Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. New version with random unit spacing for barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    Yep. Worked a treat. Many thanks to you my friend, and no need to apologise for delayed responses, we all have lives outside forums.
    Your welcome.

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. New version with random unit spacing for barbarians.

Hi. The mod crashs when i use with divide et impera.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mazacraneos View Post
    Hi. The mod crashs when i use with divide et impera.
    Are you using the steam mod manager or mitch's modmanager? Because my mod works only with mitch's mod manager. Also, do you have any other mod running with DEI ?

Just wanted to give thumbs up to this mod... been using it lately and the visual effect alone of the barbarians NOT in orderly rows charging at my lines of roman heavy infantry is pure awesome!

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V3 with fixed charging animations.

I managed to change at last the charge animations so there won't be any matched combat after two units clash with each other.

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V3 with fixed charging animations.

Mester, do you mind if I merge some parts of your mod with my slower battle mod? I love the animation tweaks, and would love to incorporate them!

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    Mester, do you mind if I merge some parts of your mod with my slower battle mod? I love the animation tweaks, and would love to incorporate them!
    Of course you can use my files.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    Of course you can use my files.
    Here is a test version of the slower battle mod plus your animation changes and most of your matched combat changes. The main thing the slower battle mod does to increase combat length is change fatigue tables, double unit hitpoints, and increase projectile damage slightly to compensate (along with a few other modifiers). Your approach reduced unit hit chances, which works as well. I can't decide personally which method I like better, this was just the way the mod was changed by the time I picked it up and started modifying it.

If you want to do a slower version of your mod, I'd be happy to tweak the slower battle mod to serve as such once you have all of your changes pinned down and in a final version. Or you can just copy the missile damage column, the fatigue tables, some of the morale changes and also the unit hitpoint increases. Either way, I love your approach and I would be happy to help construct a merged version of a slowbattle/visualmod that only affects battles. I like many other mods out there but I just hate it when they start making major campaign or mechanic changes!

If you prefer to keep them separate that's no problem, I'll release a newer version of the slower battle with your merged changes once you achieve a release you are the most happy with.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bxbgj23vjjdr7ru

Thanks again for your work. I'll keep an eye on your progress!
    Last edited by Mesthione; November 05, 2014 at 05:08 PM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    Here is a test version of the slower battle mod plus your animation changes and most of your matched combat changes. The main thing the slower battle mod does to increase combat length is change fatigue tables, double unit hitpoints, and increase projectile damage slightly to compensate (along with a few other modifiers). Your approach reduced unit hit chances, which works as well. I can't decide personally which method I like better, this was just the way the mod was changed by the time I picked it up and started modifying it.

If you want to do a slower version of your mod, I'd be happy to tweak the slower battle mod to serve as such once you have all of your changes pinned down and in a final version. Or you can just copy the missile damage column, the fatigue tables, some of the morale changes and also the unit hitpoint increases. Either way, I love your approach and I would be happy to help construct a merged version of a slowbattle/visualmod that only affects battles. I like many other mods out there but I just hate it when they start making major campaign or mechanic changes!

If you prefer to keep them separate that's no problem, I'll release a newer version of the slower battle with your merged changes once you achieve a release you are the most happy with.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bxbgj23vjjdr7ru

Thanks again for your work. I'll keep an eye on your progress!
    I'll try tomorrow the version that you sent me because here is late night right now. I'll see if I can fix some things with the matched combat in my mod because I noticed that now there is plenty of matched combat between a formation keeping and a non formation keeping unit. So I would be grateful if you'd wait until Saturday because until then I believe I'll have checked all the possible ways to fix it and release a fixed version which I would like to be included in your mod. If I won't manage to fix it, you can use current version if you want. I will send you a pm until Saturday to tell you if I fixed it or not.

Sounds great! Looking forward to it.

Enjoying the mod as is, already have most battles last between 20-30 minutes (must be added that I have changed units per army @ 36).
    Kick ass.

Is this good piece compatible with KAM's faster Battles mod?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by student23 View Post
    Is this good piece compatible with KAM's faster Battles mod?
    It may conflict with the unit charge speed and kv_rules because he changed kill rates. which means that if you load Kam's mod above mine on the list of mod manager there won't be tha changes I made on matched combat and unit charge speeds.

mester's Avatar Tiro

released v3.5
    I removed secondary attack, the attack animations that made soldiers fall dead as if they were hit by an invisible arrow.

Here is the slower battle version, updated by Mester himself for 3.5!

https://www.mediafire.com/?rrlo3o2126tr87e

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

Im not sure if this is a bug or on my part or yours. When i use the The barbarian spacing mod(3.5) and they charge my lines the last view rows of barbarians start doing rapid 360 turns during combat. Is this me or the mod?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    Im not sure if this is a bug or on my part or yours. When i use the The barbarian spacing mod(3.5) and they charge my lines the last view rows of barbarians start doing rapid 360 turns during combat. Is this me or the mod?
    Which barbarian unit was having that bug? so I may test it because that never happened to me.

the Herthaganautoz infantry in the suebi faction (DEI)

I love this mod and want to use it to replace Ancient battle realism mod. My load order is
    _40movementrange
    UR MOD
    FLAM
    Divide_et_Impera096
    DEI_minor_citys_training.pack

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    I love this mod and want to use it to replace Ancient battle realism mod. My load order is
    _40movementrange
    UR MOD
    FLAM
    Divide_et_Impera096
    DEI_minor_citys_training.pack
    I'll test right now and i'll answer to you in 5-10 minutes