Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: v1.0 Discussion Thread

Default Re: v1.0 Discussion Thread

oops sorry I didnt see that, but after the 3rd tried I realized the folder is called mod. now all i got to do is get it to be fullscreen but i am so excited!!!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    oops sorry I didnt see that, but after the 3rd tried I realized the folder is called mod. now all i got to do is get it to be fullscreen but i am so excited!!!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-window-mode

or

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...em-with-screen
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

yea i fixed it thanks, got it to start working i am so amazed with the new unit cards look so nice!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's an ongoing project, hopefully at some stage we will have replaced all the unit info cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    This is tied to the WIP economy. But, yeah... have fun fighting through that But seriously, thanks for the screenshot. We'll keep tweaking the economy mechanics until we can greatly lessen this.

On a side note, who is the Cao Clan at war with? Have they been at war or at peace a lot for the past 20-30 turns? Have they lost a lot of settlements are squeezed in by Xu Chang? All of these, along with the economy, can play a role in to why there are so many armies in the same vicinity.
    No problem!, that good thing is that all those armies don't have generals, so I can attack them at night without their reinforcements.
    I think that the Cao clan is at war only against me, they're allied with the green one (I don't remember the name, the one above the cao clan, with the city of Pu Yang and Tai Shan in the screenshot)

I like some of the newer enchance general portrait. the daughter thing is awesome too I havent had any success yet but its good to get a noticed.
    Last edited by cheesegrader; August 06, 2014 at 04:26 AM.

Balance feedback:

Cut conversion bonus from governors in half. +11% conversion/turn in one province with only 1 rank 1 temple is still too high given 1 turn represents a month. Ex. subtle conviction gives 10% conversion bonus, which is far greater than a level 1 temple, or a new scholar.
    Suggested:
    Fanatical: +6%
    Strong: +4%
    Subtle: +2%

Cut the effect of influence on public order from governors somewhat again, currently +50% Public Order from influence alone. Reduce to +40% max and cut per influence point to half of the current value.

AI Cao Cao has a stockpile of 90,000 gold by turn 4, as are most other factions. Make it spend money more on building or something.

Still running budget surplus with taxes on low in every settlement as a human from start, and able to be building buildings in every settlement at the same time. Money management is actually easier imo than before. What's odd is that I don't have much income, maybe cost of buildings too low. I only make ~9000/turn with taxes on low (net) on turn 4 and I have a surplus of ~4000 a turn with buildings being built everywhere.

Trade value is still too low for merchants, there's no point to having merchants.

Trade value (at least for humans) is too low in general, still to bother investing in. Early game, investing in population growth is still better for long term economy right now.
    Last edited by limith; August 06, 2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrej84 View Post
    No problem!, that good thing is that all those armies don't have generals, so I can attack them at night without their reinforcements.
    I think that the Cao clan is at war only against me, they're allied with the green one (I don't remember the name, the one above the cao clan, with the city of Pu Yang and Tai Shan in the screenshot)
    More than likely they got smacked around and lost some settlements, and so are "bunched up" in the Xu Chang area. And in conjunction with that, only being at war with you means they are going to focus their armies near their border with you. Plus, most of their armies are only about 4-6 units, so all told it is only a few stacks and looks worse than it really is. But fighting night battles is definitely the best way to whittle them down one-by-by. And that green faction is Qingzhou, which is led by Kong Rong.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    More than likely they got smacked around and lost some settlements, and so are "bunched up" in the Xu Chang area. And in conjunction with that, only being at war with you means they are going to focus their armies near their border with you. Plus, most of their armies are only about 4-6 units, so all told it is only a few stacks and looks worse than it really is. But fighting night battles is definitely the best way to whittle them down one-by-by. And that green faction is Qingzhou, which is led by Kong Rong.
    Actually it seems that they're are the strongest faction in the overall rating!

Positive notes:
    +Graphics look awesome
    +Limits on agents is good
    +Penalty for belief makes scholars useful
    +Settlement growth is now under control
    +Academies now useful
    Last edited by limith; August 06, 2014 at 06:18 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by limith View Post
    Positive notes:
    +Graphics look awesome
    +Limits on agents is good
    +Penalty for belief makes scholars useful
    +Settlement growth is now under control
    +Academies now useful
    Is it selfish of me to enjoy that comment? I let the team have it's share, I promise!

