Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. New version with random unit spacing for barbarians.

Does the kv_rules dictate the matched combat effect?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. New version with random unit spacing for barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by loukylouk View Post
    Does the kv_rules dictate the matched combat effect?
    In kv_rules you can change the matched combat percentage, clashing animations percentage melee hit chance (kill rate) and many other things that have to do with the battle except from morale and fatigue wich have their own file.

Cool, thanks for your help. And great mod by the way.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

I find something ahistorical here, Elite Barbarians would be organised and would have formations, one thing you should do instead of making all barbarians disorganised, make the levies disorganised and with random spacing.

P.S: Don't trust the Romans
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    I find something ahistorical here, Elite Barbarians would be organised and would have formations, one thing you should do instead of making all barbarians disorganised, make the levies disorganised and with random spacing.

P.S: Don't trust the Romans
    I tried to do that at first but except from the elite units some low tier units in the game were still being organized like the sloxonez. So I found a way to have organized only the units that have formations as special abilities. I'll try to find a way of course to make the elite units organized.
    Last edited by mester; August 20, 2014 at 03:57 AM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

I fixed a little problem with the greek unit spacing caused by some numbers that i changed accidentaly, so I replaced the uploaded file with the fixed one.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

What file to change to just get the no artillery effect on javelins?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Slashas View Post
    What file to change to just get the no artillery effect on javelins?
    You have to open the dei pack file with pfm. Then open db and go to the projectiles tables and open "DEI_Projectiles".
    In the tables look for the shockwave radius of every kind of javelin and pilum and change it's value to "-1"

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Thank you! Been looking around and was looking for something like "knockdown" lol

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Slashas View Post
    Thank you! Been looking around and was looking for something like "knockdown" lol
    Your wellcome

nnnm's Avatar Senator

I don't rly dout that Gallic and Germanic people where that stupid to fight in such formation ...

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    I don't rly dout that Gallic and Germanic people where that stupid to fight in such formation ...
    I didn't assoume that they were stupid and maybe I'm wrong but I think that the tribes of the northern Europe didn't have any profesional army which was trained to keep formations or to fight with specific tactics. Most of the soldiers were vilaggers and citizens who were sent instantly to war. The quality of their armor and their weaponry was depended on their wealth because there wasn't any government wich would provide them with the necessary equipment for war, there wasn't any national army. For those who didn't like the mod with the barbarian unit's spacing I've uploaded a version of my submod which doesn't change the unit spacing. If I'm wrong please tell me, I want to know the opinions of the people who downloaded this mod.

I believe the way you have represented it is about as close as you can get to reality. While Romans painted the Celtic and Gallic tribes as simple barbarian hordes, they were actually a fairly advanced group of people; though nothing compared to Roman military power. Here is a wikipedia article about Celtic warfare: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_warfare It discusses some of the changes to how they fought and also has notes from J. Caesar during the Gallic Wars. The Gauls fought in a phalanx formation with spears, they had elite infantry with swords/spears that were better trained, etc. The way you have it with formation-using units sticking to close ranks and the non-formation using ones... the fodder really since they represent simple farmers and herdsman that have taken up arms... being a disorganized mob fits pretty well.

The mod crashes for me - aside from DEI, my only submods are GEM and Rome 1 Music.

The crash occurs on start up - I have tried turning off all mods excepting DEI of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Aethyr; September 29, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    The mod crashes for me - aside from DEI, my only submods are GEM and Rome 1 Music.

The crash occurs on start up - I have tried turning off all mods excepting DEI of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Aethyr, I tried the mod with gem dei and the rome 1 music mod and the game ran in my pc fluently. I have the latest version of Dei and Rome ii. Please tell me which version of DEI are you using, the steam or non-steam version? Because I use the non-steam version and it ran fluently, but I don't know if it runs well on the steam version. If you're using the mod manager check if you're launching the game with my mod over Dei in the list of the mod manager. And please check if you are using any mod wich is movie format that is loading no matter you select it or not. I want to help you and if anyone else who visits this thread knows the solution please post it.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I use the latest dei and it is the standalone version from the forums.

No mods are movie format, as I said it is only the two other mods which I have tried turning off too.

I have verified the games files on steam and redownloaded the latest dei file to see if it helped.

I have also tried all versions of your mod (even downloaded authentic mod to accompany the third version).

I am using the standard launchers mod manager, perhaps this is an issue?

mester's Avatar Tiro

You mean mitch's mod manager or Steam mod manager? Because I use the mitch's one.

Steam mod manager. I will download this Mitch's one and report back. Do I load your mod first or last?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
    Steam mod manager. I will download this Mitch's one and report back. Do I load your mod first or last?
    Load my mod over dei on the list. Sorry for delayed replies.

Yep. Worked a treat. Many thanks to you my friend, and no need to apologise for delayed responses, we all have lives outside forums.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast