Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

I dont think it is possible to remove matched combat when chasing routed enemies. DeI devs tried this.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V4 fixed the bug which made units spinning like beyblades.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Sorry but it works with the official mod manager? Thanks, great ideas here!
    Unfortunately it doesn't even if I set loading priority before dei. It only works with mitch's mod manager.

hello mester, can I ask for a version with just your custom barabarian spacing ? cause I use some mods that conflicts with other files you changed. Thank you !

hello mester, can I ask for a version with just your custom barabarian spacing ? cause I use some mods that conflicts with other files you changed. Thank you !

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Iska View Post
    Here it is. Just the barbarian unit spacing.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/p5...n_spacing.pack

Thank you very much

If you don't mind me asking, what is the exact reason this doesn't work with the official mod manager?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the exact reason this doesn't work with the official mod manager?
    I don't really know. I'm trying to find out.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post

Venturing a guess that you need to control load order to make this load after DeI, which you can't do in official mod manager.

I'm able to use it with official mod manager, just has to be named so it comes before DEI alphabetically. So if you add a @ to the beginning of the name it will make it load before DEI. Using this you can have pretty good control over load order of any mods.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MrMassacre View Post
    I'm able to use it with official mod manager, just has to be named so it comes before DEI alphabetically. So if you add a @ to the beginning of the name it will make it load before DEI. Using this you can have pretty good control over load order of any mods.
    Thank you. It's strange, I tried the same by adding A to the beggining of the name and it changed position on the list of steam mod manager but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    I don't really know. I'm trying to find out.
    Strange. Well I redownloaded Mitch's mod, and gave your mod a try, it definitely improves combat and battles. Combat still feels slippery, but a major improvement for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    Thank you. It's strange, I tried the same by adding A to the beggining of the name and it changed position on the list of steam mod manager but it didn't work.
    Same here.

German Tribesmen (garison unit) lacks the barbarian spacing thing, as far as I noticed.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    German Tribesmen (garison unit) lacks the barbarian spacing thing, as far as I noticed.
    I'll look for it thenks for the report.

Can you upload a version with just the matched combat changes?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by spartanbits View Post
    Can you upload a version with just the matched combat changes?

I'll upload tommorow because here now is late night.

Wating for the update too. I would like if you could release a version with vanilla firing angles/arcs for ranged weapons; don't like the arrows always fired to the skies (even with target at 5 paces from the archer). I use a mod that do this, but it conflicts with your mod and I don't know what you did at the same tables. Just to be sure I am not messing with anything your mod do, could you put this at a specific version of your mod? Ah: I use the basic version, that don't messes with spacing (barbarians become monsters with it, surrounding the enemy from all sides, crushing everyone; it's barbarians way, but unbalanced).
    Last edited by Alexandre Lange; December 15, 2014 at 03:05 PM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Wating for the update too. I would like if you could release a version with vanilla firing angles/arcs for ranged weapons; don't like the arrows always fired to the skies (even with target at 5 paces from the archer). I use a mod that do this, but it conflicts with your mod and I don't know what you did at the same tables. Just to be sure I am not messing with anything your mod do, could you put this at a specific version of your mod? Ah: I use the basic version, that don't messes with spacing (barbarians become monsters with it, surrounding the enemy from all sides, crushing everyone; it's barbarians way, but unbalanced).
    I will do it, sorry for not updating. I have a lot of tasks as a student during this period. By the end of this week I'll have time probably.

Mester, just FYI I think the latest update messed with the animations table and is causing issues. There are terrible teleporting soldiers and odd animations noticeable most often when fighting armed citizens. Not sure what might be causing it, but just wanted you to know.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    Mester, just FYI I think the latest update messed with the animations table and is causing issues. There are terrible teleporting soldiers and odd animations noticeable most often when fighting armed citizens. Not sure what might be causing it, but just wanted you to know.
    Thanks mesthione. I'll check it and try to fix it tonight.