Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

Updated the Combined version with KAMs Faster Bttles 2.0 .
    Last edited by mester; November 29, 2015 at 03:38 PM.
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

thank you, was waiting for this.

Can i request the cavalry units in this mod, instead of acting out matched animations attacking and defending against infantry when running them down when they routing, can we just have attacks? its kinda of weird having a cavalry unit running down an infantry unit and having one horse play attack, defend, attack against 1 lone survivor who just stops and faces the horseman.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by harry5518z View Post
    Can i request the cavalry units in this mod, instead of acting out matched animations attacking and defending against infantry when running them down when they routing, can we just have attacks? its kinda of weird having a cavalry unit running down an infantry unit and having one horse play attack, defend, attack against 1 lone survivor who just stops and faces the horseman.
    As far as I know, the matched combat settings cannot be applied on specific unit types. They affect all unit types in general. Maybe it can be achieved by making changes to the animations text files but I don't know how to do it. The changes that I've made to the animations files are smplistic and don't require any specific knowledge. I think someone had made a thread about changing the animations of specific unit types and some members of the DEI team told that it is possible. You can make a thread in the DEI section of the forum. I'm pretty sure someone from the DEI team will answer.
    Last edited by mester; February 05, 2016 at 11:15 AM.
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by harry5518z View Post
    i like the idea, i will see, what i can tinker for 1.2

Hi all,

If I just want DeI combat with the added blood and gore animations (and the barbarian spacing is fine too) which link do I download?

Also, is there a steam version?

Thanks

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ardgalen View Post
    Hi all,

If I just want DeI combat with the added blood and gore animations (and the barbarian spacing is fine too) which link do I download?

Also, is there a steam version?

Thanks
    Sorry for the late response. I have some issues with my internet connection and I can't be online most of the time.
    Every version has the blood and gore animations. By saying "DeI combat" do you mean the original DeI battle mechanics without the changes that I made on matched combat?
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Hey there I've been having trouble with getting this submod working. Ive tried it with just DEI and it still crashes on the splash screen. Does it work with the latest version of DEI or do I just need it in front of everything else. The other submods I have are the all diplomatic options, no public order from garrisoning troops, the music mod, and client state levies. I've turned all those off and it still doesn't work and used both download from here and steam. Thanks for any help you can provide!

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Hey there I've been having trouble with getting this submod working. Ive tried it with just DEI and it still crashes on the splash screen. Does it work with the latest version of DEI or do I just need it in front of everything else. The other submods I have are the all diplomatic options, no public order from garrisoning troops, the music mod, and client state levies. I've turned all those off and it still doesn't work and used both download from here and steam. Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Try loading the submod before every other mod by adding 4-5 times the symbol "@" on the submods name. It worked for me. If it doesn't work, please tell me.
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Did that. Did it with just DEI installed and running and it still crashed on the splash. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Hellenika mod I deleted recently. Maybe it modified some other files. Anyways thank you for the help!!

Nothing to do with Hellenika

Oh I didn't mean to imply it ed up my game! I love that mod actually, was just trying to figure out why I am having trouble with this submod when I shouldn't be!

Don't worry mate I understood you, just to give you a little break so you can discard Hellenika.

Question: I like very much having light barbarian units with a speaded out formation....Will this be implemented in 1.2?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Did that. Did it with just DEI installed and running and it still crashed on the splash. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Hellenika mod I deleted recently. Maybe it modified some other files. Anyways thank you for the help!!
    Did you try that with the non-steam version?
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Don't worry mate I understood you, just to give you a little break so you can discard Hellenika.

Question: I like very much having light barbarian units with a speaded out formation....Will this be implemented in 1.2?
    I don't know if they'll implement anything from my mod in D.E.I.
    ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Hi man! I love the ideas of your mod. I think that there is however a small bug. I think since I used your mod my hoplites and Greek Thureos speamen/hoplites do no longer have the shieldwall/hoplite phalanx ability. Also thureos spears and similar units to them no longer have square formation/hollow square ability..
    If DEI never gave them shieldwall/phalanx or square then I am sorry.

On a side note you are right about most Barbarian tribes not being very organized. For the Celts, most warriors would be an untrained rabble mostly equiped with spears but in huge numbers. There were only the elite warriors and noble's retinues that were very organized and very powerful. The same could not be said for the Germanic tribes however. Even though they were much more savage, brutal and had inferior eqipment compared to the Celts (for example they dind't accept trade with anyone, they lived mostly in rural communityes, forests or quite descentralized regions, they didn't have an advanced society with more advanced cityes and buildings like the Celts, they had a substantially inferior culture comapared with them and also they lacked in strong materials like iron and solid wood) they were actually very dedicated to disciplined warfare. Frequent invasions and fighting was to be had. As such they were acually more organized than the Celts in battle. They were actually very disciplined, they used decent formations and also used tactics in combat. It would be cool if you would release an updated version of your mod with Germanic factions with most of their units in compact/more disciplined formations like their more elite units. I think they only units that should have the random disorganized spacing should be their basic spear levies, their missile units and their bottom crapiest of the crap units (if there would be any). Also it would be cool if you could do the same thing for the Getae (Dacians) as during the reign of King Burebista they acually started traing their warriors (I guess that basic falx units and spears shouldn't have the more organized/compact formation). But because they dind't actually train their troops before King Burebista they should only have these organized formations in the Imperator Augustus Campaign when they are a unified kingdom. Same thing should definetly be true for the Ardiaei since they adopted hoplite warfare. I can't say if the same thing was true for the Thracians (Odrisyan Kingdom) but my guess would be yes since they were very close to the Hellenistic nations (especially Macedon) and also to the Roman Empire later and as such they adopted quite a lot from the Hellenic culture. Mostly weapons, armour, clothing but also apparently Greek was spoken at the court of the Odrysian king so I think that the Odrisyans should also be a bit more organized in battle? Another faction that I think should have more of their units organized would be the Galatians since they were an isolated Celtic tribe in Anatolia and surrounded by more advanced and civilised nations and they were employed as mercenaryes by many of them nations (especially Pontus and Egypt). Additionally when Rome made it's presence in Anatolia the Galatians adopted quite a lot from them and fielded their own legionaries (hence the fact that Galatian legionaries are one of their best units in the game). Finally, the last (I think) barbarian factions that should have this privilege would be the Helvetii and the Nervi. The Helveti were the only Celtic tribe that posed quite a big threat for Rome and actually did use shieldwalls quite effectively. I think that Caesar or another historian notes that the Helvetii were the only hope of the Gauls to be ruled by a tribe of their own blood and as such Caesar dealt with them first. The big competitors in the Gallic Wars were Caesar, the Helveti and the Suebi. Also the Nervi because they were a very disciplined and almost Spartan like tribe since they interdicted wine comsuption and were also influenced by their Germanic neibhours (they were also a combination of Celts and a few Germanics). They also refused any diplomatic relations with Caesar and they considered any tribes that were allied with him to be cowards that threw away their national pride.
    Last edited by Nichita; September 05, 2016 at 08:38 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112