Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    How do I do that? I was under the impression Mitch's Mod Manager doesn't work anymore. It doesn't work for me.
    Thanks!
    Yes mod manager is not supported any more. Just put an extra @ or a number-letter so it could load higher than the other packs.
    For example @5reduced_movement-20.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

I've noticed some differences from dei pack (122g since 122h doesn't overwrite the table) and the files i've uploaded in october.

Here are the differences (table is: campaign_difficult_handicap_effects_tables >> _Dei_campaign_difficult_handicap_effects):

DEI
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MOVEMENT FILE

DEI

MOVEMENT FILE

Dunno if those are original mistakes of mine or if, during the latest patches, DEI team changed the values.
    i would like to ask to DEI modders if those values have an impact in-game, cause sincerely i do not know (the values are really different btw)

ps. for reading better the images take notice that in PFM i ordered the lines by alphabetical EFFECT

thanks guys (and sorry if i made a mess )

EDIT: i've checked the tables of the last DEI pack before the E.D. DLC (can't remember the progressive name) and the values in the movement images are the same of DEI's pack, so, luckilly, it was not an original mistake of mine but a recent change
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 07, 2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Yes mod manager is not supported any more. Just put an extra @ or a number-letter so it could load higher than the other packs.
    For example @5reduced_movement-20.
    I should've thought of trying this earlier but I tested it without running the official DeI 12 turns per year and now it worked. Incompatible I guess which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    I should've thought of trying this earlier but I tested it without running the official DeI 12 turns per year and now it worked. Incompatible I guess which is a shame.
    But it does work with the 24TPY. Odd.

Patrician

the file will always work if your load order is set properly, the question is which micro (or macro) settings it affects besides the movement reduction.
    There can't be incompatibility issues, i'm quite sure about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I've noticed some differences from dei pack (122g since 122h doesn't overwrite the table) and the files i've uploaded in october.

Here are the differences (table is: campaign_difficult_handicap_effects_tables >> _Dei_campaign_difficult_handicap_effects):

DEI

MOVEMENT FILE

DEI

MOVEMENT FILE

Dunno if those are original mistakes of mine or if, during the latest patches, DEI team changed the values.
    i would like to ask to DEI modders if those values have an impact in-game, cause sincerely i do not know (the values are really different btw)

ps. for reading better the images take notice that in PFM i ordered the lines by alphabetical EFFECT

thanks guys (and sorry if i made a mess )

EDIT: i've checked the tables of the last DEI pack before the E.D. DLC (can't remember the progressive name) and the values in the movement images are the same of DEI's pack, so, luckilly, it was not an original mistake of mine but a recent change
    I'm not sure about these changes.
    @Dresden will need to check this.

Patrician

I would like to ask something to someone who is more expert than me in PFM editing.

If i do a new pack like this (that extrapolates only the lines affecting movement) :

will it solve the overwriting problem or it will lead vanilla's DeI table to be ineffective?
    I've tried the pack and it works but i'm worried about all the other lines that are inside the table. They will still be active, right? It will just overwrite the rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range?
    It could solve any overwriting issue.

Thanks for your time.

Here is the pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/75page...ement.-20.pack
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 09, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

It should overwrite only the lines you used if it has its own table name.

In terms of those changes, yes we changed that because we moved multiple difficulty bonuses to scripted values.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Mod's creator is off for months. I think you'll be better with your own submod thread @Jake

Patrician

Thanks for your answer Mr. Dresden.

I did as you said, Greek strategos, now anyone can find the new packs inside TESTUDO thread.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...movement-range

Many Thanks to DonKannalje's original packs and idea!
    All credits to him.

!IT IS BETTER NOT TO USE ANY OF THE PACKS INSIDE THIS THREAD 'CAUSE THEY ARE OUTDATED!

Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 28, 2018 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Thanks for your answer Mr. Dresden.

I diid as you said, Greek strategos, now anyone can find the new packs inside TURTLE thread.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post15230234

Many Thanks to DonKannalje's original packs and idea!
    All credits to him.
    !IT IS BETTER NOT TO USE ANY OF THE PACKS INSIDE THIS THREAD 'CAUSE THEY ARE OUTDATED!
    Swell

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789