Thread: Installation Help

Default Installation Help

I can't seem to get this to work. I have the Rome: Total War Gold Edition installed under New Volume (J > Rome Total War > Rome - Total War Gold Edition, then the folders inside in order are BI, data, Miles, preferences, saves, WHTW. The folders inside WHTW in order are custom, data, preferences, replays, saves, then a bunch of icons the and the readme. I made the new desktop shortcut to the RomeTW.exe file. I right click hit properties, copy and paste -mod:WHTW into the box which says target on it, then once I click OK the error message comes up saying
    "The name '-mod:WHTW' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."
    Any help? I checked inside the game and it is version 1.5

Default Re: Installation Help

It's not the Steam version of Rome it's from Gamersgate

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Can you copy and repost exactly what's in the target box? There must be a typo error or something somewhere.

It should read in your case as something like:
    "J:\Rome Total War\Rome - Total War Gold Edition\RomeTW.exe" -mod:WHTW
    So make sure you didn't remove the path to the actual folder, and that the -mod:WHTW command was outside the quotation marks.

Hope that helps
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

That fixed it many thanks

Great, hope you enjoy it!
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

HI im having trouble getting this to work. I have the Steam Total War Rome 2 emporer edition and i have the WHTW folder inside the Rome 2 folder which the directory looks like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II I have a Rome2.exe program in this same file is that the .exe folder i make a shortcut to? Ive tried alot of different things that dont work. I would really appreciate a YouTube walkthrough from first download to first play on steam. Just for dummies like myself that really love your great game but have no clue how to get it to work

This is for Rome I not Rome II, which wouldn't help you there!