Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Joseon Post 10/27/2014)

Default Re: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Jurchen/Qing Post on 10/03/2014)

Thanks for all the images IGdood. Can you post the Mongol roster when it's released.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Thanks for all the images IGdood. Can you post the Mongol roster when it's released.
    No problem! I wonder if they're saving the Mongolian roster or the Joseon roster for last.... I too am interested in post-15th century Mongolian armies. I wonder if there was any major change? Did they even adopt firearms?

Today's faction roster preview is that of the Tokugawa Shogunate. There's plenty of familiar assets here.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Firebomb Squad

Yari Hero

The untranslated name of the unit is "德川三河枪术名人", the direct translation would be Skilled Yari Users of the Tokugawa. I can't find a spear that corresponds to the term "三河", or "three rivers". From the screenie it looks like they're using a mixture of Jumonji "十文字" and Sankaku "三角" yari.

Bow Ashigaru

Yari Cavalry

Horoshu (The Wearers of the Horo, or to us we just call them Hatamoto General's Bodyguard)

Katana Cavalry (I'm sure Japanese cavalry wouldn't use a sword as their main weapon...?)

Katana Samurai

Katana/Loan Sword Ashigaru

Yari Ashigaru

Light Cavalry

Seigen's Swordmasters. Yes, THAT DLC unit. They used the name but this is a Katana Hero unit.

Bow Samurai

Samurai Retainers

Samurai Teppo/Matchlock Squad

Yari Samurai

NoDachi Samurai

Date Dragon Cavalry

I think someone watched Sengoku Basara one too many times.

PUT YA GUNZ ON

Naginata Sohei

Naginata Samurai

Teppo/Matchlock Ashigaru

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yes the Mongols did adopt firearms. By the 1700s their main weapon was the musket and they seem to have brought the bows to second place. But this was mostly in the mountainous areas and Xinjiang where they had cities and forts to shoot from. Truth is being dependent on muskets on the steppe is a dangerous.

The Mongols would use matchlocks (which they acquired through trade from India, the Ottomans and even Russia) and Chinese hand cannons and hand mortar type things from behind defensive positions. Without these defensive positions they would be easily overrun by massed horse archers in a war on the open steppe. Actually when Hongwu besieged Dadu (Beijing) the Mongols had tonnes of artillery pieces which were then captured by the Ming. Also lots of their powder factories and gun foundries.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Default Re: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Tokugawa Post 10/5/2014)

Thank you very much Lord Nobunaga!

There was no new faction roster preview today but they put out a teaser which I uploaded to youtube.

I apologize in advance if it seems like I'm promoting their mod in the Morning Sun thread, but rest assured I will move all these posts to their own thread when they release later in October and I translate the vital parts into English.

Come back to us gook.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagger View Post
    Come back to us xxxx.
    Might want to edit that. This isn't 4chan.

I left you a rep notification saying why. Hope you saw it.

===============================================================================

Anyway, Mongol Roster has been posted.

Dismounted Mongolian Heavy Lancers

Tribal Spearmen

Mongolian Heavy Cavalry Archers

I'm actually not sure what 胡赤突 means. Google didn't yield anything, so it's possible it's a Chinese rendition of a Mongolian term.

Mongolian Steppe Swordsmen

Mongolian Steppe Lancers

Mongolian Archers

Mongolian Dismounted Heavy Archers

Mongolian Tribesmen

Mongolian Heavy Cavalry

Kheshigs (Mongolian Bodyguard), looks identical to the heavy cavalry unit above.

Mongols have their own settlements now too!

Their roster is pretty limited....

Quote Originally Posted by Lagger View Post
    Come back to us g**k.
    I really hope that's some sort of cultural misunderstanding, but you might have some explaining to do. Even as an ordinary sentence I can't tell what you mean.

Anyway IGdood, thanks for these previews. I have some questions about your views on the Ming roster, but I'll ask them tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by clibinarium View Post
    I really hope that's some sort of cultural misunderstanding, but you might have some explaining to do. Even as an ordinary sentence I can't tell what you mean.

Anyway IGdood, thanks for these previews. I have some questions about your views on the Ming roster, but I'll ask them tomorrow, I'm off to bed.
    It's an in-joke back when I was on 4chan. I left some time ago.