How about a script that make you self-proclaim Emperor (The faction leader will have title Emperor of Qi, Liang, Chu...) when ever you want? I dont want conquer 30 or more settlement to become Emperor.

The mod team won't be doing that. However players are more than welcome to make their own sub-mods to modify things to their liking.

Balance feedback:

Cut conversion bonus from governors in half. +11% conversion/turn in one province with only 1 rank 1 temple is still too high given 1 turn represents a month. Ex. subtle conviction gives 10% conversion bonus, which is far greater than a level 1 temple, or a new scholar.
    Suggested:
    Fanatical: +6%
    Strong: +4%
    Subtle: +2%

Cut the effect of influence on public order from governors somewhat again, currently +50% Public Order from influence alone. Reduce to +40% max and cut per influence point to half of the current value.

AI Cao Cao has a stockpile of 90,000 gold by turn 4, as are most other factions. Make it spend money more on building or something.

Still running budget surplus with taxes on low in every settlement as a human from start, and able to be building buildings in every settlement at the same time. Money management is actually easier imo than before. What's odd is that I don't have much income, maybe cost of buildings too low. I only make ~9000/turn with taxes on low (net) on turn 4 and I have a surplus of ~4000 a turn with buildings being built everywhere.

Trade value is still too low for merchants, there's no point to having merchants.

Trade value (at least for humans) is too low in general, still to bother investing in. Early game, investing in population growth is still better for long term economy right now.
    I missed this. I'll take a look at these (economy stuff will be handled by Gig) and see what we can do for balance. I just did a test and the text for character conversion is incorrect; Subtle is only 1%, not 10%, but those all need to be tweaked anyways.
    Last edited by Seether; August 06, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Civis

Downloading this mod as I finally have a day off, and this is how I intend to spend it dangit! Which means I'll have to start all over again and protect the One ri- I mean Jade Seal. No one steals my Precious!

Side note: I LOVED seeing how having the Jade Seal allowed me the chance to make an interesting and very tempting decision, it's small details like this that make the difference between a good mod and a GREAT one!

Hey guys, just a small question, can you play previous save games from beta version in the official version? I have played Quingzhou for over a hundred turn in the beta version so kind of reluctant to give it away.

As an addon to the economy observation: I'm fairly certain incomes for humans are fine, the first tier buildings are a bit too cheap, while the latter ones are priced at a right level, such that once you get to later buildings, the surplus goes away. After turn 10, the AI reserves go down, and it reaches ~0 for most factions (except Cao Cao) around turn 20. Also another random bug: attacking twice with a general resulting in a level 2 "disorganized" penalty trait has no localized text. At least, I think that's what ZhanDou02 or something like that refers to.

Quote Originally Posted by phichcoi View Post
    Hey guys, just a small question, can you play previous save games from beta version in the official version? I have played Quingzhou for over a hundred turn in the beta version so kind of reluctant to give it away.
    Definitely not. In fact, to even install v1.0 you have to delete all of the Beta files. So, unfortunately, everything from Beta goes bye-bye.

As an addon to the economy observation: I'm fairly certain incomes for humans are fine, the first tier buildings are a bit too cheap, while the latter ones are priced at a right level, such that once you get to later buildings, the surplus goes away. After turn 10, the AI reserves go down, and it reaches ~0 for most factions (except Cao Cao) around turn 20. Also another random bug: attacking twice with a general resulting in a level 2 "disorganized" penalty trait has no localized text. At least, I think that's what ZhanDou02 or something like that refers to.
    Not a bug; it was a me forgetting to add text to it again Thanks for the reminder so I can get it in the upcoming patch.

do all units recruit in 1 turn? or is it like past total war games where the better units take 2 or more turns to recruit?

Yes, all recruit in 1 turn, however the replenishment rate is lower as the unit improves in quality. Regardless of how many turns a unit takes to recruit, it is the replenishment rate that actually matters. For example, there is no difference between UNIT A that take 5 turns to replenish and 1 turn to recruit, and UNIT B that takes 4 turns to replenish and 2 turns to recruit; both are 6 turn cycles.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast