Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warman's Preview Thread

Default Re: Warman's Preview Thread

I'm pretty much all Western European although I might do a couple of units for the other nations, like the ones that would belong to multiple nations. I also might be doing the Middle Eastern stuff down the road.

Really looking forward to! Author is really great.

Fozzie's Avatar Tiro

This is amazing! How long have you guys been working?

"Wocka wocka wocka." ~Fozzie Bear

Some of the stuff I have in the mod have been there since February. Yeah.

Also I will have another unit preview for tomorrow guys! All the Communal units, about 5 in total. I think you guys will like them!

Okay here we go! Just to remind everyone, these are not only available to Venice but all the Italian nations.

Communal Archers:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Communal Militia:

Communal Infantry:

Communal Cavalry:

Communal Spearmen:

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Amazing ! What are your sources for the italian armors ? They look beautiful !

Well a lot of the work at this point is mixing and matching because much of the body armor, helmets and weapons were used all over the place in Europe. I say that because I basically took some of the light soldier armor and some of the militia armor and mixed and matched them with some medieval helmets, etc,etc. The only true new things for these communal units are the oval and tavolacci shields aka the big rectangular shields the militia unit has. In regards to sources there really isn't a concise source but I've seen many of these armors in tons of pictures, miniatures and all the rest.

The shields on the communal militia look kinda weird, like big flat rectangulars

Well, that's accurate, strange as they are.

Well, I just think that a bit more depth wouldn't hurt

Well, I like them ! I'm realy curious about your next creation !

Well, looking over my roster plans I have three more Italian units left. The Arsenalotti, a medium-heavy two handed unit, the Bellatorres , basically a heavier version of the Berrovieri and then the Venetian Heavy Infantry, another unit that I'm cheating with like the Zweihander. These will be one of the strongest infantry units in the mod. Then I need to do a Venetian Officer and Banner Carrier then all the first release Italian units will be done! The best part about this is I should be able to complete most of this by the end of the day! So in a couple of days I'll be doing some minor backtracking, just adjusting some of the weapon models that are too big, then it's off to Castile and the Spanish units. Spain I don't think will be too long to do largely because there really isn't much to add aside from the Knights. There's the Squires and Castellans of course, but then there really aren't too many exclusives and unfortunately most of the exclusives will be lighter ranged units such as the Jinetes. I'm going to do Order Knights like the Santiago ones later just so you know. Then we'll go from there.

Well, good luck with all that work, warman !

Also, I have found this, I don't know if it can help you but it looks usefull : http://fr.scribd.com/doc/29393652/Ar...rope-1066-1300

edit : Should I post this on suggestion ? There's a lot of pictures of infantry and maybe Ltd would watch this ?
    Last edited by BalrogOfMorgoth; August 12, 2014 at 01:07 PM.

totalingend's Avatar Civis

Just come across this mod, it looks fantastic! Some amazing previews here
    How far through development are you guys?

So.... looking at that thing you posted Balrog.... I oh so wish I had discovered that sooner. Seriously, the part of the thing with the pictures AND the fact it divides them into different soldier types and also divides it by era, so I can make sure the equipment is right based on the descriptions. Between this and what's going on in the general discussion we have a lot to figure out.

@totalingend Thanks! We've been working on this since around April/May though some of the armor has been implemented since February/March.

Oh, well I'm glad this could help you ! But like you said, take your time, you and the team, to achieve this colossal project !

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    Well, good luck with all that work, warman !

Also, I have found this, I don't know if it can help you but it looks usefull : http://fr.scribd.com/doc/29393652/Ar...rope-1066-1300

edit : Should I post this on suggestion ? There's a lot of pictures of infantry and maybe Ltd would watch this ?
    Thank you for the link. I did indeed take a look and as a general overview it is very useful. +rep

Glad to hear that it will help the mod ! The guy who wrote this also wrote something about the Byzantine empire, but I can't find it.

Here's another Italian unit. The Arsenlotti, a two handed unit.

I did make another unit the Bellatorres but I think it'll be redundant to a couple other units on the roster. So the next and last unit is the Venetian Heavy Infantry, then the officers/banner carriers.

Charming ! By the way, how many helmets did you create ? Including variation of the same helmet ?

Also great work, like always