Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

No luck yet, mester?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

I'm really sorry, I had no free time, but today I will send to you the link.

mester: looking at the kv_rules table I found a line I don't remember to see before: melee_matched_combat_percentage = 100 (in adition to melee_formed_charge_matched_combat_percentage, melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage and melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage we already know). Maybe it forces matched combat in some situations that the other three lines don't cover? I don't know, just pointing it to you, the guy who understand those things.

Doc Riedenschneider's Avatar Libertus

It refuses to launch for me. When I launch the game it hangs on the splash screen; any help?

Mod is not updated to DeI 1.0.

mester's Avatar Tiro

I will update it today. I fixed it yesterday, I will download it today.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Riedenschneider View Post
    It refuses to launch for me. When I launch the game it hangs on the splash screen; any help?

I updated the mod, Now it functions with the new version of dei.

Hi nice mode. Could you tell me about you changes in "DeI_kv_rules"

What each line change and means?

Code:
    melee_formed_charge_matched_combat_percentage    100
    melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage    -50
    melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage    -50

melee_hit_chance_base    30
    melee_hit_chance_max    83

melee_matched_combat_percentage    -100
    I want try to merge this you mod with slower battle mod for dei. This my merge mod will be for me, and i want to do that because you mod is not compatible, change the same line/parameters like http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Slower-Battles .

Could you help me?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    Hi nice mode. Could you tell me about you changes in "DeI_kv_rules"

What each line change and means?

Code:
    melee_formed_charge_matched_combat_percentage    100
    melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage    -50
    melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage    -50

melee_hit_chance_base    30
    melee_hit_chance_max    83

melee_matched_combat_percentage    -100
    I want try to merge this you mod with slower battle mod for dei. This my merge mod will be for me, and i want to do that because you mod is not compatible, change the same line/parameters like http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Slower-Battles .

Could you help me?
    The first line changes the amount of charge animations when 2 units collide.
    The second line changes the amount of matched combat (the choreographies) bettween 2 units which the formation attack abillity enabled.
    The third line changes the amount of matched combat bettween one unit which has enabled the formation attack ability and one that hasn't.
    The melee hit chance changes the possibility of the soldier to hit his enemy fataly.( It changes the kill rate)
    The last line does some strange changes to the matched combat. I haven't understood all of it's functions.

About the 2nd and 3rd line: By changing the number to a negative, as I've done, it keeps the short choreographies but not the long ones. It works with the 2nd line but not totally with the 3rd.

I have also changed another lines value ,the "melee_secondary_attack_percentage" ,to 0 . This one has to do with the amount of the animations that seem like that the soldiers are hitting the air. I removed them because the soldiers died because of these animation like if they had heart attacks.

Also: If you want more kill animations (that cool finish moves, like decapitations), use big numbers where you see negatives (like: melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage = -900 instead of -50).

Doc Riedenschneider's Avatar Libertus

Thanks it works now.
    Barbarian fighting is greatly entertaining. Great mod!

mod is now not full compatible with Dei 102 - Dei change something in projectile table Can you update it ?

mester's Avatar Tiro

I've taken out the projectiles tables because the new DEI projectiles have the same stats as they used to have in my mod .

Which version do I download now? Have all links been updated?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    Which version do I download now? Have all links been updated?
    All the links have been updated.

Thankyou Mester, big fan of your submod

Senator

Is it still necessary to use Mitch's mod manager? Are there any disadvantages when using it? Till now I used the Steam manager but I would like to try your mod.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Unfortunately yes, It's important to use Mitch's mod manager because I changed the mod's name in order to be loaded before Dei on stem mod manager, and it was crashing.

The mod doesn't show in Mitch's mod manager with DeI 1.02. Is it not updated?

mester's Avatar Tiro

It's updated. Did you put it in the data folder? Maybe you've put it by mistake in a different folder.