Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ideas/Suggestions

Civis

Default Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Dex-starr View Post
    For the walls, I was thinking why not have the camera zoom in on the general unit/artillery unit/any unit when the wall 'breaks' then just put a hole in the wall after the cut. No damage on the wall prior, if you can, include rubble, if not, screw it. It may be tacky as hell, but at least it could serve as a placeholder until you get the animation.

It could work, may sacrifice a little bit of "Prettyness" but being able to punch holes into a fort anywhere i see fit has alwas been one of my primary strategies.

On a side note, did you find anything useful in that auto resolve table from ss gig?

naddum's Avatar Libertus

I absolutely love this mod - probably my favourite out there. Awesome work guys!
    i have a few suggestions, if you are interested.
    1) Chinese language voicemod. The vanilla voices are a little out of place, esp when they refer to vanilla places / religions / etc.
    2) playable and accurate xiong nu, xianbei, wuhuan, and goguryeo factions would be a pretty interesting addition
    apologies if these have already been covered!

great work guys :-)
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by naddum View Post
    1) Chinese language voicemod. The vanilla voices are a little out of place, esp when they refer to vanilla places / religions / etc.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Sounds-Add-on
    Not entirely complete (due to lack of variation in what they say) but you'll hear Chinese in HQ, with a different voice for each character/agent/general etc. It's definitely better than Vanilla voices IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by naddum View Post
    2) playable and accurate xiong nu, xianbei, wuhuan, and goguryeo factions would be a pretty interesting addition
    I think they can't add anymore factions due to a faction limit - but I'm not sure...
    I think most of these factions are just rebels in-game - but it would be interesting to see some playable non-Han factions despite it being a Han Chinese mod.

I haven't played this mod but here's a idea. For those factions that don't have characters in dynasty warriors you can just custom make them and upload it as a regular character. I'd also like to ask what is the custom character model limit per faction? I think I've heard that te limit is 9 but I'm not sure.

Supposedly me this is Gongsun Zan weilding Liu Bei's twin swords

Sorry you can't see pic and I can't find a way to edit that part off lol

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If you have a look into descr_characters you will see that we have already used most slots for custom characters on the strat map, Example CaoCao faction:

Code:
    strat_model        new_han_general        ; 0 = named character
    strat_model        minguangjiangjun       ; 1 = heir
    strat_model        sg_sm_qtsl_general     ; 2 = faction leader
    strat_model        caoren                 ; 3
    strat_model        ZhangLiao              ; 4
    strat_model        XiaHouYuan             ; 5
    strat_model        XiaHouDun              ; 6
    strat_model        XuChu                  ; 7
    strat_model        XuHuang                ; 8 
    strat_model        Ls_simayi_general      ; 9 
    strat_model        CaoCao                 ; 10
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 13, 2014 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If you have a look into descr_characters you will see that we have already used most slots for custom characters on the strat map, Example CaoCao faction:

Code:
    strat_model        new_han_general        ; 0 = named character
    strat_model        minguangjiangjun       ; 1 = heir
    strat_model        sg_sm_qtsl_general     ; 2 = faction leader
    strat_model        caoren                 ; 3
    strat_model        ZhangLiao              ; 4
    strat_model        XiaHouYuan             ; 5
    strat_model        XiaHouDun              ; 6
    strat_model        XuChu                  ; 7
    strat_model        XuHuang                ; 8 
    strat_model        Ls_simayi_general      ; 9 
    strat_model        CaoCao                 ; 10
    Nice got all the good characters on there. It's 8 then, I hope you didn't use the Dynasty Warriors model for Xu Chu. Would be odd seeing a big fat guy with a huge weapon on a horse lol.

This is what I'd guess to be the custom model rosters for Shu and Wu...

Wu:
    Sun Quan
    Zhou Yu
    Zhou Tai
    Lu Meng
    Lu Xun
    Huang Gai
    Taishi Ci
    Sun Ce

Shu:

Liu Bei
    Guan Yu
    Zhang Fei
    Zhuge Liang
    Huang Zhong
    Ma Chao
    Zhao Yun
    Wei Yan

I've only seen the models of the 3 brothers, Zhuge Liang, and Zhao Yun through the wise coffins LP. So far I have to say its looking really good and 8 slots is enough to get those important characters for each faction on there.

I'm sure this has been talked about to death but one thing I'd like is for trade to not hit as hard by large empires, keeping a percentage of the trade I would get would be nice (like you only get 35% of the trade income you would otherwise). Since, the 0 trade hits medium to large sized empires a bit too hard. Merchants not getting any money for trading goods is also a bit disappointing.

