Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

I'm sorry, I really AM an idiot! LOL I totally misunderstood the directions. I have placed the Launcher inside the proper folder, but now I get THIS error:

[Universal Mod Launcher by Guan Ziyang - Copyright 2014] started on Thu 09/11/2014 19:14:57.83]
    [19:14:57.83] Steam version of Medieval II was detected.
    [19:14:57.83] Configuration checking was succesfully executed...
    [19:14:57.83] ERROR - Configuration.cfg was not found... If this is a personal modification, please create a configuration file to make your mod work! Please refer to tutorials at TWCenter.net on creating this file.
    [19:14:57.83] Directory changed to G:\Medieval II Total War. Beginning to launch game in G:\Medieval II Total War.
    [19:14:57.84] Proceeding to start Steam version executable
    [19:14:57.84] Steam Version of Medieval II was launched through the merged Medieval2.exe. If problems were encountered, check the log for errors
    [19:14:57.84] ENDING LOG...

Could you please link me to the .cfg tutorial? I did not make one having misunderstood what I needed to do. I searched but did not find it and have to wait 30 seconds every time I refine my search due to this silly forum... Thank you.

Guan Ziyang's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

The instructions in the log also say if this is a personal modification, which in your case isn't (Still trying to run Third Age here I assume right?).

Screenshot of where the launcher is placed please.

CLICK ME - New Updated Steam Batch File (Universal for All Mods Edition)

There's just no CFG file. Should I just reinstall? I've deleted everything and reinstalled more times than I can count.

Perhaps ask for some help over at the official TATW forums? They would probably know more about why it is missing (which should never be the case, unless manually deleted) than me.

The Mod is now working. Apparently "3.2 is a stand-alone version" does not actually mean that, and I needed to download a previous version first. Thank you for your patient help - I am sorry for wasting your time dealing with a problem that had nothing to do with your Mod Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ThereWasADream View Post
    The Mod is now working. Apparently "3.2 is a stand-alone version" does not actually mean that, and I needed to download a previous version first. Thank you for your patient help - I am sorry for wasting your time dealing with a problem that had nothing to do with your Mod Launcher.
    No problem, and no apologies needed. Always glad to help
    Last edited by Guan Ziyang; September 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM.

I have a problem when I start the launcher I get a message saying it could not find a CD / DVD-ROM what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by rechaze View Post
    I have a problem when I start the launcher I get a message saying it could not find a CD / DVD-ROM what can I do?
    Doesn't seem related to my launcher (If that message appears, it's Med2 that ran into an error, nothing to do with my launcher). Please open a thread here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you with this.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Guan Ziyang View Post
    Doesn't seem related to my launcher (If that message appears, it's Med2 that ran into an error, nothing to do with my launcher). Please open a thread here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you with this.
    He has and it's answered.

I'm attempting to use the launcher to play Rage of the Dark Gods. I've installed everything, and have your launcher, but the launcher only runs vanilla M2TW. The mod files are in the mod folder, and the main RotDG folder contains the launcher and the Configuration.cfg.

Sorry for the double post, but here's the log.
    [Universal Mod Launcher by Guan Ziyang - Copyright 2014] started on Sun 09/28/2014 21:55:24.79]
    [21:55:24.79] Steam version of Medieval II was detected.
    [21:55:24.79] Configuration checking was succesfully executed...
    [21:55:24.80] Configuration file exists. (If the .cfg file is any name other than Configuration.cfg, it has been automatically renamed to Configuration.cfg in order to make this program work.)
    [21:55:24.80] Directory changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War. Beginning to launch game in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War.
    [21:55:24.80] Proceeding to start Steam version executable
    [21:55:24.81] Steam Version of Medieval II was launched through the merged Medieval2.exe. If problems were encountered, check the log for errors
    [21:55:24.81] ENDING LOG...

I'm having the same issue that Reg06 is having. Same Log Also.

Very sorry for the late reply,

Could you upload a copy of the .cfg file for me to take a look at? Most likely the mod targeting was left out within the .cfg.

No sweat. Thanks for you time.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    #InfractaMod
    #Rage
    #1.5.100

[features]
    mod = mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods
    editor = true

[util]
    #no_animdb = true

[video]
    #movies = false
    #windowed = true
    #borderless_window = true
    #tga_width = 1400
    #campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
    #battle_resolution = 1680 1050

[ai]
    #ltgd_logging = true

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    #level = * trace
    level = * error
    #file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    #file = game.script* logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    #file = game.script logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    #file = ai.ltgd logs/pkh.ai.log.txt

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true
    #rebuild_geography_db = 1

[game]
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1

[multiplayer]
    playable = true
    factions = 1

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 1
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    save_config = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Wrong installation path of the mod?
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 06, 2014 at 10:42 PM.

Having the same problem as Blair. My log is practically the same as his.

Got ROTD installed in the correct path. As in Mods>Modinstallation and the launcher inside that. Configuration file is named correctly. As is the mod folder itself.

It's weird because I had this working before I did a reinstall, and got it working the first time despite not following the installation guidelines correctly because I managed to get the mod working by having the actual launcher inside the main folder of the Medieval Kingdom II. But I had to do a reinstall as I kept on crashing and figured I didn't install it right. Now, with a full correct installation, it doesn't work. This is also a steam version.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Please confirm if your path looks like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods with the launcher in the Rage_of_dark_Gods folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please confirm if your path looks like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods with the launcher in the Rage_of_dark_Gods folder.
    It does. However I found out the issue... Steam wasn't launching Kingdoms. Apparently medieval II doesn't like a reinstall, so it's not detecting Kingdoms even though its installed, and the mod requires it. So it isn't your launcher, but rather steam being a .

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon5 Re: The ToolBox - The Universal Mod Launcher v1.204 (Latest Steam Update Compatible)

Hello, I just heard about this tool and was hoping for some help, I have 2 small mods, just Retrofit1.0 and GUAMv6, normal installation is 1st retrofit, then Guam, but I don't understand the install instructions, feel really dumb, but both mods are .exe files for installs, really confused any help greatly appreciated

i have a problem. its not the biggest problem in the game but

when i use your launcher, the game works fine. like after all the time i spent gettign it to work the drums of warhammer banging in my hears sounded heavenly.

the only problem is, its not fullscreen. how do i change this?