Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1212 AD General Overview

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1212 AD General Overview

Quote Originally Posted by hybca View Post
    I have one question: why is not the Kingdom of Bohemia separate factions? Year 1212 is symbolic for the Czechs, because this year got Bohemian King Ottokar I. (Přemyslid dynasty) by the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II. "The Golden Bull of Sicily" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Bull_of_Sicily). Bulla confirmed the hereditary kingship of Ottokar I. Kingdom of Bohemia became an autonomous state entirely independent of HRE. The only obligation of the Bohemian king was the election of the Roman emperor. So it is not true that the Kingdom of Bohemia was a vassal of the Holy Roman Empire. The word "vassal" for the Kingdom of Bohemia since 1212 is historically irrelevant.

Your work is amazing and I'm looking forward to the full version
    Didn't Bohemia become a vassal of the HRE in the early 11th century? I know that they became an independent Duchy starting sometime in the 9th century. A lot of the Bohemian duties and responsibilities were removed after 1212, but the Czech Kings still had the obligation to attend Imperial councils. I feel like they would not be able to force Czech kings to do something like this if they were truly an "independent kingdom". Bohemia was recognized as a kingdom by a document called The Golden Bull of Sicily. I'm pretty sure that this document just substantiated Bohemia's status in the HRE. I don't think it granted them total Independence. I don't know, I may be wrong. You probably know best considering you are Czech.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

It's time to crush islam and wipe them off the map for good ;p.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

... or wipe the floor with those cocky european knights with some slick askaris and mamluks

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    ... or wipe the floor with those cocky european knights with some slick askaris and mamluks
    I can't wait! Will we be able to play Muslim factions from the start? I want to play Almohads, Egypt and Seljuks. How many Muslim factions will there be in Medieval 1212?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I can't wait! Will we be able to play Muslim factions from the start? I want to play Almohads, Egypt and Seljuks. How many Muslim factions will there be in Medieval 1212?
    As the overview at page one says: The sulatanate of Rum, Almohads, Ayyubids and Abbasids.
    I also would like to see Dotawo aka Makuria as a faction.

The over view page is a little bit outdated. The Khwarezmids will also be available.

Also, Makuria is set to be playable! Time for some Nubian longbows! See the heading of "Orthodox Christendom" of my faction preview thread for details.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks guys! This is great news and glad to see Abbasids and Khwarezmians appearing too.

Looking forward to it

Czech principality became part of the Holy Roman Empire at the beginning of the 11th century. The Golden Bull of Sicily in 1212 confirmed Přemyslids Premysl Otakar I. hereditary royalty and other privileges of the Bohemian Kingdom. Czech ruler was to be henceforth free from all obligations to the Holy Roman Empire up to participate in the imperial assembly Charles IV. was the first Czech king, who became Holy Roman Emperor (1355), then the ruler of all the kingdoms of the Holy Roman Empire. So Czech king was the ruler of all the kingdoms of the Holy Roman Empire. He was also the author of the Golden Bull, which confirmed the unique and independent position of the Czech lands within the empire.

After the year 1212 it is rather an alliance, not vassalage. Holy Roman Empire of the Czech kingdom could not order anything.

Holy Roman Empire can be compared to nowadays to NATO or the EU. All states are sovereign, independent, sovereign, however, are also allies who have responsibilities towards each other. Imperial Assembly = North Atlantic Council. After the year 1212, the Holy Roman Empire of the Czech kingdom could not order anything. EU or NATO nowadays Czech Republic may order something, so like the EU and NATO can order something and Germany, England or France, but England, France, Germany, Czech Republic vassal of the EU or NATO? They are not. After the year 1212, not Czech Kingdom had no duty to the Holy Roman Empire up to participate in the imperial dream. Nowadays, however, the Czech Republic or another member of NATO or the EU resting place far greater responsibilities, but this is an alliance, not vassalage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oforrsteel View Post
    Didn't Bohemia become a vassal of the HRE in the early 11th century? I know that they became an independent Duchy starting sometime in the 9th century. A lot of the Bohemian duties and responsibilities were removed after 1212, but the Czech Kings still had the obligation to attend Imperial councils. I feel like they would not be able to force Czech kings to do something like this if they were truly an "independent kingdom". Bohemia was recognized as a kingdom by a document called The Golden Bull of Sicily. I'm pretty sure that this document just substantiated Bohemia's status in the HRE. I don't think it granted them total Independence. I don't know, I may be wrong. You probably know best considering you are Czech.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Bohemia should be for sure an independent faction. Poland sometimes was in similar situtation with HRE, but still always recognized as independent nation.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; November 06, 2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I updated the OP because we actually had made some adjustments and I just forgot to add them here. The Moddb page had the changes before. To those wanting Bohemia and Serbia we heard your requests and eventually we will put them in as separate factions.

Icon7 Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1212 AD General Overview

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I updated the OP because we actually had made some adjustments and I just forgot to add them here. The Moddb page had the changes before. To those wanting Bohemia and Serbia we heard your requests and eventually we will put them in as separate factions.

thank you

Great mod. Butit would be great to include Kingdom of Georgia as playable faction. during 1212 this kingdom was ruled by Tamar Bagrationi and this kingdom had 4 vasals (Trapezund Empire, principality of Armenia, Shirvan and Alan tribes in noth caucasus.
    Playing with a last christian faction with traditionally strong mona-spa cavalry surrounded by muslim factions will be great!

From Highest to lowest rank in Medieval Georgian:
    King (Commander of army)
    Amirspasalar (General)
    Tavadi (noble)
    Aznauri (lord)
    Mona-Spa (royal cavalry)
    Aznauri cavalry (elite heavy cavalry)
    Tadzreuli soldier (heavy infantry, analog of Templars)
    Metsikhovne (Garrison soldier), khevsur (Khevsurian warriors from Caucasus mountains), Mshvildosani (Archers), metsikhovne spearman and Kartlian spearman soldiers (Well trained and well armed soldiers, elite)
    Qrma (light infantry, well armed Georgian man, Trained every year by Batons)

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

amazing. Love the job done so far. Keep the good work!!!

*keeps checking this topic hoping for updates*

Laetus

Is there any ATW version of the campaign map?

Good work guys but Add Georgia Please at that period Georgia was strongest Kingdom in Eastern Europe

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Georgia is in, it will be added (though not exactly an Eastern European faction

Hi, do you know some resource thread or similar with skeleton? Im 3D modeller, and I want to import some stuff to Attila/Rome 2 engine, but we only have skeletons for shield and skin (armors too) in AK, anyone to spears, bows, horser armors...

Thanks for your time.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast