Thread: Bug reports

Default Bug reports

Post here your bug reports, it's appreciated. (not the historical ones though)*

* not all events in the game happens on time according to the books, I am well aware of that. It is a compromise I made to make the game more fluent and balanced.
    Last edited by Rex Inanimatus; August 26, 2014 at 05:26 AM.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Default Re: Bug reports

known bugs/to-do list

- Reghum/Lillybaem/Agrigentum no levies recruitable
    - Tower arrows not lethal enough (spice up siege def)
    - mercenary/foederati building second tier has building restrictions
    - Gallaecia shipwright buildable but no sea access
    - Barbarian recruitment tier buildings ->building restrictions have to be removed
    - Suebian light infantry missile attack too low

These items will be dealt with in next patch/update (not scheduled yet) and will not be save compatible so don't wait for it.
    Last edited by Rex Inanimatus; August 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: added info
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

When i start campaign or start custom battle the game crash! say something like: sorry, go in log.

So after trying out EB2 for about 10 mins I decided to install this and play it instead . Everything seems to be working fine but I'm having an issue with the flags, I don't think it's a problem with RAeF per say, but I was wondering if you know what is causing it. I seem to remember this happening before with Vandalorum before. I Did a fresh install and then just installed RAeF on top. Here's a pic.

[IMG][/IMG]
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    When i start campaign or start custom battle the game crash! say something like: sorry, go in log.
    If it crashes almost immediately when starting a campaign or battle delete map.rwm. It is located in mods/IB2/data/world/maps/base map. It will be rebuild when you start new battle or campaign. If this solves the problem but it reoccurs next time you play the game, than it has something to do with MTW2/kingdoms files overwriting setting at game start.

Just let me know if this helps.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    So after trying out EB2 for about 10 mins I decided to install this and play it instead . Everything seems to be working fine but I'm having an issue with the flags, I don't think it's a problem with RAeF per say, but I was wondering if you know what is causing it. I seem to remember this happening before with Vandalorum before. I Did a fresh install and then just installed RAeF on top. Here's a pic.

[IMG][/IMG]
    It looks like to me that it loaded the vanilla banners instead of the ones of IB2 Vandalorum . That would make sense if those files would be newer than the one provided by IB2 Vandalorum. The core of the IB2 Vandalorum mod is done a long time ago.

What version of MTW2 and kingdoms do you run if I may ask?
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

I'm not sure which version, I bought it from Gametap, i think it's the Gold version it has kingdoms I also have the US version patch for it. The flags are weird I have 37 folders in my mods folder they all work fine, just the banners messed up everything else is fine. Also for some reason in the banners folder in Vandalorum there seems to be only vanilla Med2 banners, maybe that's why, the symbols.tga's are ok.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    I'm not sure which version, I bought it from Gametap, i think it's the Gold version it has kingdoms I also have the US version patch for it. The flags are weird I have 37 folders in my mods folder they all work fine, just the banners messed up everything else is fine. Also for some reason in the banners folder in Vandalorum there seems to be only vanilla Med2 banners, maybe that's why, the symbols.tga's are ok.
    Thanks for that updated info, that is useful info. It is a bit difficult to find which symbol is used where (ther are at least 6 locations). I will try something later today to fix it.

edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mv...symbolfix01.7z

Extract anywhere, and copy content in the data folder to your IB2 folder and overwrite all. Hope this one does the trick. Can't check it myself because I run an older version which does not has this problem, so let me know.
    Last edited by Rex Inanimatus; August 26, 2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added possible fix
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Thanks! now start!

Oh man, I figured it out, my fault, I changed the name of the IB2 folder to IB2RAeF and the descr_standards file was looking for IB2/data/banners blah, blah, blah, yeah I fudged it up sorry for wasting your time man, I really appreciate you helping me. I should have realized it when looking around the campaign map there were barely any resources.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; August 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

@ Antonio, tmtmtl , good to hear that it's solved. Enjoy your game.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

Just installed the mod and took a look at Attila in a battle, it seems the hunnic_officer model is set to use the
    Slav_spear.texture while the texture that'd work appropriately is mon_03.texture.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Just installed the mod and took a look at Attila in a battle, it seems the hunnic_officer model is set to use the
    Slav_spear.texture while the texture that'd work appropriately is mon_03.texture.
    Ok thank you very much for reporting this, I am just making use of the original models, unless it's a CTD fault. That sort of problem is a bit out of reach to me. I am sorry but I don't have the software to fix these sort of things, like the Huns wielding axes instead of short swords or large daggers.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

I could help you with that, it's not hard to switch weapons around in Milkshape. Maybe even find a way to make them look more uniquely Hunnic rather than straight up Mongols. But for that bug, the fix is just changing the lines in battlemodels.modeldb from
    Code:
    14 hunnic_officer 
    1 4 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/hun_office_lod0.mesh 121 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/Hun_office_lod0.mesh 900 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/Hun_office_lod0.mesh 2500 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/Hun_office_lod0.mesh 10000 
    7 mongols 
    51 unit_models/_Units/Huns/textures/Slav_spear.texture 
    58 unit_models/_Units/Huns/textures/Slav_spear_normal.texture 
    52 unit_sprites/mongols_Hunnic_Heavy_Cavalry_sprite.spr 
    5 slave 
    4 merc 
    7 mongols 
    47 unit_models/_Units/Huns/textures/mon_eq.texture 
    49 unit_models/_Units/Huns/textures/mon_eq_n.texture 0 
    5 slave 
    4 merc 
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 horse 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    8 elephant 
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 camel 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    into

Code:
    14 hunnic_officer 
    1 4 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/hun_office_lod0.mesh 121 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/Hun_office_lod0.mesh 900 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/Hun_office_lod0.mesh 2500 
    44 unit_models/_Units/Huns/Hun_office_lod0.mesh 10000 
    7 mongols 
    47 unit_models/_Units/Huns/textures/mon_03.texture 
    49 unit_models/_Units/Huns/textures/mon_03_n.texture 
    5 slave 
    4 merc 
    7 mongols 
    5 slave 
    4 merc 
    4 None 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 horse 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    8 elephant 
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    5 camel 
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    And just to be helpful, I did it and attached the file here. Put the extracted file into your IB2/data/unit_models folder. File: battle_models.rar

Thanks a lot , I will update this in 1.0. Also will change the issue for all factions because model is also used in one or more mercenary units.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Hello, thanks for the mod! I have a problem, it says fatal graphic error when i want to start a campaign. i already deleted map.rwm! any idea why this crash happens anyone?
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

The Recrutement report blocks the game after a turn if you click on it.