Thread: Rise Of The Romans (Ai Mod)

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Rise Of The Romans (Ai Mod)

Rise Of The Romans

Ever find yourself in a campaign as a non-Roman faction only to discover Rome will never be that great archenemy from history? Well this mod sets out to change that, tangle with Rome at your own peril! This mod’s main purpose is to enhance the Ai Rome faction to improve survivability and to make them a destructive force to deal with.

Key Features:

• Custom battle instructions to improve Rome’s odds against other Ai factions.
    • Rome’s starting army has been increased and improved for added challenge.
    • Rome’s starting navy is larger.
    • Tailored money script and starting treasury bonus to boost and sustain expansion.
    • Minor Ai personality tweaks (Rome only)

Planned Features:

• Customized city defense script to make capturing Rome more difficult.
    • Optimized Ai personalities

Note: This mod is still in Beta and is not intended to be played as the Romans. Any feedback and experience with the mod is welcomed.

I would like to give a special thanks to all my friends who contributed to this little project-

.Mitch.- Lord of scripts
    Noif - Artwork
    Oshu - Made the awesome Trailer.

The RotR challenge!

Do you think you have what it takes to take on Rome as Epirus? This is proving to be a difficult task especially if you have to deal with Athens and Sparta at the same time. My last campaign only lasted 14 turns! Have fun guys and hope you enjoy the mod.

Screenshots- super huge sorry

Legion of Rome
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Capital lost again!

Lost Campaign to the Romans in 14 turns!

Download

Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=297875788

I'll leave the older builds up just encase you are having issues with the newer steam build.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kinjo; August 16, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: Rise Of The Romans (Ai Mod)

Oh wow. What an intro. :O

:O

Damn it Kinjo you've convinced me to try this out when I get time to play campaign.
    炸鸡

Do I have to restart my CiG campaign as Rome? or does it just apply to GC?

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

This is for the grand campaign.
    Last edited by Kinjo; August 08, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

What kind of Graphic Mods are you using?

Also it would be fun to make this playable with the Romans, some people enjoy steamrolling

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I use GEM for graphics, I suppose you could use Rome as a sort of a cheat mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    I use GEM for graphics, I suppose you could use Rome as a sort of a cheat mode.
    compatible with radious?

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I have talked to Radious about doing a version for his mod and he was cool with that, but I want to really fine tune the main mod before I branch out. The next update should ramp up Rome aggressiveness and improve their army output ability. In vanilla Rome just can't seem to build an army worth a crap, they want to recruit a crap load of dogs and mercs before they build their own troops. Also the Rome defense script should make it difficult to take Rome down as a faction.

Couple of questions for you guys-

Would you rather see a traditional garrison or praetorians?

Also how do you guys feel about Rome being able to recruit early legionaries at the beginning of the campaign? ... I know this isn't historical but would improve the challenge which is basically what this mod is about.

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

I have talked to Radious about doing a version for his mod and he was cool with that, but I want to really fine tune the main mod before I branch out. The next update should ramp up Rome aggressiveness and improve their army output ability. In vanilla Rome just can't seem to build an army worth a crap, they want to recruit a crap load of dogs and mercs before they build their own troops. Also the Rome defense script should make it difficult to take Rome down as a faction.

Couple of questions for you guys-

Would you rather see a traditional garrison or praetorians?

Also how do you guys feel about Rome being able to recruit early legionaries at the beginning of the campaign? ... I know this isn't historical but would improve the challenge which is basically what this mod is about.
    I think Praetorians would be fun as a garrison for Roma. I think you have to custom-make a building for that. Personally I think the Manipular army should be the same, but maybe give them a bonus to research so that they get legionaries earlier?

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

That would be reasonable and easy to accomplish.

Next campaign I might use your mod, but I'm also planning on doing a HatG campaign next with another mod... Hmm perhaps after that a grand campaign game with your mod, by that time there might be an interesting update, because your plans for the next version look good.

And awesome introduction video, if only the game was more like that video

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Has the potential to be "the" mod, given the name and all.
    Thats what its all about!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Just updated the mod.

Change Log 08/13/2014:

• Roman infrastructure vastly improved to support expansion and advanced armies
    • Roman technology tree significantly advanced
    • Roman recruitment enhanced so they recruit less Dogs, Gladiators, and Mercenaries
    • Starting Roman general’s traits overhauled
    • Rome now starts at war with Syracuse
    • Ui addition – added new Rise Of The Romans menu so you know the mod is installed
    • Navy reduced a bit
    • Starting treasury reduced

Just updated the mod.

Change Log 08/13/2014:

• Roman infrastructure vastly improved to support expansion and advanced armies
    • Roman technology tree significantly advanced
    • Roman recruitment enhanced so they recruit less Dogs, Gladiators, and Mercenaries
    • Starting Roman general’s traits overhauled
    • Rome now starts at war with Syracuse
    • Ui addition – added new Rise Of The Romans menu so you know the mod is installed
    • Navy reduced a bit
    • Starting treasury reduced
    Please make this mod compatible whit radious!

Hello! The first few days of playing Rome II were funny enough but only thing what kept me playing Rome II was the chance of becoming the allmighty Emperor of Rome. And after I became the Emperor, I was hugely disappointed. I just lost some options with other families and got more corruption boost and some more empire wide stats and that was all. I would like it if Emperors or Kings would have some more options and some kind of political marriage stuff. Just like Dictators did back in the time.

First of all great work with the mod, at last Rome is a great enemy. But i find that they are too much now.
    I think that you should change your mod, first remove pratorians as a normal unit, you cant defeate Rome if half their army are Pratorians. And second i think that you should make your mod, 4 or maby more turns per year.

Quote Originally Posted by DonCaesar View Post
    First of all great work with the mod, at last Rome is a great enemy. But i find that they are too much now.
    I think that you should change your mod, first remove pratorians as a normal unit, you cant defeate Rome if half their army are Pratorians. And second i think that you should make your mod, 4 or maby more turns per year.
    You can use other mods with this one... use the modmanager. Also, I personally don't see the romans spamming Praetorians that much. :S

Regvlvs's Avatar Foederatus

I guess this affects saved games... I assume anyway because I tried loading my Epirus campaign which is highly developed and my income is now about -9000 instead of (positive) 11000. That is a bit ridiculous for me though especially since this campaign is the first I have played over 100 turns.

Is this compatible with DEI?