Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

The mod has started but has crashed the main executable. This is not a problem with the launcher but with the mod itself. Best to post in the mod's thread about this problem.

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

okay thanks

Hi, ive downloaded the link a few times and im a bit confused on how this works exactly, I have the new windows 8.1 and the steam version of m2tw and kingdoms obviously just wanted to make that all clear. But what exactly do I do with this download theres no installation its just a folder sitting in my download folder? or is that all it is suppose to do? I'd appreciate a little walk through really quick if possible.

Oh and I should also let you guys know I'be downloaded Bellum crucis 7.0, and that's the mod I'm trying to play and I'm just not catching the drift of how to make it work with the way windows 8.1 and steam are now some help would be highly appreciated.

Blog Entries

You need to extract the zip file into your mod folder and then run the installation file. Link to the 7zip freeware utility is provided on the first page.

Ok so you mean extract the 7zip file into my mods then run the installation for bellum crucis? And after that I should be able to just click on the shortcut of bellum crucis and it should work right?

Ok I downloaded the 7zip file and dragged it into the mods folder, then I reinstalled bc7 and still nothing it doesn't work so I'm completely confused on how this thing works I mean there's no install to it or anything. There's only 2 files in the folder the launcher and read me file. So obviously I must be missing something entirely.

Blog Entries

My bad, couldn't follow up properly because I am not at my machine. After extracting simply run the launcher to start the mod.

I don't mean to seem like an idiot but I'm not sure as to if I'm doing any of this right, am I only suppose to download and extract the first 7zip file or both of them? And I did that like you said but when I clicked on the launcher a message popped up and said file unreadable corrupt content or something like that so like I said Im not sure what Im doing wrong. Here's exactly what I've done every time so maybe you can tell me what I've done wrong, first I downloaded the binary 7 zip file, then clicked on the the binary distribution 7 zip folder then it brought me to another binary distribution folder and I simoly took that folder and dragged it over into my M2TW mods folder, then I downloaded BC7 and installed it using the usual steam directory program86/steam/steamapps/common/medieval2/mods, then i first tried running it using the launcher inside the binary 7zip folder in the mods folder but it comes up with that message every time. Then I even tried running it with the launcher in the BC7 folder and it does nothing what so ever.

Blog Entries

Let's try something less confusing - a simple edit of the original BAT file of the BC mod:

1. Locate the BAT file in the Broken Crescent mod folder
    2. Right click it and choose 'edit'
    3. Replace the kingdoms.exe entry part with medieval2.exe
    4. Save
    5. Double click the BAT file to start the mod

Alright, I would like a wee bit of help. I have the Launcher in my Stainless Steel folder, but whenever I click the launcher.exe in that folder (the ctg file is named Configuration) it just loads up normal Medieval II. What am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries

Install one of the kingdoms campaigns I would say, looks like you have no kingdoms.exe in your main folder - unless you have Steam and then I have no idea what is going wrong.

I you have the Steam version you have to have steam running before launching a Mod (or a Kingdoms scenario for that matter) or it will just load Vanilla Medieval 2 after steam boots up. Don't know if that is relevant in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by CavalryCmdr View Post
    I you have the Steam version you have to have steam running before launching a Mod (or a Kingdoms scenario for that matter) or it will just load Vanilla Medieval 2 after steam boots up. Don't know if that is relevant in your case.
    I have the steam version.

Did a fresh install of the game.

Did a fresh install of Stainless Steel.

I have Kingdoms and Medieval 2 in my game folder already after the fresh install.

I start up the mod....it crashes..and I get this message in my folder.

23:59:49.791 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:59:49.791 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    23:59:49.793 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:59:49.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:59:49.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:59:49.795 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:59:49.795 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:59:49.795 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:59:51.888 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 733, column 18
    Unrecognised mount type 'early heavy horse'.
    23:59:51.889 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

What's the issue?

Blog Entries

The issue appears to be a wrong install of SS - there is a wrong version of the descr_mounts.txt file apparently. Check for an updated version or a patch for the mod. Best to seek assistance in the Stainless Steel forum, this is not a starter issue.

Hello!

First of all I wanted to say thank you for this guide! It has been a great help. However, I am having a problem whenever I try to launch Rage of the Dark gods through Guan Ziyangs launch tool. The launch screen appears for a couple seconds, then the "Sigmar preserve us" message comes up. Here is the error log that I found:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

21:35:23.073 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:35:23.074 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    21:35:23.076 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:35:23.077 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:35:23.077 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:35:23.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:35:23.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:35:23.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:35:25.096 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help would be great appreciated! I'm itching to play some Warhammer

Also to clarify, I installed all three parts of the mod, along with the patch and the quick fixes, and have MII and Kingdoms installed through steam. Not sure what else to do.

Whoops! I just realized I think I posted this on the wrong thread, I'll move it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 31, 2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: multiple posts merged

Blog Entries

Check the opening post of the 'Rage of dark Gods' download thread for the 'error reporting' procedure, then post there.

Hi, thanks for the mod! I've got a problem though. I'm able to successfully launch the Universal Mod Launcher and run Stainless Steel 6.4 with bug fixes. But is there a way for me to launch the game and still be able to select the sub mods that are present if you launch SS_setup.exe?

Or should I launch SS_setup.exe first, select the select Early or Late campaign, then choose my submods, click on "Start and Exit" (and fail since I'm using the Steam version), then run UML?

Ahh, I think the method I mentioned works for selecting the appropriate submods if you want to use the UML. I tried it by starting a new campaign and disabling the Next Heir Ancillary submod and checking to see if my faction heir had the ancillary and he didn't. Then I restarted a campaign with that submod turned on and the ancillary is there so it works I think.

Blog Entries

I think in your case the only method that will work is to make a copy of your medieval2.exe file and then rename it to kingdoms.exe - Stainless Steel has this custom executable that later calls the kingdoms.exe and this tool will not work for you.