Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ideas/Suggestions

Civis

Icon5 Ideas/Suggestions

I remember in Romance of the three kingdoms 4 you could negotiate with the barbarians and get them to attack enemy's for you,

I think it would be a cool idea if you could implement limited diplomacy with the barbarian/Bandit Factions to, for example, request that they attack a certain faction for so many turns etc and pay them a certain amount etc maybe like

Offer-$5000

Demand-attack faction for X amount of turns

you could always bribe the stack to make them yours but that costs way more then simply hiring them temporarily,

Would this be possible to do?
    Last edited by Seether; August 09, 2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Merged and renamed thread

Civis

Icon5 Yellow Turban Agitators

This is my third post in a few minutes so im gonna wait a few days to post anything else lol, Anyway i had another idea

Rebel agents, Agitators with yellow turban faith that just wander trying to cause revolts randomly, but a successful revolt or rebellion would result in the resurrection of the yellow turban as an AI faction.

Seems like it could make things interesting.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Temporary bandit ally's>?

Merging into a general "Ideas/Suggestions" thread
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yellow Turban Agitators

Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    I remember in Romance of the three kingdoms 4 you could negotiate with the barbarians and get them to attack enemy's for you,

I think it would be a cool idea if you could implement limited diplomacy with the barbarian/Bandit Factions to, for example, request that they attack a certain faction for so many turns etc and pay them a certain amount etc maybe like

Offer-$5000

Demand-attack faction for X amount of turns

you could always bribe the stack to make them yours but that costs way more then simply hiring them temporarily,

Would this be possible to do?
    Difficult to script, if not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickNsane View Post
    This is my third post in a few minutes so im gonna wait a few days to post anything else lol, Anyway i had another idea

Rebel agents, Agitators with yellow turban faith that just wander trying to cause revolts randomly, but a successful revolt or rebellion would result in the resurrection of the yellow turban as an AI faction.

Seems like it could make things interesting.
    Needs implementing a new religion or rewriting religion for 'heretic' factions.
    This can be implemented like the barons (shadowing) in the brittania campaign. Drawback: it works only between two factions.

Civis

Default Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Bummer.. O well, just pitching some ideas.

Yea i wasn't sure how it would work, in my head i picture something similar to the ikko ikki in S2TW.

Map idea and beta
    Because of the density and compactness of the campaign map (map_heights.tga) I’ve had many unplayable battles because of “Deployments” being inaccessible. (ie you in the valley, AI on top of the mountain)
    (Bare in mind Germanicu5 AI moves the Ai to the high ground where possible.)

I’ve been experimenting. Basically doing a GENERIC SWEEP PANACEA by CS5 color range selection + I pixel expansion then a new multiply level blend over with eyedropper vs info check to get reasonable ranges without detriment to the campaign map

Bringing vanilla white RGB from 253xx to 155xx (still deployment issues) to now 113 ish. (much better see pic)

As you can see, from the pic, it’s proving a good compromise.

It is not infallible, that is a fine tooth comb GEOMOD infinite tweak job but...

I’ve uploaded the map_heights as "open workshop 7zip rar underneath the pic 113.7z" for any Mod member to use/abuse/ignore/copy idea/experiment etc if they want..take or leave

Copy original map heights/replace/delete map rwn blah blah suck eggs etc etc...

it actually opens up the campaign map nicely!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotk hite.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; August 10, 2014 at 06:25 AM.

Blog Entries

I'll give it a spin, impossible battle set ups have been a problem.

Edit: the impact on the strat map isn't as much as I would have expected. I'll add it to the coming patch unless we find something that needs adjusting, thanks
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 10, 2014 at 06:40 AM.

ROTK Mod team,
    If you seem happy with the 113,113,113 version in post # 6 TRY THIS
    I've since gone round and fixed 98% of the original map's coastal "triangle's" glitch with perfect coastline for that 113 edition.
    Because the map is tiny, the minimum area for a fix must be 3x3 pixels square..(meaning any parallel 2 pixel coast/island/peninsula is unfixable unless you expand the area)
    look at the pic and play the last version with toggle fow..
    Then try this..and compare..should be much better coastline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coast.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; August 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Blog Entries

I was planning to run your map over this tutorial process at a later stage. Based on this principle. This version of yours should make into the coming patch, thanks.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 10, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

Civis

Great work voice

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

I dont know if this was intended, but an you guys expand the "pathfinding" above the city He Nei so that armies an go past it without getting stuck in its zone of control. Im allied with the city owner but ant moe past the city because of the zone of control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by havuk View Post
    I dont know if this was intended, but an you guys expand the "pathfinding" above the city He Nei so that armies an go past it without getting stuck in its zone of control. Im allied with the city owner but ant moe past the city because of the zone of control issues.
    It is intended. Henei, like the Fortified Passes and settlements like Guandu and Yiling, serve the purpose of a strategic chokepoint. It isn't ZoC issues, as you can't move around the city at all, even if you are the owner; you can only move through it.

