Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Satrapies to Vassals

Default Satrapies to Vassals

Got tired of how useless client states are in game and missed the old vassal system from Shogun 2. So I have changed in game text for satrapies to appear as vassals and disabled client states for factions that had them, instead they can make vassals. Factions can still start as client states like Athens. Barbarians are unchanged.

I haven't changed every text in game so some description paragraph text might say satrapy I'm still working on finding the editing the in game text files.

Don't need 50 posts of people complaining how historically inaccurate this submod is. This was made for gameplay purposes. I do need feedback and people to report bugs and errors please.

Upload before main DEI file.

This should work with other mods but to make sure it was DEI compatible I had to enable Greek confederations so that might create an issue not sure though.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quaz601; August 09, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

Default Re: Satrapies to Vassals

UPDATE:
    Theres an issue with Hellenic factions not being able to make vassals not sure whats causing it but Carthage, Rome are able to. Still working on it.

UPDATE 2:
    Playable Greek factions, Macedon, and the Numidians can now make vassals uploaded new version

UPDATE 3:
    Found more text to edit vassal option description now states "ask this faction to become your vassal" uploaded new image in original post as proof

UPDATE 4:
    More text updates now states "Do you want to cancel vassal status" rather than satrapy, uploaded new image in original post. Once I've edited every text or at least all I can I will be releasing a non-DEI version without Greek confederations so it will work with vanilla and most mods.

UPDATE 5:
    Now states "your vassal has turned against you" uploaded image in original post

UPDATE 6:
    Edited text for objectives uploaded new images in original post

UPDATE 7:
    Edited more text for diplomacy and income displays in game new images added to original post
    Last edited by quaz601; August 09, 2014 at 11:31 AM.

I appreciate this lol. I didn't like when my client state insubres declare war on suebi by taking the Veneti capital. (Yes, Suebi steamrolled them early like a horde) Know I can just use the vassals as a buffer state like intended when I payed the celts.
    Last edited by lnrd907; August 04, 2014 at 01:13 PM.

I like this idea also. I was playing with doing it earlier but I worried about losing the diversity of the different diplomatic cultures. Still, client states seem fairly worthless as it is almost the same as a military alliance apparently.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I like this idea also. I was playing with doing it earlier but I worried about losing the diversity of the different diplomatic cultures. Still, client states seem fairly worthless as it is almost the same as a military alliance apparently.
    Well, at least you get to levy troops from your client.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Well, at least you get to levy troops from your client.
    canīt you do that with the new AOR recruitment now?
    At least thatīs how i understood it...

AOR requires you to own the region in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I wonder then if client states' functions are moddable. I did a little research and I couldn't find an instance where a client state went to war by itself. The only true difference I believe between a client state and a satrapy would be the type of alliance. Client states functioned more so as paid defensive alliances compared to satrapies being paid military alliances like Rome 2 has depicted them however client states had no political rights so they should have the same diplomacy options as satrapies. Also, I remember when I watched a Teutoberg forest documentary that the Cherusci were in economic shambles because the heavy tribute tax the Romans placed on them so I think the tribute gained from client states and satrapies should also be a lot higher.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Love this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lnrd907 View Post
    I wonder then if client states' functions are moddable. I did a little research and I couldn't find an instance where a client state went to war by itself. The only true difference I believe between a client state and a satrapy would be the type of alliance. Client states functioned more so as paid defensive alliances compared to satrapies being paid military alliances like Rome 2 has depicted them however client states had no political rights so they should have the same diplomacy options as satrapies. Also, I remember when I watched a Teutoberg forest documentary that the Cherusci were in economic shambles because the heavy tribute tax the Romans placed on them so I think the tribute gained from client states and satrapies should also be a lot higher.
    The only variables I have found are in the campaign_variables with the diplomacy_ tags.

Great idea, since the clients states are really useless. Can't see how it develops :-)

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

can you levy units from your satrap or is this now gone, that was the only useful purpose of client states..

Quote Originally Posted by Death from Anon View Post
    can you levy units from your satrap or is this now gone, that was the only useful purpose of client states..
    I'm Rome, Massalia is my vassal still got text to find and edit but here it is

Found some more text for editing quaz601. When you start a new campaign as Rome (not sure about others) the text "Completely control 2 provinces ... through satrapies and military alliances".

Quote Originally Posted by lnrd907 View Post
    Found some more text for editing quaz601. When you start a new campaign as Rome (not sure about others) the text "Completely control 2 provinces ... through satrapies and military alliances".
    yeah I'm trying to find it theres several seperate tables in game that have to with text , this one must be the objective texts

Thank you for this great submod - now it's even more fun to play with Rome :-)

Is there a steam sub for this mod? Sounds great.

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

what map are you useing on your campign dipolmacy map and is there a steam link.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

I love the idea for this, but it's not compatible with the Stop Barbarian Empires mod I suppose I am being needy and wanting the best of both worlds If I had any clue on how to mod db myself, I would find a way to make them work together.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Takarazuka View Post
    I love the idea for this, but it's not compatible with the Stop Barbarian Empires mod I suppose I am being needy and wanting the best of both worlds If I had any clue on how to mod db myself, I would find a way to make them work together.
    If you load them in the right order they can work together. They work fine for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast