Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Request] Historical reform dates

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default [Request] Historical reform dates

I know the reason why the reforms happen long before they happened in real life, it's because it would take so long to play until 100 BC for example.
    Still, it would be nice with an optional submod that changes the reform dates to their historical counterparts, for crazy history-lovers like me.
    I would really appreciate if someone who knows the certain dates and game files would do this.

Default Re: [Request] Historical reform dates

Should be simple. But keep in mind that, for example, the Roman Marian reforms, for it to happen at its historical year ( 107 BC ), given that the mod has 4 turns per year, it would take more than 650 turns. Sure you play a game for that long?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It would be advised to play with 1 turn per year or else your historical date OCD will ruin immersion in all other places since I think circumstances of the reforms are more important than their date.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Why not changue the years for the number of turns
    In the campaing map

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

If you read the Manual that we stickied on the main DeI forum you will find a guide on how to alter the reform settings yourself. It is fairly easy even with only a limited amount of PC knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Some people using DV and 24tpy though. Imagine that.

A 500-1000 turns campaign lol

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Well... Knowing that I'd get my reforms at turn 450~ gave me something to look forward to in the mid/end-game.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Well... Knowing that I'd get my reforms at turn 450~ gave me something to look forward to in the mid/end-game.
    Ιt's always good to have a more challenging mid/end game, when you pretty much steamroll everything.

But if I use 1TPY, won't that make other things such as the Roman "family tree" not work correctly?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't know there was a 1TPY version of the submod.
    Last edited by Eldgrimr; January 19, 2018 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    But if I use 1TPY, won't that make other things such as the Roman "family tree" not work correctly?
    I only play 12tpy campaigns. But I know for sure that Dresden provided a 1tpy version for the Historical Family submod.

Still, I prefer to play long games, so it would still be really nice with historical reform dates for 4TPY. If I get tired of playing the grand campaign I can just move on to Imperator Augustus. So I'd still appreciate if someone could make this submod. I remember there used to be one on Steam Workshop, but it was removed.

Still, I prefer to play long games, so it would still be really nice with historical reform dates for 4TPY. If I get tired of playing the grand campaign I can just move on to Imperator Augustus. So I'd still appreciate if someone could make this submod. I remember there used to be one on Steam Workshop, but it was removed.
    There's already a submod which enables reforms anytime you want them.
    It's not historical but you could enable it anytime.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 19, 2018 at 06:33 AM.

I know, but I'd prefer a submod that extends turns so that all the reforms happen on their historical dates, even for the AI. I'd do it myself, but I only know the dates for the Marian reform, while there are several reforms for several factions.

I know, but I'd prefer a submod that extends turns so that all the reforms happen on their historical dates, even for the AI. I'd do it myself, but I only know the dates for the Marian reform, while there are several reforms for several factions.
    I did a quick search from my phone with no historical results. I'll check it again later.

I bet you haven't finished one or barely finished a couple of campaigns then

Guilty as charged, I have 500+ hours of Rome 2 but I have never finished a single campaign. But hey, at least I'm having fun! Historical accuracy beats convenience in my opinion.

+4000 hours and a good bunch of campaign finished including all dlcs (except IA wich I dislike), some even repeated, like Ptolemaics or makedon in GC, and at least 3 finished using DeI in the past year: Epirus, Seleucids and Ptolemaics.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    Should be simple. But keep in mind that, for example, the Roman Marian reforms, for it to happen at its historical year ( 107 BC ), given that the mod has 4 turns per year, it would take more than 650 turns. Sure you play a game for that long?
    It is obviously too much as term of gameplay. Still @Eldgrimr has got a point since the reforms happen too early in current DeI and those did not match the circumstances. In my campaign, AI rome faction aleady reach the Marian reforms, despite of that they even do not start Punic war in the year of 240 BC. We should consider both the realism (hence the immersion) and gameply. It is start with pointing out that rome 2 have their own years and the circumstances since it is What if history game. Therefore It is not good idea sticking to specific years. Rather it should stick to the circumstances in the game. For example the Marian reforms should begin with The war between Germanic tribes and Romans. It would be even better adding crushing defeat of the roman as conditional statement if the script allow it technically. (of course Empire Levels too) The same goes for The polybian reform In that case with the punic war.
    Last edited by ragnar23; January 19, 2018 at 10:58 PM.

I'm gonna create a submod now that I have sufficient knowledge about the Roman reforms. I'm just wondering if anyone here knows what the correct years for the other factions' reforms (Greek, Carthaginian, etc.), so I could change that too. It would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast