Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patch News for version 1.0

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Patch News for version 1.0

Having grey for rebel banners is more a matter of TW tradition then anything else. Obviously it can be changed - if only for the wtf moment when you realize those cute orange\brown guys are not your allies but actually the rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Having grey for rebel banners is more a matter of TW tradition then anything else. Obviously it can be changed - if only for the wtf moment when you realize those cute orange\brown guys are not your allies but actually the rebels.
    you make them rebel sound so cute

thanks for the great patch! looking forward more updates

i say make them neon pink or rainbow lol that would be a wtf moment lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    i say make them neon pink or rainbow lol that would be a wtf moment lol
    if they were, u would surrender without a fight because they are too bizarre and you afraid they might effect the army morale

in the near future, can we have both option of infantry and archer generals? this way if we opt for general we get the infantry general, armor uniform model , and if we want ministers we get the black robe with a cap on like those you find in rebel settlement based on the 1994 rotk series han minister. I think they look awesome and I prefer having a unit like that hold the seal to a city rather than a general.

also I dont think cavalry units are as strong as before, but I cant find these changes in the gameplay notes, but they definitely gotten a lot weaker and cavalry general I would rate them even weaker than infantry since cavalry has 18 units, infantry has 48/58. i lost 2 general cavalry unit, zhou cang, liu feng to a single county spearman unit
    Last edited by cheesegrader; August 12, 2014 at 03:43 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

General battle models don't work like that. The standard battle model is the one with the black steel armor; the only way you can have a different battle model is either at the start of the campaign (assigned in descr_strat) or when you spawn a new character via script. Archer generals typically wear robes right now because the character is assigned both that battle model and Archer buqu in descr_strat, which only affects the start of the campaign. So a character's battle model does not correlate with their traits or bodyguard unit after the start of the campaign. And it is doubtful that there will be both Infantry and Archer generals available, as the recruitment of generals is meant solely for the benefits of the character to your clan.

Cavalry are meant for flanking, overrunning soft targets (archers, peasants), and hit-and-run attacks. Cavalry aren't meant for extended melee; no cavalry in history was meant for that. In vanilla and other Middle Age-related mods you can get away with it, because of chain and plate armors and shields of the knights (along with stats that make them unrealistic tanks); Chinese cavalrymen are far less armored. So if you need to use your cavalry, any of them, for combat: charge in, pull back, rinse and repeat.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    General battle models don't work like that. The standard battle model is the one with the black steel armor; the only way you can have a different battle model is either at the start of the campaign (assigned in descr_strat) or when you spawn a new character via script. Archer generals typically wear robes right now because the character is assigned both that battle model and Archer buqu in descr_strat, which only affects the start of the campaign. So a character's battle model does not correlate with their traits or bodyguard unit after the start of the campaign. And it is doubtful that there will be both Infantry and Archer generals available, as the recruitment of generals is meant solely for the benefits of the character to your clan.

Cavalry are meant for flanking, overrunning soft targets (archers, peasants), and hit-and-run attacks. Cavalry aren't meant for extended melee; no cavalry in history was meant for that. In vanilla and other Middle Age-related mods you can get away with it, because of chain and plate armors and shields of the knights (along with stats that make them unrealistic tanks); Chinese cavalrymen are far less armored. So if you need to use your cavalry, any of them, for combat: charge in, pull back, rinse and repeat.
    yea I use cavalry for mostly flanking from the sides, while infantry are moving toward the enemies, just sucks even rebel county spearman killed two of my limited cavalry generals.
    sorry dont got better picture, but i organized my troops into a open end formation, leading them using a infantry general, and cavalry general for the cavalry shock troops. but when a cavalry get just close to touching they get clingy -_-

oh not sure about the new patch, but in the 1.0 unpatch the AI only build if they arent strong enough to attack, and they are surrounded by strong faction, but are neutral, or ally in standing. I think this has to do with a lot of hostility in the beginning since each faction is at war with somebody, and each settlement is kinda close so they muster a lot of troops just to wipe each other out so they dont focus on building. since around 300 turns ( highest i gone so far) only 5 faction left including myself and since I sorta brought all the cities that border from one another ( i rather buy it since everyone is bankrupt), giving them loads of cash is when they start building roads and improving settlements.
    Last edited by cheesegrader; August 12, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

So I have a few questions in the next patch will there be events where Zhang Liao, Zhang he, Pang De etc. join the Cao faction because they were really important generals. By the way love this mod I really like the Three Kingdoms era and you guys really bring the history to it thanks so much for putting so much work in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloIII View Post
    So I have a few questions in the next patch will there be events where Zhang Liao, Zhang he, Pang De etc. join the Cao faction because they were really important generals. By the way love this mod I really like the Three Kingdoms era and you guys really bring the history to it thanks so much for putting so much work in this mod.
    It's interesting that you brought that up, because we are currently working on the Cao Clan missions script. There will be a lot of events but, to answer your question, there will be events to get Zhang Liao, Zhang He, and Pang De throughout the course of the missions.

Civis

Yea I like the idea of being able to get all the famous generals of your faction that dont start off with you.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

I usually just try to bribe them, Taichi Ci seems to accept easily when you play as Sun Ce, too bad he loses his unique model.
    Last edited by Yuko; August 12, 2014 at 04:39 PM.

Any time after you bribe him (as the Sun Clan):
    - Select him and have him outside a settlement
    - Open console with "~"
    - In console type: give_trait this TaishiChi 1

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

ooo thanks a ton!

Blog Entries

I was under the opinion that this line in descr_campaign_db would prevent the switching of battle models:
    <clear_battle_models_on_new_faction bool="false"/>
    Or maybe the 'switch' has to be "true"? (have my doubts)

If you are talking about the STRAT models then it's a matter of trait (level) only as Seether is implying.

Yep, Yuko and I were just referring to strat model.

Shanyue mountains lacks an ancillary governor/magistrait/etc. either that or it's assigned to the wrong settlement

All of the "barbarian" settlements lack a governor ancillary.

Civis

Ancillary? What is it like recruiting/building etc?

Blog Entries

It's the principle of advisers to the ruler. Effects are like with traits, limited to 8 per character and with pictures

Blog Entries

New patch issued

Version 1.2.019 - 16TH SEPTEMBER 2014
    - Reworked all unit sprites
    - Nerfed success rate of assassins
    - Reworked Fealty traits in light of bribery being over-powered
    - Overhauled character Fealty traits in descr_strat
    - Reduced chance of Fealty trait gains via Personal Goal
    - Nerfed chance of AI Fealty/Loyalty loss (bribing not as easy)
    - Updated Mild and Severe Winter event pictures and text (thanks Voice of Treason)
    - Added trigger for Taishi Ci to receive custom strat model if he joins Sun Clan
    - Added trigger for Zhang Liao to receive custom strat model in he joins Cao Clan
    - Several units recoloured
    - Disabled siege buildings in EDB
    - Modified a few triggers in EDA due to 'removal' of catapult_range from EDB
    - Made some population edits in descr_strat
    - Lowered low-end pop thresholds in EDSM
    - Updated a bunch of event pictures
    - Added banner bearers
    - Fixed some minor script stuff
    - Updated map_heights (battle field improvement)
    - Fixed some missing unit textures
    Last edited by Seether; September 15, 2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Edit to Changelog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast