Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHINESE VOICES SUBMOD (OUTDATED)

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 CHINESE VOICES SUBMOD (OUTDATED)

Mod Edit: Outdated as of v1.6. Made obsolete with v2.0 Release

Voices Add-on
    Description
    Actual (Chinese) people speaking Chinese that's relevant to what you are telling them to do! (Mostly)
    For now it's only on the campaign map and some actions don't have unique sounds, but it is definitely better than Vanilla European Voices.
    I'll eventually add Chinese commands in-battle as well.

Voices are from Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties Expansion.

Chinese Voices for:
    -Merchants,
    -Scholars,
    -Diplomats,
    -Assassins,
    -Spies,
    -Fleets,
    -Generals (voices change depending on level Honour/Dishonour),
    -Captains, (When no general is in an army)
    -Ladies, (Princesses)
    -Non-player factions all have Mongol Voices.

Install
    1. Add the text files to the Rise of Three Kingdoms data Folder and add the Voice folder to the data\sounds folder.
    2. Then delete the Voice.dat & Voice.idx files along with the events.dat & events.idx files.
    3. Then run the game and your generals, merchants etc should respond to you in Chinese on the campaign map.
    If your game crashes then go into the logs folder in the main M2TW and copy out what the System Log says and post it here so I can fix it.

Download (both files are needed)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hi...nese+Voices.7z

This is an important fix! Download it and replace the old text file !
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/vkokqk...ds_accents.txt
    You will need both of the above downloaded and installed.
    Last edited by Seether; July 11, 2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Updated

Default Re: The Emperor's Sound & Music SubMod

UPDATE: I found and fixed a bug with the accents and it will finish uploading shortly.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Can you make separate Music, Sound, and Sound & Music versions?
    Last edited by Seether; August 13, 2014 at 08:30 PM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Better then english lol but idk if i want the new music or not. Gunna check it out in a bit

It says Chinese voices for Generals, Merchants, Spies and Assassins, but those are definitely English voices with Japanese accents.
    Last edited by Seether; August 13, 2014 at 11:33 PM.

Civis

LOL why does it CTD the first time you start it but not after? thats just weird. After that first ctd so far it works, however none of the menu sounds work, the turn end music is gone along with various other sounds like building selection, quest,adoption messages etc. No in game battle sound for movement or any speech whatsoever.

I like the music from the original mod better, and the Chinese general voices sound more annoying then the vanilla English voices.

I like what your doing its a great idea, aside from the missing sounds im not overly fond of the ones that do work.

others may disagree, keep it up, you could be onto something.

*Edit- nvm the crash i believe is because it tries to locate the deleted events.dat, events.idx, Music.dat and Music.idx but after deleting the originals they don't exist for the new sounds until after first launch.

I personally recommend trying to get the sound files from "Romance of the three kingdoms" any of the series they all have good voicework and the music is stunning, I own XI for pc i could try to get the sound files for you and send them to you so you can see if it can be done.
    Last edited by sickNsane; August 13, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Thanks for the effort, some observations:

I provided updated sound text files
    - without them it will not compile correctly. On the other hand simply replacing the event and music files (once they are compiled) does the trick regardless of the sound text files of the person that downloads.

Question - if you replaced\added voice and generic sound files why is there no new voice idx or dat? Same with SFX? Please note: if there is no sound file change (only text file changes) then only the event files will change.

descr_sounds_accents.txt == voice
    descr_sounds_music.txt == music
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt == voice
    descr_sounds_generic.txt == SFX

General advice:

• Delete\back up all idx and dat files in the sounds folder before compiling.
    • Make sure all custom files are in the correct sub folders (requires unpacking of mod's sound files and moving the unpacked files)
    • Compare file size after compiling. Same file size means no change (unless changes miraculously used the same file size).
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

Shouldn't be a problem, I'll look at that today. I might also try to get Chinese VOICES from Age of Empires and upload two voice packs, one English Voice Pack, One Chinese. Not sure what to do about Computer accent/voices but for now I'll focus on user accents/voices.

Better then english lol but idk if i want the new music or not. Gunna check it out in a bit
    I'm making separate versions for each, so check back in a while.

Chinese voices for Generals, Merchants, Spies and Assassins, but those are definitely English voices with Japanese accents.
    Sorry, I meant Chinese ACCENTS. I know they are a bit....stereotypical of Far Eastern Accents, the character accents are really only a placeholder for the moment, there's literally about 5-7 sound files for each character that are used repeatedly, I might try and get Chinese voices from the Age of Empires Games, they'll be much better.

LOL why does it CTD the first time you start it but not after? thats just weird. After that first ctd so far it works, however none of the menu sounds work, the turn end music is gone along with various other sounds like building selection, quest,adoption messages etc. No in game battle sound for movement or any speech whatsoever.
    *Edit- nvm the crash i believe is because it tries to locate the deleted events.dat, events.idx, Music.dat and Music.idx but after deleting the originals they don't exist for the new sounds until after first launch.
    It is very weird, I think it is some error where the M2TW can't compile them correctly 1st time around, but it seems to work afterwards?

I personally recommend trying to get the sound files from "Romance of the three kingdoms" any of the series they all have good voicework and the music is stunning, I own XI for pc i could try to get the sound files for you and send them to you so you can see if it can be done.
    If you gave me the sound files then I could add them in. (If they speak in Chinese label them in English what they say e.g General "Yes Sir!", "Yes my lord?", "Attack!" etc)

Question - if you replaced\added voice and generic sound files why is there no new voice idx or dat? Same with SFX? Please note: if there is no sound file change (only text file changes) then only the event files will change.
    I couldn't manually compile SFX.dat or SFX.ix and when the game did it, it either crashed and/or some sounds didn't work. I also had to copy Vanilla SFX files over to replace the Mod's SFX files and put all My new sounds into the same folder as my new Music. I changed the text files so they read the new sounds/voices from the new directory. data/sounds/music.

Keep in mind everybody this is just A SubMod, and it's my first mod as well so I'll probably change it multiple times until I'm satisfied that it works and performs.

Blog Entries

I couldn't manually compile SFX.dat or SFX.ix and when the game did it, it either crashed and/or some sounds didn't work.
    I will check what changes have been done on our side and update the sound text files as applicable. It could be that since compiling some of the text files that affect the SFX have been changed.

Edit: no problems on my side.

• Extracted the mod's sound files and moved the extracted folders (sfx and music) back into the sound folder to ensure the correct path (eg sounds\sfx)
    • Deleted all dat and idx files
    • Started game

You may have made a mistake\typing error in descr_sounds_generic or a path\file doesn't match. Errors here are usually well documented in the log, that's how I fond the ones in the text files I linked to.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 14, 2014 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I will check what changes have been done on our side and update the sound text files as applicable. It could be that since compiling some of the text files that affect the SFX have been changed.

Edit: no problems on my side.

Extracted the sound files and moved the extracted folders (sfx and music) back into the sound folder to ensure correct the correct path (eg sounds\sfx)
    Deleted all dat and idx files
    Started game

You may have made a mistake\typing error in descr_sounds_generic or a path\file doesn't match. Errors here are usually well documented in the log, that's how I fond the ones in the text files I linked to.
    I'll have a look, that's the file were I changed end turn sounds I think, those sounds seem to work for me though. I tried to compile Vanilla Sounds AND new sounds in order to ensure I get all vanilla sounds as well, so it's possible file size was too big?

Blog Entries

Vanilla sounds will automatically be compiled provided you unpacked them. It works on the same file_first principle as all other files, but they have to be unpacked.

Step one - unpack sound files in M2TW\data\sounds and move directories into the right path
    Step two - unpack sound files in mods\my mod\data\sounds and move directories into the right path
    Step three - add custom files to the mod's sound folder
    Step four - edit sound text files
    Step five - delete all DAT and IDX files in the mod's sound folder
    Step six - start game

I love OP's choice of music for the mod, I would only suggest adding this :

It's just makes the battles so much more intensive.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 14, 2014 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks Gig, I managed to get it working. I'll upload the separate sound, music and Chinese accents files here. I'll also upload the new Chinese Voices from AoE3 I implemented in a separate thread specifically for itself. I currently can't edit my posts, so I'll have thenew updated info/install for this submod etc in another reply/post here for now.= until I get 25 posts or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I love OP's choice of music for the mod, I would only suggest adding this :
    It's just makes the battles so much more intensive.
    I agree, the song at around 15:35 is my favourite out of them all, it gets epic at around 17:30. I might make another music mod adding these tracks into the mod. (Original music would still be there)
    Last edited by dalapto; August 16, 2014 at 07:11 AM. Reason: <br> <br> <brrrrrrrrrr>

Blog Entries

You are welcome to participate in all the other threads, that should get your post count up quickly.

I was planning to do so, thank you.

Default Chinese Voices Fix

All of Christendom will be amazed at such a victory
    Actual (Chinese?) people speaking Chinese that's relevant to what you are telling them to do! (Mostly)
    For now it's only on the campaign map and some actions don't have unique sounds, but it is definitely better than Vanilla Voices.

Voices are from Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties Expansion.

To install add the text files to the Rise of Three Kingdoms data Folder and add the Voice folder to the data\sounds folder. Then delete the Voice.dat & Voice.idx files along with the events.dat & events.idx files. Then run the game and your generals, merchants etc should respond to you in Chinese on the campaign map.
    If your game crashes then go into the logs folder in the main M2TW and copy out what the System Log says and post it here so I can fix it.
    Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zg...ese+Voices.zip

This is an important fix! Download it and replace the old file!
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/vkokqk...ds_accents.txt

I'll eventually add Chinese commands in-battle as well.
    Any bugs, errors, problems report here please!

Submod threads merged. Please update your OP with any new content, submods, etc. as opposed to starting a new thread for each.

Can I change the name of the Thread?

You should be able to by editing the post. If you can't, I can change it for you. Either PM me the name or post it here.

I need 25 posts to edit :/ Can you rename it to Chinese Voices & Alternate Music/Sounds SubMod for now please?
    Sorry for any hassle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast