Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Submod] Historical Naval Overhaul DEI 0.95x Ver2.0 FINAL

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Naval Overhaul DEI 0.95x Ver2.0 FINAL

Ver 2.0 Final

- Added single ship units
    - Reworked upkeep for naval units

I hope you guys enjoy the final patch. I will be updating the mod only for compatibility issues.
    Last edited by BunnyPoopCereal; August 13, 2014 at 04:14 PM.

Libertus

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Naval Overhaul DEI 0.95x Ver1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Zonac View Post
    [/LEFT]

The size was cept that low because I guess it is due to buggy bording/landing (similar to transportship bug)
    That is what I remember as well. Did recent patches resolve this issue?

Anyway, looking forward to try the updated mod during the weekend.

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Naval Overhaul DEI 0.95x Ver1.4

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBee View Post
    That is what I remember as well. Did recent patches resolve this issue?

Anyway, looking forward to try the updated mod during the weekend.
    Yeah I had to revert back unit numbers but did reduce navy unit upkeep costs. Which means that having a navy is actually enjoyable and worth it now.

I have been using this extensively over the weekend, looks like whatever changes were applied are causing some major bugs in transport ship landings. I used the mod at a port battle at Athens and after testing the same battle 4 times with and without it something is causing issues. 3 ships never landed, and 2 got stuck out of only about 12, It may be the the slow speed/turning radius of the transports? I know CA still has naval issues in the base game, but in my Athens battle without the mod I have 0 problems. Besides this I Really like using the mod, it's well done.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 26, 2014 at 03:14 AM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Bump.

Thanks Steve, I checked the files and there doesn't seem to be anything out of place. Naval unit sizes are the same as vanilla so the only suspect are naval unit battle speeds. I wont be changing those variables anytime soon because they are based on real world physics and that is what makes the mod so great. Is this naval battle the only time you've had problems landing armies?

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    Thanks Steve, I checked the files and there doesn't seem to be anything out of place. Naval unit sizes are the same as vanilla so the only suspect are naval unit battle speeds. I wont be changing those variables anytime soon because they are based on real world physics and that is what makes the mod so great. Is this naval battle the only time you've had problems landing armies?
    Landing of transports has been an issue at times, especially for the AI. I have had a couple of battles where things have broken down -ships sitting out at sea- with only about 10 AI ships trying to land. I know that base DEI has some problems with bugs during naval battles/landings because of unit sizes, so I am not sure exactly what is the cause? I had a battle at Athens with this mod where ships were floating around on land, I removed the mod and had the same battle and it was glitch free. I am still using the mod, I don't want to play without it. I guess maybe lowering of the transport ship speeds potentially cause issues with the AI landing zones? I would not change those settings either though.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 30, 2014 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks for the mod. i'm new to r2tw modding and I wanted to ask. I use mod manager does this mod have to be above or bellow Dei in the list of loaded mods, It says there are conflicts

DeI submods should always be above the main mod.

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

is this mod compatible with (version 0.95m1, updated 05/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Baldos View Post
    is this mod compatible with (version 0.95m1, updated 05/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)
    It doesn't look like they changed anything to the ships so im gonna guess and say yes.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    It doesn't look like they changed anything to the ships so im gonna guess and say yes.
    I can confirm that. No problems till mid game with any hellenistic faction.
    by the way: BunnyPoopCereal , could you change the standard psilor archers for greeks to marine archers? (makes sense ? ) Also is it possible to change for celtic/german cultures that they only have access to different raider ships intead of hellenistic/eastern ships ? thanks in advance
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Zonac View Post
    I can confirm that. No problems till mid game with any hellenistic faction.
    by the way: BunnyPoopCereal , could you change the standard psilor archers for greeks to marine archers? (makes sense ? ) Also is it possible to change for celtic/german cultures that they only have access to different raider ships intead of hellenistic/eastern ships ? thanks in advance
    Pretty good suggestions, totally makes sense, however you'll find better luck asking Dresden or any of the DEI team to make this change since I have my hands tied with work and school at the moment

Just an FYI, 0.96g and Patch 16.1 causes the game to freeze at the inital loading screen.

Senator

Yes, unfortunately, and it's the same with the other naval overhaul mod. I hope they will update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12