Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yeah, there are some very nice and realistic charge animations but they seem to happen only once in a long time, for example after playing RTW2 from day one, I noticed one great animation only few weeks ago.
    Could you describe the animation?

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

So is there a simple way of adding it for the interim, at least to the best we can for now?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    So is there a simple way of adding it for the interim, at least to the best we can for now?
    Sorry, but I don't understand. What do you mean excactly?
    Last edited by mester; January 30, 2015 at 07:49 AM.

To get maximum cool kill animations with minimum matched combat

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    To get maximum cool kill animations with minimum matched combat
    I don't know. Really. I'm sorry.

kruma's Avatar Civis

guys, after lot of trial and error here is a setting that look fine, pretty balanced between matched and formed combat

melee_formed_charge_matched_combat_percentage 300
    melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage -300
    melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage-300
    melee_matched_combat_percentage-300

+ add the line:

melee_free_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage 300

I am not sure if it does anything or not but i still keep it in my pack file
    Last edited by kruma; January 31, 2015 at 01:39 PM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    guys, after lot of trial and error here is a setting that look fine, pretty balanced between matched and formed combat

+ add the line:

I'll try it.

kruma's Avatar Civis

I noticed that quite some cool animations happen when an army is routing and the chasing forces charge them or kill them with the above settings

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post

+ add the line:

Thanks ill be working this in tonight!

kruma's Avatar Civis

Guys, please give some feedback if you also tried to play the numbers around?

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    Thanks. I' ll try to increase the amount of rare animations also but I will do it later because I will be on a trip the whole next week.
    (Quote from your main thread) Do you think you could do this for DeI as well? I think DeI removes some of the killing animations. I'd like to use your mod, add back in those killing animations, but make them less frequent in comparison to the current killing animations. Just want them to be there. I don't understand modding animations though!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    (Quote from your main thread) Do you think you could do this for DeI as well? I think DeI removes some of the killing animations. I'd like to use your mod, add back in those killing animations, but make them less frequent in comparison to the current killing animations. Just want them to be there. I don't understand modding animations though!
    I'll start modding again after a couple days because i am in a trip. I'm going to modify the animations frequency anyway. It was a part of my plans.

Great! Have a good trip.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

mester's Avatar Tiro

Great! Have a good trip.
    Thanks.

I noticed with this mod enabled Pike units will no longer thrust with their pikes, and they "wiggle" when in combat. I tried re-enabling secondary attack to see if that fixed it and it didn't.

mester's Avatar Tiro

I noticed with this mod enabled Pike units will no longer thrust with their pikes, and they "wiggle" when in combat. I tried re-enabling secondary attack to see if that fixed it and it didn't.
    I'm trying to make a new version now. Thanks for reporting that bug so I may be able to have it fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    I'm trying to make a new version now. Thanks for reporting that bug so I may be able to have it fixed in the next version.
    No problem and that's great to hear!

Seems like it isn't a problem with your mod, but with DeI. Not sure what causes it but it isn't a problem if I revert back to vanilla.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Seems like it isn't a problem with your mod, but with DeI. Not sure what causes it but it isn't a problem if I revert back to vanilla.
    I believe KAM mentioned in another thread why they wiggle. Something to do with how far they stand from each other or something like that. DeI changed this to remove the Rome I mowing everything down ability from them. Like a compromise. Have extremely OP pikes but no wiggling or have a slight wiggle and more balanced pikes. Bear in mind Im not totally sure though.

Any updates? I'm deeply interested in spicing DEI's battles a bit.