Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Screenshots and Videos Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Screenshots and Videos Thread

Got a mini-preview of some units from the Burgundy faction: Pavise Crossbowmen!

So if that wasn't enough preview content for you guys, here's some screens of some adjustments I'm making to the units I've shown before. I changed the helmets around so the colored ones are gone and now they're mostly ones from CWE due to their stunning quality. That adjustment has already been fully implemented, the second adjustment is kinda of related to the recent Teutonic Order preview, you guys noticed how the banners look much different from the ones in my previews. Me and Ltd. talked it over and we decided that having both a banner for the faction AND a banner for the unit type would be the best way forward. So I'm in the process of adding the unit type banners in my units. i'm not done yet but the results look great so far. Having said that, check out these screenshots of this in action:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looking good.

looking really good. if you need help with aragon crown, i've got thousands of sources from the V to the XVI centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    So if that wasn't enough preview content for you guys
    What do you mean not enough? We will never have enough !

I have to say they look so awesome!

Do you have any pics of Sweden or denmark? Dont think we've seen any.

Nordic factions are in progress for I am still on the learning curve to creating units. Here is a small taste of what I have been making though.

https://skfb.ly/HCKq

By the way, I got a culverin if there is anyone who likes to animate.

https://skfb.ly/HWCV
    Last edited by Slytacular; October 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Oh my god multiple banners per unit! YOU'RE AMAZING
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

So I present an attempt to do a more stylized video. No idea if I'll do anymore like this but there you go.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

I can't see it ..."This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." possibly others have this problem
    [IMG][/IMG]

saneel's Avatar Senator

The only problem is that units are too perfectly in line, not only when standing but also in charge.

If you had problems watching the video on Youtube, check out this Vimeo link instead.

https://vimeo.com/144480849

Just wow

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Ok, so I thought I´d show you guys a little teaser of one lithuanian unit, since I have been working on their roster after the Teutonic order.

Since Lithuania got exposed both to the West in the form of the Teutonic Order and Poland as well as to the east in the form of the Kievan Rus etc, their armor tends to show that, hopefully...
    So, this is a late era unit, Lithuanian Armored Cavalry with transitional armor.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Beautiful work and looking forward to the next batch! Liking the mixed cultural nature of the unit and variation rep+
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Looking great dude, you could make that an infantry unit as well given some Grunwald reenactment I came across that look like these but as infantry.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Even I was left amazed by the quality of the armor, it looks very professional!
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm not a big fan of the helmets with the visor flipped up. If a combatant prefers fighting with an open faced helmet then the visor is best removed otherwise it would be smart for a combatant with a visor to close it upon entering a battle. The flipped visor just looks like a useless prop on top of the helmet and it seems a bit ridiculous looking in a fight.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Well, it is just there for variation.. On the other hand, these are cavalry, and as such the visor is obviously useful. Just consider it a temporary act of catching some fresh air, before lowering it again. Infantry won't have visors, or at least not as widespread as cavalry.

Meh. I can make bascinets for you if you want variation. I'll whine and cry to you in the future again once I have created them. Could also make a code where the visors open when the unit becomes idle. It's just one of those very small details that bother me. When I see the troop in battle with the visor flipped up I think about how pointless the helmet design becomes because the extra plate is subjected to damage and it blocks the rest of the helmet shape from causing a sword or similar weapon to glance rather than cut. It's like if I design Spartans to run in battle wearing their Corinthian helmet on their foreheads, the helmet design becomes pointless and stupid.
    Last edited by Slytacular; November 04, 2015 at 01:06 PM.