Thread: Football Manager

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Football Manager

I was surprised to see there wasn't already a thread for this series. Hoping there's some other members that are still playing FM, be it 14 or whatever.

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Football Manager

I return to 2012 now and again as I can't get into the new recent UI.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Aye, 2012 was the last I played and the UI was a big factor in that. Had a great game going last year with Hull City where I won the EPL something like 5 years in a row and the Champions League 3 times in 4 years. I lost the save when I got a new harddrive. I hadn't played in a while and wiped the old hardrive without backing it up. Maybe I can find some screenshots around though.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Well 14 was my first game so I don't have any problems with the UI. I've been keeping my first game going for a while now, in the early 2030s.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Think I was coming up to 2020 in mine. Carlos Fierro had something ridiculous like 600 career goals at the age of 25

Ja, been playing since CM 98/99. Most recent accomplishment being European Champions with Sporting (POR) in my 4th season, sealing the quintuple.
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

I've seen a Greek team, Panathinaikos, win the Champions League, and Real Madrid get relegated from Liga BBVA(I had bought Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka from them as Barca). I like playing Football Manager Handheld more, 11 to be exact. I gather all of today's talents, get them for prices 100k-10M at most, train them up, and have an awesome team.
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Ah i dont play FM since the 2010 or the 2011 edition.

The poblem with FM, it was the same thing as the old CM its great at first few years, then becomes boring.
    But yeah i dont play it for years now. No ideia what they changed since then.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

I havent played FM either since FM10. I spend most steam hours ever on it though. problem is that there were always other games that came out in that period of the year, and i knew that if i bought FM, i would never come to play those.

Still, there was almost no greater fun than raising a small club for decades. Almost brought chelmsford from Blue square south to premier League

If only this game wasn't "football" and was instead football... Or if they just brought Madden back to PC, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Skurvy5 View Post
    If only this game wasn't "football" and was instead football... Or if they just brought Madden back to PC, I guess.
    You mean American Football? No one cares about that.
    And no one knows the game outside of the US.
    But im guessing in the US might exist a similar game no?

Never found Managing simulators other then football ( CM or FM) being popular. I know there was a F1 managing sim long ago, but im guessing very litle people cared about it.

I wish there was a smiliar game in the US. The biggest problem is that EA and the NFL have an exclusive license so only EA can make games with all the players and such. And they are a terrible company, as we all know.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I love Football Manager - even played some FIFA Manager too - but FM has always been a loved series. Spent way too much time playing it but hey, we have fun.

Currently playing FM21 as Ajax Amsterdam.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!