No problem, I'm not that well-versed with history but feel free to ask questions.

If it's about the stats of the units, I don't think they're balanced yet.

Default Re: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Mongol Post 10/8/2014)

@IGdood could you please reupload some more of the videos uploaded to youko, i always get error code 7004 when trying to watch one...

Default Re: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Mongol Post 10/8/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    @IGdood could you please reupload some more of the videos uploaded to youko, i always get error code 7004 when trying to watch one...

Hello there.

My internet here is very slow but I've uploaded some videos.

Also the full release came out 2 days ago. When I have time from classes (which is almost never) I will try to translate unit entries and building names so English speakers can at least play the game. Most likely you will have to wait until December when I get a mere 3 weeks of vacation.

However, if you would like to play an untranslated version let me know. I'll try to upload a mega link or something...with againster's permission of course.

I will also be posting some more of the finalized rosters for each of the factions.

Default Re: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Joseon Post 10/27/2014)

The public beta is out, and unfortunately I've tried to upload it but my internet connection kept timing out. I'll keep trying.

If you're feeling adventurous you can just download from their website, but you need to make an account and obtain some of their in-forum currency to see certain posts. You can get in-forum currency by posting, logging in daily, or just paying $3 USD on Paypal.

Post link: http://www.kupai.me/tz-424600-1-1.html

Anyway here is the Joseon Roster. They have the best archers out of all the factions, but overall their faction's units have below average melee capabilities and heavy infantry.

I didn't have time to translate the unit descriptions, sorry.

Joseon Garrison Infantry - Armor piercing capability, seem to be using either a Woldo or Hyeopdo.

Joseon Swordsmen

Joseon Royal Swordsmen

Joseon Royal Hyeopdo (that's their weapon) Guardsmen

Joseon Spearmen

Joseon Marines

Joseon Archers

Joseon Handgunners

Joseon Matchlock Troops

Joseon Chainmail Archers (Or just Heavy Archers)

Joseon Royal Archers

Joseon Heavy Cavalry

Joseon General's Bodyguard

Joseon Light Horse Archers

Joseon Heavy Horse Archers

Crouching Tiger Cannon (HuDunPao)

Hwacha

Righteous Army Warrior Monks

Righteous Army Fighters

Righteous Army Archers

Righteous Army Horse Archers

Some other units that didn't show up in the previews:

Nanban Mercenaries

Saika Renegades

This is outside the mod's timeframe but if the mod decides to taake things a step further you may include these guys.

They are the army of Li ZiCheng, the man who toppled the Ming during its weakest moment and became Emperor for almost less than a year as ruler of the Shun Dynasty. His army consisted of ex-Ming troops and a lot of peasant rebels and was known as the Chuang (Dashing, Bursting, Charging) Army.

Chuang Army Cannons

Chuang Riders / Javelin Cavalry

Chuang General's Bodyguard

Veteran Riders (literal name: Old Camp Chuang Riders)

Chuang Archers

Chuang Veteran Spears

Chuang Zhanmadao Veterans

Chuang Spearmen

Peasants

Okay, last post.

These are just some miscellaneous units that weren't shown in the previews. Some of them are labeled as mercenary.

These units are available after the Jurchens reform themselves into the Qing. The Green Standard Army was a new division created to incorporate all the ex-Ming and Han Chinese soldiers into the Qing army. I forgot if the Green Standard flag replaced the Nikan banner armies of the Han or if it added to it.

Green Standard Spearmen

Green Standard Swordsmen

Green Standard Archers

Siam Royal Bodyguard (Was in the Ming Roster)

Farangi Mercenary Band

Yehe Nara Manchurian Horse Archers

The Yehe were a Manchu tribe that sided with the Ming against Nurhaci.

Icon5 Re: Unit Info from DOMOD group (Joseon Post 10/27/2014)

All icon graphics are dead links. Could you (or someone) reupload it? Or say where I can found it. I found only small sizes like this:

But I remember that here were bigger versions, for example:

Is there a chance that we see some updated translations of these chinese mods? they are really interesting.

The links from DOMOD may be dead and the unit icons no longer exist but here's some screens that are related to what I've posted in this thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ury-Revolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12