Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - 26.01.2015

I started up a cooperative multiplayer game with my buddy, and we both had the same mods, I made sure of that.

We played our last game with the reduced movement with naval double time mod and it all worked fine.

But for some reason after booting it up with the edit you did for me with the artillery, it kept saying we were using incompatible versions. We unchecked it and booted it back up, and everything was fine.

Do you have any idea why the movement doubletime artillery pack would be multiplayer incompatible?

Barune's Avatar Miles

Did both you and your buddy use the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Barune View Post
    Did both you and your buddy use the new version?
    There is no new version of the artillery edit to the sub mod.

Barune's Avatar Miles

I meant are you both using the artillery edit. If you are and your buddy is using the original mod with no artillery edit that could be the problem.

I meant are you both using the artillery edit. If you are and your buddy is using the original mod with no artillery edit that could be the problem.
    Oh, in that case yes. We're both using the artillery edit.

I upload all the mods in my data folder into a usb flash drive and give that to him. Then we make sure the order is the same in the twc mod manager before launching.

Barune's Avatar Miles

Perhaps its because you changed mods mid campaign? Muti-player is particularly picky.

In an unrelated note, I've found a problem with this wonderful mod, not enough to disuade me from using it, but something i'm hoping can be improved upon when possible.
    I've noticed that while using Raiding stance, my army is unable to move at all, no matter what season it is.

my theory on this is that im guessing this sub mod decreases movement points by about 50% total, Raiding stance also removes 50% movement points.

I'm not sure on this but the stance seems to be detracting from the base movement points and not the new movement points thus causing you to be unable to move. I don't mind moving slower but not being able to advance at all makes the stance kinda useless.

Are the stances script based? perhaps lowering the penalty for the stance to 25% movement points would help? Any thoughts?

Perhaps its because you changed mods mid campaign? Muti-player is particularly picky.

In an unrelated note, I've found a problem with this wonderful mod, not enough to disuade me from using it, but something i'm hoping can be improved upon when possible.
    I've noticed that while using Raiding stance, my army is unable to move at all, no matter what season it is.

my theory on this is that im guessing this sub mod decreases movement points by about 50% total, Raiding stance also removes 50% movement points.

I'm not sure on this but the stance seems to be detracting from the base movement points and not the new movement points thus causing you to be unable to move. I don't mind moving slower but not being able to advance at all makes the stance kinda useless.

Are the stances script based? perhaps lowering the penalty for the stance to 25% movement points would help? Any thoughts?
    No, we attempted to start a new campaign with it. So that can't be the case.

I don't see any reason why it should cause issues with multiplayer in the slightest considering both other versions of the mod work just fine for multiplayer.

It has me stumped.

As for raiding stance, yes I've noticed this too.

However, you can leave raiding stance, move 50% of your movement, and reenter raiding stance on the same turn. It's an extra step to take, but it accomplishes the same thing as just moving 50% of your range while in raiding stance.

I am using this submod as well http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...les-18-02-2015

The mod manager says there is a conflicting file

db\land_units_tables\DeI_land_units

are they compatible and if so do you know which mod I should load last?

Is this compatible with DeI latest version? 1.04 I think?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

i'm playing that (with other submods) and have no problems with 1.04

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.1 - 29.10.2015

Updated for DeI 1.1

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.1 - 29.10.2015

Thank you! although the old version seemed to be working ok..

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Τhanks mate...

Thanks for the update!

Don, would also provide a link for the mod for DEI 1.05?

1.1 is just too unstable for me for the time being...

What's the difference (if any) between this one and Dresden's 4TPY Campaign Movement Mod? Does this mod reduce the movement even more than Dresden's or is this one compatible with DeI while the one made for vanilla Rome 2 by Dresden isn't? If there is a difference because one is compatible with DeI and the other one isn't, could you maybe reduce the movement range for agents too?
    Last edited by Gusten Grodslukare; September 30, 2016 at 05:58 PM.

None of my non-DeI mods are compatible with DeI, they are for vanilla.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

If I wanted to increase the movement a little more (I think it's a bit too much right now), how would I do that? If someone care to explain. Looking at it in PFM but don't know what to change. I guess I must change nearly everything for it to work correctly.

EDIT: I've found post by the creator explaining it to another person asking the same question. So, it's solved!
    Last edited by Korpjävel; October 06, 2016 at 08:11 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hi there!
    Some generous soul is maybe willing to import this mod in 1.2?
    I've tried it and it's not compatible.
    Mod manager says it does not alter any file (in 1.2) and in fact it does not alter movement.
    Tx.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta - 12.01.2017

Updated for DeI 1.2 Beta