Also, it would be cool if you could give a substantial trade bonus for having control of all of the cities involved in the silk road.

Are the Mongolic tribes the Xianbei and Wuhuan in the mod? The Wuhuan helped the Yuan Clan face a common enemy in Gongsun Zan and when Yuan Shao's sons had no where to go the Wuhuan took the Yuans in and rebelled against Cao Cao and they were defeated at the battle of white wolf mountain. They were used as mercenaries basically at the Yuan Clans disposal.

The Xianbei were allies to Wei until the state thought the Xianbei leader Kebening was gaining too much power and while Kebening was campaigning against his rival Xianbei counterparts Wei raided the defenseless lands of Kebening and hostilities went on from there. Kebening constantly raided Wei's northern provinces but on one occasion Wei hired Kebening to invade Shu around the time of the Nanman revolts but the Xianbei never engaged in battle because they would have to face Ma Chao. So they took the money and left. I don't remember well but I think the Xianbei also helped on one of Zhuge Liang's northern expeditions (correct me if I'm wrong).

It'd be very cool to make the Wuhuan and Xianbei individual factions (if its possible) or have them as just 1 faction. Also will Shamoke be featured on the Shu missions when Liu Bei invades Wu?

might as well add Fu Rong( Fu Tong) during occupation of Shu, or his son after taking tian shui since after that time only a few generals made notable differences.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

....any thoughts of this coming over to RTW2...

so glad this mod got its upgrade and release i played the beta tilll my eyeballs bled.LOL

kudos to the team ....BRILLIANT WORK

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Without being able to mod the map it doesn't make sense to port to R2. One of these days...?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Has there been thought of introducing a Three Kingdoms campaign? As in a campaign where the Kingdoms of Wu, Shu and Wei are established as they battle it out for supremacy?
    Was also wondering if its possible to script things for the AI so that they follow some sense of historical accuracy for instance having an AI Liu Bei fleeing to Xiang Yang etc...

Oh and LOVE THE MOD! Its brilliant! Thx Gig, you're a bloody TWC hero!
    Last edited by isa0005; December 02, 2014 at 04:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. At the moment the team is taking a break due to real life commitments but we will add this to the list of possible projects.

I would advise making the river wider, as especially around Jian Xia and Jiang Ling it becomes a bottleneck and I often have to kill people just to get through.

Really enjoying playing it, way more than HanZhiShang! The town descriptions, the biographies, everything is very detailed!

Now, I have two suggestions:
    1. When not playing the Liu house, the player should get the option of having Liu already starting in JingZhou, or either a custom campaign could have him already there. The thing is, unless you play as Liu Bei, Shu Han will never be were it was historically, and Cao Wei will have to face one more strong oponent, hindering its development.
    2. The Di, Qiang, Wuhuan, Xianbei, Xiongnu and Jie factions could be real factions, really, you got the needed units and you got the characters covered, it's just a matter of assigning them to the right faction slots. This is historically accurate, as Yuan Shao for example was allied to the Wuhuan and Cao Cao was their lord later. If they are rebels such interaction is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Really enjoying playing it, way more than HanZhiShang! The town descriptions, the biographies, everything is very detailed!

Now, I have two suggestions:
    1. When not playing the Liu house, the player should get the option of having Liu already starting in JingZhou, or either a custom campaign could have him already there. The thing is, unless you play as Liu Bei, Shu Han will never be were it was historically, and Cao Wei will have to face one more strong oponent, hindering its development.
    2. The Di, Qiang, Wuhuan, Xianbei, Xiongnu and Jie factions could be real factions, really, you got the needed units and you got the characters covered, it's just a matter of assigning them to the right faction slots. This is historically accurate, as Yuan Shao for example was allied to the Wuhuan and Cao Cao was their lord later. If they are rebels such interaction is not possible.

If you did this with a custom campaign, then it would probably start in 206 or so, when Liu Bei was governor of Xin Ye, I think this is also the year he went and visited Zhuge Liang three times.

could we add more unalignment generals? beside started and event given officers, there is plenty of qualities officers. for infantry general is it possible to give a infantry general model just the general riding a horse the rest are melee?

Blog Entries

Unfortunately you can't mix infantry and cavalry where officers are concerned.

I am not sure what you mean with the unaligned officers.

the faction that is unalign with officers such as zhuge liang, pang tong and etc etc. possible we could get some more officers like that? keep up the good work! i am gonna spend roughly 90% of my break playing this mod