Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan made screenshots

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fan made screenshots

Those are really early WIPs. Ahiga is in the process of making new tunics and armours for the Picts, so they'll end up looking quite different. (Much better than those )

Thanks mate! love the work of these team! iīm waiting every update! =) fan of this mod!

Yeah, I don't have an up close one that I like screenshot wise at the moment but you can see a proof of concept for the new Pictish stuff here - not the Romans, of course.

Thouse roman soldiers...you finnally remove pilum from late roman units? =) if itīs this...so much Thanks!!!!

"javelins exchange. Weeee"

Right now they just throw the regular javelin, what you see there. There's a great deal of confusion for me as to what they were using as the pilum's replacement in the 4th century. We've got some great Late roman spears by imperator of Rome I will try and showcase in the near future, and I think it's possible some of them were thrown as it seems like this period had the legionary equipped with a spear they could use as a spear or throw. But the last time I remember making a legit spear into a javelin, it looked kind of weird seeing that gigantic spear thrown through the air and stuck in a shield.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

The Late Roman Legions of Herculani and Iovi, created by the Tetrarchy where famous for their use of the plumbatae mamillatae and plumbatae tribolatae, which had replaced the javalin or Angon. The heavy Pilum may have fall out of use as early as the late 3rd century AD by the time of Emperor Marcus Aurelius and replaced with the javelin and lancae.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Right now they just throw the regular javelin, what you see there. There's a great deal of confusion for me as to what they were using as the pilum's replacement in the 4th century. We've got some great Late roman spears by imperator of Rome I will try and showcase in the near future, and I think it's possible some of them were thrown as it seems like this period had the legionary equipped with a spear they could use as a spear or throw. But the last time I remember making a legit spear into a javelin, it looked kind of weird seeing that gigantic spear thrown through the air and stuck in a shield.
    Wou! thatīs a great new Ahiga! =) happy to ear some future updates! but i think the long spears of late roman army didnīt used to throw, maybe the plumbatae ( like Reno Meletensis said ) it would be more historic, any plans to do a plumbatae model? like you made with throwing axes of franks?

Thanks for this incredible work CRoC team, really apreciate that, iīm waiting to see this mod apropiate redone, you know how itīs gonna be the unique style for unit cards? itīs an important think, now there factions with bulldog style and others with vanilla style ( and anachronic units name )

another time thanks!!

And please team, Maximus specially...could we have the variation on shields in late roman units like on your screenshots? itīs more realistic ( maybe only for some units, look my avatar picture, itīs a good variation of shields)

http://www.unapicaenflandes.es/image...ana-tardia.gif

or at this awesome representation made by Angus Mcbride about battle of Adrianópolis

http://leogrin.com/CimmerianBlog/wp-...rianopolis.jpg

Itīs only an idea, thanks for made all of this possible! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    And please team, Maximus specially...could we have the variation on shields in late roman units like on your screenshots? itīs more realistic ( maybe only for some units, look my avatar picture, itīs a good variation of shields)

http://www.unapicaenflandes.es/image...ana-tardia.gif

or at this awesome representation made by Angus Mcbride about battle of Adrianópolis

http://leogrin.com/CimmerianBlog/wp-...rianopolis.jpg

Itīs only an idea, thanks for made all of this possible! =)
    Each Late Roman unit had its own unique shield pattern. Throwing various shield patterns into one unit would hurt history grognards. I am not sure if it is possible to use various shield patterns but limit it to one pattern per unit.

Did someone say Franks?

OMG, where is my archers? ))

So I remade some of the Historical Battles to feature CROC units/factions etc. Here's some aftermath shots of a remake of Raphia with Daia vs Armenia.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jesus that's vicious.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

well, that's what i call a mass.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I have installed this wonderful mod and and am having a great time. These are some of the pics from today with GEM fx installed also:

Last edited by SeniorBatavianHorse; August 15, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Did someone say Franks?

looks so cool, almost like a wheres waldo

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    I have installed this wonderful mod and and am having a great time. These are some of the pics from today with GEM fx installed also:

beautiful

@Maximus183
    @Avetis

Could you please also share your GEM settings? They look amazing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast