samely traedable gods and so on.
    - There is too many availible units in settlements ( for example in Imperial city is availible to hire 12 caracks, 9 battlemags,...)

Considering this is the first released version its really amazing amazing mod , and its fully playable ( just with some tiny bugs )

Soo

The campaign wont load up it keeps going back to main menu

Hi all, first and foremost even though it's only in it's infancy this mod is amazing! However I have encountered a problem, when I was first playing it would crash randomly but that seemed to subside but now i'm around turn 55 and it CTD's every time i try to load the autosave before the end turn or the quicksave i had ten minutes previous, but I have another save that's at turn 7 and that loads totally fine. I'm guessing that campaigns ruined but any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty94 View Post
    Hi all, first and foremost even though it's only in it's infancy this mod is amazing! However I have encountered a problem, when I was first playing it would crash randomly but that seemed to subside but now i'm around turn 55 and it CTD's every time i try to load the autosave before the end turn or the quicksave i had ten minutes previous, but I have another save that's at turn 7 and that loads totally fine. I'm guessing that campaigns ruined but any ideas would be great.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, that's probably not ''fix-able'', as you can't do much with saved games. In a certain mod, I experienced this and during my attempts at finding what it is, it turned out to be a certain faction's move (moors, in my case) which caused it to CTD. I have no idea what may be causing it to do so, but maybe the devs do! However, Restarting is probably your best move for the time being, but I could be wrong!

I think it might be scripts which cause it to crash, which might be able to be dealt with, but again, may be wrong.

There is also a patch that'll be released soon (I think) , so if there is nothing to be done, at least you shouldn't wait long!
    Last edited by capablecenturion; March 09, 2015 at 02:06 AM. Reason: FATIGUE :darn:

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

I am also having the CTD issue. Can't load my game anymore after the CTD that happened after the end turn

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Obviously a lot has been done so far in the mod and there is great potential, but there is also a lot left to do. Traits, ancillaries, settlement upgrades, buildings, economy balance, unit balance all need some solid work. Any idea when can we expect an update on the current version ? I would love to spend tons of time playing this mod. Keep the good work going !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

So i downloaded the mod and got The_Elder_Scrolls file, but it only has a data folder in it. what did i do wrong?