Thread: Patch 14 Preview

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Patch 14 Preview

I take a look at the recently released patch 14 for Rome II, and compare it to patch 13 by playing the same siege battle twice on both versions.

For the full list of patch notes visit: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_14

In the video I explain what I feel still needs work on, and what has been improved since Patch 13. Let me know how you feel the patch is going in the thread

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Default Re: Patch 14 Preview

Love the beginning of the video XD

Quite the scandal that over 14 patches is needed to be playable, i bet CA is doing everything they can do to be free of SEGA right now, this is clearly not working out. The patches and the game speaks that clear enough, unit stuttering is still a problem but i agree that it is better. Not sure if this is patch 14 information but i think its atleast patch related so please dont delete this post

DELETED
    Last edited by Aruberikku; July 31, 2023 at 05:23 AM.

I haven't played since patch 9, I just couldn't get any enjoyment out of it so reverted to going back to EB and RS2, would you guys say the game is now out of Beta and worth playing?

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Great video, Darren. I liked everything about it except the end. The game needs quite a few more patchs before it's "finished" Features need to be tweaked and adjusted everywhere in the game not just siege battles.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Darren, once again, GREAT JOB! Patch 14 now makes Rome 2 what TW games are all about. Proper AI. Only now can you play and enjoy it. I'm still playtesting it myself, and I enjoy (A LOT) siege AI, losing battles for a change and that factions declare war on me. The intro was rep worthy beyond measure... - which I will give you when possible. CA won't hire you, it's true, and I wonder if TWC(A) has warned you about the intro. Maybe you're a bit optimistic about the game needing one more patch. I wonder if CA can make it in one go?... In the end, patch 14 was ESSENTIAL, and I have to give credit to CA this time. Better late than never.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Philllx View Post
    I haven't played since patch 9, I just couldn't get any enjoyment out of it so reverted to going back to EB and RS2, would you guys say the game is now out of Beta and worth playing?
    Still needs some fixing, but for me it's worth playing. Now, it feels like the old TW games. Mostly.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by iWarsaw View Post
    Great video, Darren. I liked everything about it except the end. The game needs quite a few more patchs before it's "finished" Features need to be tweaked and adjusted everywhere in the game not just siege battles.
    Well I said "Design decisions aside"a

There is a lot of work still to be done, but realistically they aren't going to change anything else I'd say.

The political system is just a mess and naval combat is bumper cars, that won't be changed though I'd say unless they release a major expansion like fall of the samurai that re-does a lot of mechanics.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Not so bad.
    You have work to do, keep up!
    Keep calm don't mess

The intro deserves an Oscar nomination, especially the part were them saying DLC was auto tuned to sound evil and slowed.
    That was comic genius .

-Aruberikku youre not the only one,

i just got finished the same type battle (albeit less enemy)

Playing as Syracuse, Carthage and Libya attack around 4,000 men to my 2,000 they bring 4 ladders, i send my mob out the gate to slow down one so my towers and archers have more time to engage. One ladder catches fire, but the other three make it to my wall and send up a company of infantry, which is better they were quick on finding a piece of my wall to breach. i barely hold against them. And their reinforcements arrive at the bottom of the ladders, and then just get combined into a massive mess. and then for 15 minutes,8 units of infantry, at the bottom of the ladders soaking up my tower fire. It seems when the towers made the wrong confused unit break and run then they got on with their assualt, after loosing 2/3 their force standing in a blob.

Maybe my patch didnt install correctly?

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Rome II is a broken game, having users as the ONLY play testing for the game means that either CA didn't bother or didn't have the time which is both preposterous. Even the DLC is poor. Caesar in Gaul? Hannibal at the Gates? More like a "custom campaign" than an expansion.