Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

Your "No Heart Attack Mod" on Steam fixed it for me. Brilliant. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=356646083

Can you or maybe Kam comment on the compability of his "Faster Battles" and your "No more Heart Attack"? I know that both are in conflict since they both alter the kv file thingy. Now the question would be, since your mod apparently only disables secondary attack, does it override any of the other changes kam made to battle speed? I run yours before kam's and before DEI now.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

Quote Originally Posted by student23 View Post
    Your "No Heart Attack Mod" on Steam fixed it for me. Brilliant. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=356646083

Can you or maybe Kam comment on the compability of his "Faster Battles" and your "No more Heart Attack"? I know that both are in conflict since they both alter the kv file thingy. Now the question would be, since your mod apparently only disables secondary attack, does it override any of the other changes kam made to battle speed? I run yours before kam's and before DEI now.
    It overrides only the matchesd combat percentage. You'll have the same amount of matched combat as in vanilla.

I see. Right now I've reverted back to running only your NmHa Mod because the game crashed in battle several times with both mod's enabled.
    I tried the V3.5 of the mod in this thread. While I like the general spirit of the changes, combat, especially single combat animations seem odd after charging.
    I should maybe test it again but it seemed that, V3.5 in comparison to the No more Heart Attacks, soldiers jerk and glitch around considerably more.

What do you change in animation table ?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    What do you change in animation table ?
    I changed all the charge animations (except of those that result with the death of a soldier) to end with battle ready stance.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

This is no longer compatible is it? Game won't launch when I use this now.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    This is no longer compatible is it? Game won't launch when I use this now.
    It is compatible, I have updated it. Five minutes ago I was playing with my mod enabled. It just doesn't work with the official mod manager only with Mitch's for an unknown reason.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    It is compatible, I have updated it. Five minutes ago I was playing with my mod enabled. It just doesn't work with the official mod manager only with Mitch's for an unknown reason.
    Hmmm. It was freezing on the splash screen when I used this mod. I always use mitch's mod manager. I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    I downloaded non-steam version, renamed it like @_visualbattles_dei (because it should be loaded before DeI) and it works for me with the official mod manager.

Senator

I installed the mod today and it really improves battle atmosphere for me without being too over the top.

Question: are the non-animation files in the mod important for the battle animations? I use f.e. my own projectiles file that differs considerably from that in the mod.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    I installed the mod today and it really improves battle atmosphere for me without being too over the top.

Question: are the non-animation files in the mod important for the battle animations? I use f.e. my own projectiles file that differs considerably from that in the mod.
    The only non animation file that is important for the animations is the "kv_rules" . It is for the increased probability of killing moves and for the absence of matched combat bettween formed units.

kruma's Avatar Civis

If i would like to make all type of animations more frequent (both matched and unmatched formation fighting) which lines in the kv i should edit? All numbers should be higher or? or if negative should be more negative? I notice that 80 % of sword fights even if units are ordered to not be in formation end with a neck or stomach hit. there are almost no heads or limbs cut off

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    If i would like to make all type of animations more frequent (both matched and unmatched formation fighting) which lines in the kv i should edit? All numbers should be higher or? or if negative should be more negative? I notice that 80 % of sword fights even if units are ordered to not be in formation end with a neck or stomach hit. there are almost no heads or limbs cut off
    You have to increase the 3 matched combat tables they are named melee_matched combat and then their names continue with those words (formed vs free, free vs formed and there is another which is named just matched combat), I think that by increasing the hit chance tables you'll have more limb cutting animations but also yo'll have higher kill rate.

kruma's Avatar Civis

ok, i will try. Some of those are negative, should i make them more negative or positive?

mester's Avatar Tiro

ok, i will try. Some of those are negative, should i make them more negative or positive?
    If you make it more negative you will have more frequent animations and still the absence of matched combat during a battle between 2 formed units. I fyou don't care about that write large positive numbers. I forgot also to write that if you want those random hits that most of the time is like soldiers are hitting the air you have to encrease the nuber on the secondary attack table to "1"

kruma's Avatar Civis

Thanks. And the one named just " matched combat"? it regulates what exactly?

So if i make the melee formed vs formed highly negative, i will have formation fights but with animations?

All others i can make highly positive as unformed units do not need to keep formation. Also, how about the charging i increased from 100 to 1000 and i do not see a striking change that I expected to see by 10 fold increase. Anything i may be missing there?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Thanks. And the one named just " matched combat"? it regulates what exactly?

So if i make the melee formed vs formed highly negative, i will have formation fights but with animations?

All others i can make highly positive as unformed units do not need to keep formation. Also, how about the charging i increased from 100 to 1000 and i do not see a striking change that I expected to see by 10 fold increase. Anything i may be missing there?
    The one that is named matched combat is a realy tricky one and I am still trying to find out what it does.

If you change the number of the specific table to a high negative you will have more of the short choreographies. You won't see those long choreographies that are consisted from smaller ones. And yes you will have formation fights, the number just has to be negative.

About the charge animations, some aspects don't change a lot after a specific number that you write on the tables.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, there are some very nice and realistic charge animations but they seem to happen only once in a long time, for example after playing RTW2 from day one, I noticed one great animation only few weeks ago.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

kruma's Avatar Civis

I tried adding a line in the tables called "melee_free_vs_free" with a high positive value but so far i fail to see if there is any use of it

mester's Avatar Tiro

I tried adding a line in the tables called "melee_free_vs_free" with a high positive value but so far i fail to see if there is any use of it
    I tried to do the same thing a few months ago and it didn't work.