Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    What's the difference again???
    if you load this pack before other submods (like Dresden soft/hard-core) it SHOULD (not sure and can't test now) change the movement effect without overwriting other lines, just movement.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Next update I am decreasing our blanket movement in the mod from 30 to 10 to see how that goes (so it will be a 20% reduction). Obviously transports will be negatively impacted, but I want to find the sweet spot if we can for the main mod.
    That would be great. I really prefer reduce movement due to strategic micromanagement and because it's far more immersive with the 12tpy submod.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 14, 2017 at 03:11 PM.

Patrician

Next update I am decreasing our blanket movement in the mod from 30 to 10 to see how that goes (so it will be a 20% reduction). Obviously transports will be negatively impacted, but I want to find the sweet spot if we can for the main mod.
    Obviously gameplay is a matter of taste, everyone has his preferences.
    About reducing movement, I can say (as it has already been said by other people) that it greatly improves the strategic way of planning invasions and defence.
    Plus i didn't notice great changes about AI behaviours, it just still moves towards its objective, only in more turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    if you load this pack before other submods (like Dresden soft/hard-core) it SHOULD (not sure and can't test now) change the movement effect without overwriting other lines, just movement.
    So you don't need to make it compatible with other ones seperately, I see...
    Ι'll just use the one you made for hardcore and I'm also using the Hard Pop and 12tpy. I don't think I'll have any issues but If you manage to test the latest version you uploaded though, please let me know.

Cheers

Edit:@Dresden do you think this will work ???
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 14, 2017 at 03:26 PM.

Patrician

The pack i posted in #117 does not work.

It seems I'll have to learn how to add personalized tabs.
    I've always avoided watching Magnar's tutorials on youtube, maybe one day
    but not today

I assume there's a way to check for navies in the vicinity of your transports (for the supply system). Would it be possible to apply huge movement bonuses at the same time? So you'd embark your troops on turn 1, move your navy next to them, and on turn 2 they both zoom away?

Of course this wouldn't help the AI, but they're not in a rush to cross the sea due to supply concerns.

EDIT: Though now that I think about it, you could game the system by moving back onto land and keeping all the extra movement.
    Last edited by Kolaris8472; March 15, 2017 at 09:06 PM.

Could we have an updated release now DEI 1.2.1 is out of beta guys ???
    I haven't seen the creator around for some time, so anyone able and available to properly update it ???

Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 22, 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

No need to update, it should work just as before!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    No need to update, it should work just as before!
    Hey mate.
    Yeah I was talking mostly about a full update, like the one we talked about before.
    Separate movement points for every unit,witner movement fix etc...
    Like you did with your mod

Im not sure why but it doesnt work with the new version :/

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Doesn't work how?

I'm using the same table for my own edits in Data Venia and it works just fine in 1.2.1.

This is from Don's mod:

0 False rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range
    in_all_your_armies -10
    0 True rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range
    in_all_your_armies -10

This is from the main DeI mod:

0 False rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range in_all_your_armies 10
    0 True rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range in_all_your_armies 10
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Yeah I lowered overall army movement in the main mod in 1.2.1

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Doesn't work how?

I'm using the same table for my own edits in Data Venia and it works just fine in 1.2.1.

This is from Don's mod:

0 False rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range
    in_all_your_armies -10
    0 True rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range
    in_all_your_armies -10

This is from the main DeI mod:

0 False rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range in_all_your_armies 10
    0 True rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range in_all_your_armies 10
    Is there a difference between -10 and 10 values ?

Yeah I lowered overall army movement in the main mod in 1.2.1
    That's great.Yeah you mentioned something about it.
    Thanks for remembering it.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 22, 2017 at 09:10 PM.

Will this mod still work with the newest version of DeI? Is it perfectly stable as well?

Also, wants the double time stance for fleets taken away for a specific reason? I'm always quite flustered how fleets take just as long (when having transports) as land movement so I like the idea of it being added, just curious at what cost?

How subtle is the change in movement distance? I started a new campaign after installing this submod and didn't notice much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatse_Mare View Post
    How subtle is the change in movement distance? I started a new campaign after installing this submod and didn't notice much of a difference.
    I noticed it, for example as Rome when starting a campaign it takes 3 turns to get to arretium with a legion, now it takes 4 or 5.

This seems to work with the latest version of DeI. Movement points are reduced. Or do only some aspects not work, which I'm not noticing?

Yes it works. Just a start a new game. The changes are not save game compatible.

Many thanks to the author for this work!

Can you make a mod where movement is reduced by twice more than this mod?

Patrician

Here is an updated version of DonKanallje's reduced movement since I'm quite sure his files overwrites some minor effects from latest DeI updates
    It's quite a long time that he's offline so I'm updating it.
    All credits to him.

DeI vanilla movement range: 10 effect value
    DonKanallje's: -10 effect value
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4sjjb3...vement-10.pack
    as per requested by Hattter: -30 effect value
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h68jdo...vement-30.pack
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 15, 2017 at 08:32 PM.