Civis

2 Things, out of all the factions i have played the nanman(Southern Tribes) by far have the most broken economy Im at way with the clan to the north and at uneasy peace with the one to the east at around 25-30 turns or so and my only trade partner is Sun I have roughly 3-stacks of mixed soldiers and am sitting on almost $200,000 with nothing to spend it on because the only city they have that can recruit anything useful is the capitol and i recruit everything i can every time its available. Keeping a decent army on the front in order to capture another large city is hard because it takes SOO long to run back to the capital for a retrain and none of the closer cities can retrain the advanced units. They definantly need at least one more large city in there territory and something to be done about there runaway economy idk if this has been addressed elsewhere or in the patch your about to release.

We've talked about the economy being a WIP several times in different threads, although you are correct that the Nanman's economic situation is worse (better?) than all the other factions. As far as another settlement... it's a possibility. If we go that route, I am going to bug Gigantus about shifting Nanzhong's settlements a bit to the north, as right now they are a bit too far south than where they should be.

Also, I want to make it known that you do not have to run back to the capital to retrain advanced units and that nearby settlements can do it. In my Gameplay Notes, I specifically mention the 'Yizu Tribal Integration' building chain. This chain allows for the recruitment and retraining of Nanman units outside of Nanzhong (Nanman starting area). So in larger nearby Han settlements, such as Jiangzhou and Chengdu, you would be able to recruit and retrain Nanman units as you upgraded the buildings in the 'Yizu Tribal Integration' chain.
    Last edited by Seether; August 10, 2014 at 09:06 PM.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    We've talked about the economy being a WIP several times in different threads, although you are correct that the Nanman's economic situation is worse (better?) than all the other factions. As far as another settlement... it's a possibility. If we go that route, I am going to bug Gigantus about shifting Nanzhong's settlements a bit to the north, as right now they are a bit too far south than where they should be.

Also, I want to make it known that you do not have to run back to the capital to retrain advanced units and that nearby settlements can do it. In my Gameplay Notes, I specifically mention the 'Yizu Tribal Integration' building chain. This chain allows for the recruitment and retraining of Nanman units outside of Nanzhong (Nanman starting area). So in larger nearby Han settlements, such as Jiangzhou and Chengdu, you would be able to recruit and retrain Nanman units as you upgraded the buildings in the 'Yizu Tribal Integration' chain.

I knew about being able to do it in han settlements but the problem is keeping a strong enough army so far north to take one of them without being able to retrain between fights, They typically have about 2-3 stacks that defend the area and its hard to break through and still have enough left to take the city so you have to wait around 6 turns to get troops from your capitol and by then they are replenished and you repeat the same thing. They need a larger city farther north that they can take early, like one of the neutral settlements on the border with Ba-shu should be upgraded so you have a city that can be used to build/retrain to stage your assault on Ba-Shu like maybe Zhu Ti? and maybe do the same thing on the eastern border aswell. Breaking out of the nanzhong vicinity is hard to do

We try to keep settlements at levels appropriate to their historical counterparts, with current city sizes and populations reflective of such, so I don't see any as being upgraded just to help out with maintaining armies.

Civis

Yea that makes sense and in the end i suppose it stops you from steamrolling early with the nanman. Hard to get out of the area but once you do and have a few more large cities it makes you pretty formidable

Am I the only one who thinks the units should be mute instead of listening the generic mtw2 voice actin which is annoying and tedious anyway?

Btw can someone tell me how to turn off all of it?

Blog Entries

Options\audio settings\speech - put the slider all the way to the left to shut them up.

We had limited Chinese voice files from the original mod. As much as I would have loved to have them it was the first thing I changed because they were very intrusive, it made me wary after a while to click the characters.

@ Gigantus #19
    Just curious for my own reference.I was experimenting the other day to remove the English sounds. I just wanted to try something (may have worked/may have not)

I edited the descr_sounds_accents for the factions to "mongolian", made a descr_sounds db.xml and inserted all the faction as strings lines (not sure of the technical term) etc then deleted voice .dat and .idx in sounds....but nothing worked.

Thing is, I'm 99.99 percent sure (???????) I did that for another mod...and I could edit accents for fun as I pleased. They bled through from vanilla
    But i couldn't get this to work.

Have i just imagined that i did this procedure last time.....or is it that "validation" or does it depend upon what "kingdoms" mod the ROTK was based on or does ROTK have special files etc.?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast